Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Average game length - options for change
Hulls don't increase armor and I don't really want to do that, since then they would be way better than they are now, which would make the price increase kind of pointless.

Storm would get more HP then, yes.

Hm, how about making the Demon Stun a skillshot too, while keeping the current stats? This way it would also benefit from Banish, since you could slow air tanks enough to realiably hit them.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2014-05-23, 12:35:02)Exodus Wrote: Hulls don't increase armor and I don't really want to do that, since then they would be way better than they are now, which would make the price increase kind of pointless.
Agreed

(2014-05-23, 12:35:02)Exodus Wrote: Storm would get more HP then, yes.
hm...

(2014-05-23, 12:35:02)Exodus Wrote: Hm, how about making the Demon Stun a skillshot too, while keeping the current stats? This way it would also benefit from Banish, since you could slow air tanks enough to realiably hit them.
Doubt it will be a good idea. The greatest thing about demon stun is you can snipe the tanks in the enemy backline. Changing it to a skillshot will make it too easy to block for other tanks, and i bet you will see demon disappear completely.
Demon is a 10k tank afterall.

Overall some great ideas.
Btw now that you change axe can you change the name to axti?Wink
Storm is overused because tanks like (thunder,air ship) of appropriate prices are too weak . If we would do improve anything it should be focused onto them and heavy as well that makes more convenient conditions for playing heli straight way to demon .
Hulls: I like the idea but would also change repair kits (the real problem are those packs - easy to get, little mana cost and low cooldowns).

Dämon: For the first time since years I see this tank popular again... upgraded Burst Armor works very well against but also Earth, Frost or Goliath. But since there is so much complaint at the moment, maybe keep the skills as they are but make it an 11k tank instead?
Storm: Instead of making it even stronger against the now rare Airship and Skytank, make it cheaper and weaker! It's a great possibilty to hunt early air tanks without buying nets.

About tank variety in general, there is a much bigger distribution than before and please don't bring back times where everyone plays Airship, Heavy Gobo and saves for the first endgame-tank.

Axe: Is this really the only weapon we have to discuss? Yes, it's strong and with nets you can kill any tank, but it sucks at conquering a cp with a building or sieging the enemy base. At this point -again- i would like to the weapon formula being reworked or nerf mass weapons (plus 2%-3% increased cost for every same weapon bought by a team).
About normal repair kit should maybe be removed as a seperate item make it allowed to buy at one stroke (kit+blueprint) with cost 3k it would surely affect the competitiveness of playing heli and certainly increase of cooldown and mana cost sounds good . Keeping storm in the current shape is fine providing that e.g thunder could have a 1k more hp or growth of aura range due to very seldom usage .
Now we're at it how about a 7th item slot solely for consumable items such as breakers, nets, detectors. Eventually troop and mortar packs (400 ones) and recharge.
I thought of creating a new post, but decided to post here since its same topic.

I have some ideas to reduce game length a bit, I'm not a really fan of very long games, they can last a bit shorter imo. My common sense tell me that increasing tank bounty, and maybe lowering creep and building bounty may accomplish that. I'm only suggesting some change to bounties.

1) Lower bounties of everything else, increase hero bounty

Maybe increase the base tank bounty by 100 maybe and increase the value factor affecting tank bounty, lower creep bounty to 10/20 gold, lower building bounty by 20% too?, doubling bounty can occur at every 50 min instead of every hour maybe. This would give approximately same income, but tank kills counts more than before so uneven games will end games faster maybe. (Alternatively creep bounties can be kept at same level.)

OR

2) Increase the bounty of everything by 25%?

It will make uneven games shorter, only even games will be approximately the same length, but you will develop faster, but problem with this is that you must upgrade more armor, as you get more gold faster. 

OR/AND

3) Readjust Force gold distribution to reward players doing well in league mode

Actually I think tank kills doesn't count as much. Getting tons of tank kills will in more rarest cases not count as 50% of your gold income, 10 creep kills and you earned approximately a tank kill at the bery beginning, just 2 waves. Normally creep kills and building kill and assists counts about 60-95% of your income depending on your tank kills, where you get a lot of kills at start, doesn't really count out so much at end games if the table turns around and kills is more worth. The multiboard kinda give the wrong idea of how well a player does, especially at endgames that might not be true and using -stats x to check out the players creep kills is really an important indicator how much he farmed as its invisible on multiboard.

How about rewarding players with high amount of kills more force gold? Each player get 20% then, kills/deaths will adjust how much you get. Lets say a base value of 20 for each player, but will never drop to less than 10, regarding dying to often, If a player get 10 kills, 0 deaths, he have like 30 points of force gold distribution factor, lets say 2000 gold being distributed, and 2 other players have 5 kills, 5 deaths they still stand at 20 points, 2 players 2 kills, 7 deaths, 15 points it will be 30+20+20+15+15 = 100 point factor (it is just an example, it could end up with a different point value, like 88 maybe, so it would be 30.0/88.0 = 0.34, multiply that with total force gold of 2000, you get the gold player gets about 680)

400 gold will be distributed if balanced stats, but the player doing well get 600 of the gold, instead of only 400 gold, the players doing badly get 300, instead of 400 gold. In this way playing badly and feeding would be less rewarded by the force gold. I didn't include assist in my suggestion to keep it simple.

