Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
STARCRAFT 2 - BATTLE TANKS
Greetings folks,

Exodus, Velocity2k and me are currently working on the Starcraft 2 version of Battle Tanks.
We'll use this thread to share some updates, informations etc. but we cannot tell you right now when this will beWink

If you have valueable and adequate suggestions, you need to know SC2 already for that, feel free to post them.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Since the SC2 engine works with a few and couple alterations, we synthesize some of the gameplay effects, others can be recreated or newly structured to fit the general concept.

We just finished a first terrained map with a size which orientates on the Wc3 BT playable map size. The terrain itself has a couple of new alterations, using some of the new possibilities the engine offers, as well as known and proven contents. I guess there might come some preview images sometime. I'm sure that we will still alter it in some ways.

As one of the new available features for the SC2 version i'd like to announce that the possibility of adding small interface buttons, for most of the public ingame commands (such as "zoom in", "zoom out", maybe even "kick" or "giveup"), to offer a faster and more efficient use of such commands will most likely be used for the map. You will not have to write such things into the chat anymore, it will be enough to click on a small button.

The terrained layout is mostly done, we got the first working weapons and units, we have a couple of important systems (such as control points and similar) and an UI using a hybrid of known and new aspects. Some first screenshots might come sometime soon.

Added a few UI pictures.
[attachment=6]
[attachment=4]
[attachment=5]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Wow!

Well the layout so far is nice. Nice UI and stuff. Zoom In and Zoom out. Wouldn't mind if you also added zoom command for those BT players wants a fixed zoom distance if possible. Maybe rounded down/up to nearest 250 (or whatever values are used) values for make it fit with zoom in zoom out button adjustments

The terrain looks a bit dull and desert like. It would be nice with some green and perhaps other colors to make the terrain more appealing like in the Battle Tanks for WC3 to give somewhat the same feeling that this map is based on WC3's BT map

With the weapon systems in SC2, it would be awesome to see how they work in SC2. Maybe we have new stuff and abilties, like a team tank with shield bubble to act as a protection for the team. Shields are awesome in SC2 and they look quite bad in WC3 in comparison.
I don't know the mainstream here, but I would prefer a "natural" Design of the map like in the WC3-Version. But I think, this "robot"-like Terrain and tanks would better fit in to SC2, what do you think?

Anyway, these little informations looks very impressive. As I took a look on the minimap in your scrrens, I see, that heros arend that thicky point as in WC3, insteadt just a little dot in the map. Is this intended, or will it be changed?
That's a good point you have there.

In fact, we will not use heroes for tanks but regular units. The interface will give you the impression of having a "hero". It's a hell of coding work but worth it.
But you are right, the tanks should be noticeable on the minimap.

Yay, the very first picture of Starcraft 2 Battle Tanks reveals.. the Votekick Button, the central feature.

Relieving to see that newbs will not be able to play BT. Just make sureyou already installed SC2 on your computer when the first official BT will be released, so you can start train your skills and therefore be one of the guys who dont get kicked everytime.
DerSatan Wrote:Yay, the very first picture of Starcraft 2 Battle Tanks reveals.. the Votekick Button, the central feature.

Relieving to see that newbs will not be able to play BT. Just make sureyou already installed SC2 on your computer when the first official BT will be released, so you can start train your skills and therefore be one of the guys who dont get kicked everytime.
Mh, I did not give many attention now to the vote kick button, throughout the dev's have said, the Kick-System will work with the next BT-Version (in WC3) completly differnt than before. I am excited about the new system...
I'm glad that someone noticed my hint in the first pictureWink

Everything you see right now is still in development. This includes the terrain and the UI.

The terrain was just made, so we have something similiar to the current map to work with. It's no problem to change the terrain style completely to another one.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
not cool! starcraft sucks
Erwin_Rommel Wrote:not cool! starcraft sucks
gtfo :<
very nice =)
just need a new pc when btanks is finished at starcraft =)=P
but really nice work=)
You may have noticed, the current(!) currency is going to be "Credits" in BT SC2, if you have other ideas and suggestions (stay realistic, "Gold" doesnt make sense), feel free to suggest them.

The "inventory" is in a steady progress, items will be dropable by a simple double-click.
[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

:?:
i use double click at porter in btanks for fast escape Sad
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Paladon Wrote:The "inventory" is in a steady progress, items will be dropable by a simple double-click.
[attachment=0]
<3
As i don't have SC2 yet (it's still in closed beta, right?), just some questions:

1. Will it be possible to have more than 6 items? The buttons in the inventory suggest so
2. I hope the written commands will still work, as it will be rather unfunny to always have to click the zoom out 10 times after game starts (think about pro gamers - i for one always play with max zoom and would hope in the future there will be more zoom possible than 5000)
3. i would not want dps to be shown in info screen
4. how would you provide a reason with votekick button? i hope the buttons are only optional alltogether
5. dropping by double click kind of sucks - don't wanna know how often someone will just click on something because it's nearly ready (thing of powerpack nearly ready when you run from enemy and are nearly dead) - i doubt ppl will love it...

My 50 centsWink

Cheers
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
maybe with right mouse klichWink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle tanks for dota 2 initiative No Pie For You 6 6,902 2015-11-07, 19:08:59
Last Post: No Pie For You