Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BTT-2010 bot open for public test this Saturday (14th)
We have already set up the bot which will host the games for BTT2010. Thanks for Velo's help.

We decided that this Saturday (14th) the bot will be open for public to test. So for people who registered for BTT2010, they can already try the connection of the host, check if the ping is ok and the delay is small enough for a high competitive game.

olivercamel will be online from 12:00 (noon) till 23:00 (evening) or maybe stay even later. The time is the Europe +1 time. You can find me in Northend, clan BuG (/j clan bug).

It is also allowed to make some warm-up games if the players are enough.

For the people who has not registered for BTT yet but interested in it, it is also welcome to come, maybe on that day you can meet some other players and make a team.
Hi olivercamel,

Team BTC will be online at your 10pm your time (Europe Berlin) which is Australia 6am to test out this bot as hopefully have a warmup match with Team "intRacial". In case either team is short on numbers, people are more then welcome to join and meet us in the BUG channel before we start the game. If you can reserve the bot spot for that period (in case you only have the one bot), that would be appriciated, thanks.
hsy1 Wrote:Hi olivercamel,

Team BTC will be online at your 10pm your time (Europe Berlin) which is Australia 6am to test out this bot as hopefully have a warmup match with Team "intRacial". In case either team is short on numbers, people are more then welcome to join and meet us in the BUG channel before we start the game. If you can reserve the bot spot for that period (in case you only have the one bot), that would be appriciated, thanks.

I will be there at 10pm. The bot can host multiple games, so it is not a problem. If I am not in the channel, e.g. observe in a game, send me a message. (/msg olivercamel blablabla ....)
On Saturday we had successfully tested the BTT bot. The connection for EU players are good. For Australian and Korean players however are like 160-220ms. But it is still playable according to the players.

If you have tested the bot and have some feedbacks, feel free to post it here.

For those people who didn't have time to test the bot yet, you can always login to Northrend, and try to find Velocity2k, olivercamel, Orthodox, or Indeterminismus. These are the people who have access to create games via BTT bot at the moment.

If you have a team and want to make warm-up games, you can also send the game time to me (olivercamel). Normally I will make the time to be there for hosting the game for you.
hi olivercamel~

you sad, => For Australian and Korean players however are like 160-220ms. But it is still playable according to the players.

so other country player's ping? => 11~20ms!!!!!!!

this difference is very serious. if you do it at 220ms or over, you will feel that difference.

ex) when you can kill a enemy, you will be killed.

we have a great penalty. this status is unfair.

so i suggest that bot's latency is 130~150.(11~20ms=> 130~150ms, 160~250ms=> 160~250ms : a little fairness) that's fairness.

if you want the fairness and the big game!! plz think my suggestion.

ps.!! though we lose all game at btt2010, we will win all game at asia-server!!! (even other country player's ping is 11~20ms at asia-server.)
I asume it's velo's code for the bot, so it will automaticly adjust latency to the lowest possible setting that all players recieve their game state updated in time - lowest ping defines this latency value.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Markhill Wrote:this difference is very serious. if you do it at 220ms or over, you will feel that difference.

we have a great penalty. this status is unfair.

so i suggest that bot's latency is 130~150.(11~20ms=> 130~150ms, 160~250ms=> 160~250ms : a little fairness) that's fairness.

ps.!! though we lose all game at btt2010, we will win all game at asia-server!!! (even other country player's ping is 11~20ms at asia-server.)

Hi Markhill,

I played games with high ping like 200~300ms too. I know what that feels like. And we are aware that the high ping is not fair to the players from outside Europe. We are trying the best that we can.

You suggestion looks like a good idea. But i don't know if it is possible to increase the ping for the EU players. I will need to ask Velo, who is the owner of the btt bot. If possible i think it would be ok to do it.

If you have good host in Asia/Korean, you can also ask if your opponent team would like to play in your server. Maybe some of the team would like to show you their skills at 200ms or higher ping.
i suggest this thing.
give a chance to play in their favorite server for all team.
all man want to play in their server.
if they have a chance to play with their fevorit host, this dissatisfaction will be gone.
ex)
in america team vs in asia team.
if first game in asia , second game in america east or west. last game play in eu.
eu vs asia or somewhere's case... is..
i dont know. hhhh;;;;
theoneitw Wrote:i suggest this thing.
give a chance to play in their favorite server for all team.
all man want to play in their server.
if they have a chance to play with their fevorit host, this dissatisfaction will be gone.
ex)
in america team vs in asia team.
if first game in asia , second game in america east or west. last game play in eu.
eu vs asia or somewhere's case... is..
i dont know. hhhh;;;;

The problem is, there will be only 1 game between 2 teams. So it cannot happen on 2 different servers.
Doesnt matter which server you play on, it depends on where the bot/host is situated. So unless someone in Asia/Australia host the game, the ping wont lower any further then what the BOT's ability is - which is 160-190ms. Increasing latancy would be fair but I doubt any of the europe players will be able to adjust in time for the BTT.
Would it be possible to have different bots or hosts for cross-geographical games?

For instance:
Asia + Europe = US
Oceania + Asia = Europe
Europe + Oceania = US
Oceania + US = Asia
Europe + US = Asia
US + Asia = Europe

Don't trust Australian connections. Compared to the rest of the world, we suck.
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
this will be a "who dont get the most DC´s" Tournament -.-
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Pro don't die because of the lag.
the lag dies because of the pro!
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
We decided to use "!latency 200" for US/Australia/Korea teams involved games, if those teams request to do so. It gives small delay to EU teams, and can compensate a little the connection delay of those teams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTT 2010 Replays on Youtube in HD!! Tynkywinky 25 20,271 2010-09-25, 10:01:08
Last Post: Tynkywinky
  BTT 2010 registration sharply ended in August 22nd, 2010 olivercamel 11 7,089 2010-08-22, 23:52:18
Last Post: olivercamel
  BTT 2010 Registration Paladon 16 16,780 2010-08-22, 23:48:19
  Welcome to the 14th team "Dream Team" olivercamel 1 2,044 2010-08-22, 16:46:47