Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions about the btanks tournament and its rules, please post under this thread.

We will answer your questions and collect frequently asked questions to make a list.

Frequently asked Questions:

- Q: Is it allowed to use GProxy++ in the Btanks Tournament?
- A: It takes time for the bot owner to reconfigure the bot for gproxy supporting, but it is possible we won't have enough time to work on it before the tournament starts. So please consider for now the tournament bot will NOT support GProxy++, unless we give a further notice on it.

- Q: Flame is not allowed? How to define what is flame?
- A: "Flame" means speaking something bad to your opponents, which is strictly forbidden in the BTT. See 13. The referees observing in the game have the rights to decide what is flame and what is not. It is totally up to the referees. If you are watching world cup 2010 you may notice sometimes the referees can make mistakes ... So it is wise to talk as less as possible to the other team, to avoid the possibility to be judged as flamer.

- Q: I just registerd on behalf the of BTC clan situated in the Bored Aussie Server (http://www.boredaussie.com/). Anyway to hold some of our matches their instead of Bnet Server?
- A: To avoid the violation of the term of use of blizzard, we have decided all the BTT 2010 games must be hosted on the 4 official BN servers. The BTT players must have a valid cd-key, so they can login into 1 of the 4 servers. By default, the BTT games will be hosted by the Btank league beta bot, but it is possible to play the BTT games on a different bot or host, provided if (1) both teams agree to play on that host instead of league bot, (2) all players and BTT referees can join the game from 1 of the 4 official Blizzard server.

-Q: does this mean, makros are not allowed?
- A: Some people prefer to use software tools or build-in keyboard features to quickly type a string in the Btanks games. In BTT 2010, it is ONLY allowed to do this, when the strings are bt commands like "-zoom xxxx", "-rc" etc.
Quote:The btanks map version 8.71 is used for the tournament.

There is no version 8.71 yet. When will it be released?
Probably in the next few days (meaning today-tomorrow-..etc)
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
dunno if good topic, cauz its more like a suggestion than question.
There are allowed tools mentioned in BTT rules.
What about adding there GProxy++ ?
some of u know it, if not here is its forum:
http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php#9
its a program which can help when some1 get dc, by pausing game and w8ing for him to reconnect.
the guy who wrote it, also wrote ghost++, so i think that he has enough knowledge, and that program is rly working.
already saved my ass several times.
FAM_Plyvak Wrote:dunno if good topic, cauz its more like a suggestion than question.
There are allowed tools mentioned in BTT rules.
What about adding there GProxy++ ?
some of u know it, if not here is its forum:
http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php#9
its a program which can help when some1 get dc, by pausing game and w8ing for him to reconnect.
the guy who wrote it, also wrote ghost++, so i think that he has enough knowledge, and that program is rly working.
already saved my ass several times.

We dunno whether it will work correctly with Battle Tanks or not and afaik velos bot are not prepared for GProxy++
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
but its a nice idea.
and i dont think it lasts long to config the bots to be usable by gproxy.

its a nice proggy and it still works.

give it a try... maybe for one test bot? (ur beta bot isnt in use^^)
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Well, it's not that easy, those bots are heavily modified based on a code before gproxy++ but velo could tell us more about itTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
would be nice..
we got inet only 6months ago but this line sucks so hard although it's new -.-

i get dc's very often and i'm not alone with this prob i guessSad
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
I'm not sure if tweaks in the map are necessary for that.

I don't think we have enough time to implement AND test it before the tournament starts, but i'll have a look at it when i've got time (i'm moving the next few days...).
Quote:13. Behavior

Instead of asking the team with insulted player(s) if they want to kick the flamer, the referees should decide whether to kick or not. Compare it to yellow (=admonish) and red (=kick) cards you might know from other games.
Who would not use the possibility to kick and make the teams unbalanced in order to win?
RaptorXI Wrote:
Quote:13. Behavior

Instead of asking the team with insulted player(s) if they want to kick the flamer, the referees should decide whether to kick or not. Compare it to yellow (=admonish) and red (=kick) cards you might know from other games.
Who would not use the possibility to kick and make the teams unbalanced in order to win?

There should be no misunderstanding in Term 13.

For the flamers, first time the referee pauses the game and warns the guy. Second time the referee pauses the game and "ask the player with improper behaviors to be kicked by his/her team."

This is not an option. At the 2nd time when referee pauses the game, the team MUST kick the flamer no matter they want to or not. If they don't kick the flamer, the referee will sentence the team as the loser team. See 13.3
Spam removed. Cut the crap guys.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I am new to this forum and i dont have much time to search topic.Big Grin
Shortly my question is "when will this tournament start and end?"
Trolololo
horselance Wrote:I am new to this forum and i dont have much time to search topic.Big Grin
Shortly my question is "when will this tournament start and end?"

In the planning we made before, we collect teams in July, and starts in August. Hopefully finish in a month or so.

But because the map v8.71 (which will be used for BTT) is still in beta phase, i guess the starting time has to be delayed.

If you ask me, 2 factors decide when the BTT starts:
(1) The starting time has to be after at least 2 weeks after the 8.71 is out (have no idea when 8.71 is out)
(2) We need to collect 8 teams at least (we are close to have 8 teams now)

But anyway, as it is called BTT2010 (not btt 2010~2011 xD) it has to be finished within this year.
question concering rule 11

Quote:11.Allowed Tools
1. The communication software is allowed to use in the tournament games, like Skype, TeamSpeak etc.
2. The hotkey tools which change the default tank ability hotkeys or number keys are allowed to use in the tournament games.
3. Except for the 2 types of software mentioned above, all other tools or software are not allowed to use in the tournament games.

does this mean, makros are not allowed?

i.e. to enter -zoom and -rc command faster
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
seems its not allowd. i would say its np (i dunno it) but.. who is so lazy to use makros for this commands?
yu?Confusedhock:
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
SCorpA1 Wrote:question concering rule 11

Quote:11.Allowed Tools
1. The communication software is allowed to use in the tournament games, like Skype, TeamSpeak etc.
2. The hotkey tools which change the default tank ability hotkeys or number keys are allowed to use in the tournament games.
3. Except for the 2 types of software mentioned above, all other tools or software are not allowed to use in the tournament games.

does this mean, makros are not allowed?

i.e. to enter -zoom and -rc command faster

We didn't foresee this tool. So it is not allowed.

As far as i know, -rc and -zoom xxxx are always used only once at the beginning of the game, why do u have to use a tool to do it?
olivercamel Wrote:As far as i know, -rc and -zoom xxxx are always used only once at the beginning of the game, why do u have to use a tool to do it?
in the time, you couldnt chat before the game started ingame for those commands, it was really usefull, because you hadnt to type the commands while buy weapons and porting etc and were faster and more concentrated than others. now, it isnt that big problem anymore, except you are the last one, who loads the game Big Grin
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
so i can't use my makro keys from my keyboard ? i mean it's not really a program,it's the saitek cyborg keyboard :S
olivercamel Wrote:But because the map v8.71 (which will be used for BTT) is still in beta phase, i guess the starting time has to be delayed.
We wanted to release 8.71 yesterday. But in some last tests we found a desync issue which we have to fix before the final release.
Currently we are more or less able to reproduce the desync, but at the moment we don't know the exact cause.

EDIT: The dsync issue is also in the 8.70 map. Hope we can fix it soon.