This will disfavor the bad players and make it a bit more unfair, but atm Battle Tanks is maybe a bit to fair and doing well doesn't count that really much, so still a bit uneven games still tends to lengthen out a bit to much.
1.) RIP Multibow, but also a nerf to boring creeping tactics (mass scout). Increasing hero bounty would make players force to play more carefully, any kind of feeding would be more punished.

2.) Against. A small step back towards make 5k hb standard mode.

3.) Too one-sided. Teams can win without leading in kills, by controlling the terrain and focus to destroy the enemy base.

4.) Merge the league bots.

Ranked is dead. Average is 1 game per day hosted and even that is more a Qualify Plus compared to the times when the playerbase was big and strong. I don't wait 3 hours anymore to play an half.
(2015-07-13, 00:21:03)RaptorXI Wrote: 1.) RIP Multibow, but also a nerf to boring creeping tactics (mass scout). Increasing hero bounty would make players force to play more carefully, any kind of feeding would be more punished.

2.) Against. A small step back towards make 5k hb standard mode.

3.) Too one-sided. Teams can win without leading in kills, by controlling the terrain and focus to destroy the enemy base.

4.) Merge the league bots.

Ranked is dead. Average is 1 game per day hosted and even that is more a Qualify Plus compared to the times when the playerbase was big and strong. I don't wait 3 hours anymore to play an half.

I will be looking into seeing if we can merge the bots.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
(2015-07-12, 23:59:02)AeroniumX Wrote: I thought of creating a new post, but decided to post here since its same topic.

I have some ideas to reduce game length a bit, I'm not a really fan of very long games, they can last a bit shorter imo. My common sense tell me that increasing tank bounty, and maybe lowering creep and building bounty may accomplish that. I'm only suggesting some change to bounties.

1) Lower bounties of everything else, increase hero bounty

Maybe increase the base tank bounty by 100 maybe and increase the value factor affecting tank bounty, lower creep bounty to 10/20 gold, lower building bounty by 20% too?, doubling bounty can occur at every 50 min instead of every hour maybe. This would give approximately same income, but tank kills counts more than before so uneven games will end games faster maybe. (Alternatively creep bounties can be kept at same level.)

OR

2) Increase the bounty of everything by 25%?

It will make uneven games shorter, only even games will be approximately the same length, but you will develop faster, but problem with this is that you must upgrade more armor, as you get more gold faster. 

OR/AND

3) Readjust Force gold distribution to reward players doing well in league mode

Actually I think tank kills doesn't count as much. Getting tons of tank kills will in more rarest cases not count as 50% of your gold income, 10 creep kills and you earned approximately a tank kill at the bery beginning, just 2 waves. Normally creep kills and building kill and assists counts about 60-95% of your income depending on your tank kills, where you get a lot of kills at start, doesn't really count out so much at end games if the table turns around and kills is more worth. The multiboard kinda give the wrong idea of how well a player does, especially at endgames that might not be true and using -stats x to check out the players creep kills is really an important indicator how much he farmed as its invisible on multiboard.

How about rewarding players with high amount of kills more force gold? Each player get 20% then, kills/deaths will adjust how much you get. Lets say a base value of 20 for each player, but will never drop to less than 10, regarding dying to often, If a player get 10 kills, 0 deaths, he have like 30 points of force gold distribution factor, lets say 2000 gold being distributed, and 2 other players have 5 kills, 5 deaths they still stand at 20 points, 2 players 2 kills, 7 deaths, 15 points it will be 30+20+20+15+15 = 100 point factor (it is just an example, it could end up with a different point value, like 88 maybe, so it would be 30.0/88.0 = 0.34, multiply that with total force gold of 2000, you get the gold player gets about 680)

400 gold will be distributed if balanced stats, but the player doing well get 600 of the gold, instead of only 400 gold, the players doing badly get 300, instead of 400 gold. In this way playing badly and feeding would be less rewarded by the force gold. I didn't include assist in my suggestion to keep it simple.

This will disfavor the bad players and make it a bit more unfair, but atm Battle Tanks is maybe a bit to fair and doing well doesn't count that really much, so still a bit uneven games still tends to lengthen out a bit to much.

Heaps of thought and time been taken i don't think any dramatic changes unfortunately.But i agree with raptor also i can many other factors of game play that would change if tank bounty increased also it seems exodus has no time to make changes to the map. 
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts about the Community and the Game cpu 3 5,876 2015-08-12, 22:26:06
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Game impact of sides versus mid Prog 10 11,219 2014-04-17, 21:31:11
Last Post: RaptorXI
  New players are kicked from the game goranie 7 6,215 2014-03-30, 07:54:03
Last Post: Max
  Titan: price and req. level change RAF_Fenix 1 2,378 2013-01-01, 18:19:21
Last Post: Exodus