Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta League
Velocity2k Wrote:We hope this version is stable enough to start our league.

So how far is the new league system?
olivercamel Wrote:
Velocity2k Wrote:We hope this version is stable enough to start our league.

So how far is the new league system?

It's almost complete and working. We asume we have fixed a last problem concerning stats tracking within the map which has caused data corruption and made 50% of the game date useless. Database seems to be stable und working fine.

With correct data tracking almost everything important but a summary page is working, like points (ELO) calculation, auto balancing, etc.

We could need someone translating an explanation of the whole system into english (from german)Confusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:We could need someone translating an explanation of the whole system into english (from german)Confusedhock:
I'd love to help out, just contact me.
You may be interested into this BETA Top150 overview :roll:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
How are the points calculated?
And does getting kicked count as "leave"?
RaptorXI Wrote:How are the points calculated?
And does getting kicked count as "leave"?

It rather complicated and not finialized yet, some parameters may be changed.

Short Version: every player has his ELO score which determines the probability to win. A higher winning probability means less score gain and vice versa. Additinally your game stats will slightly influence that score gain, but your current ELO rating compared to other game participant is far more important.

And complete explanation will follow once it's everything regarding point calculation is finialized.
wowWink im full of expectation and hope we can play league games soon =)
eSVau Wrote:You may be interested into this BETA Top150 overview :roll:

Mmmmhhh is it possible to merge my 2 accounts? There is 2 Althend in the top ^_^
Or do you think it is not possible?

(i feel in mood being number 1 and 2 !!! lol )
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:

Mmmmhhh is it possible to merge my 2 accounts? There is 2 Althend in the top ^_^

Not possible to merge, sorry
eSVau Wrote:
Althend Wrote:

Not possible to merge, sorry

you should be able to verify if your althend on azeroth and northrend so you can go up rankings from playing on both servers velo told me that there may be a system in place to do so i think it would be cool considering alot of azeroth and northrend people switch from realm to realm to suit the timezone and activity ^^
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Cheating would also be possible, two different people merging their account into one and playing together for rank 1.

Merging would mean making a bunch of changes to the database and much work for a few people who cant decide from which server the want to enter our multi-realm-league-bots.

So, nope, it wont happen that way :roll:
eSVau Wrote:Cheating would also be possible, two different people merging their account into one and playing together for rank 1.

Merging would mean making a bunch of changes to the database and much work for a few people who cant decide from which server the want to enter our multi-realm-league-bots.

So, nope, it wont happen that way :roll:

That way of cheating is allready possible with just 1 account (you can even log into bnet multiple times at the same time).

Nevertheless the priority of merging 2+ accounts is low, it's not really difficult to switch realm when playing league.
leaver pissed me off - thx well known hoplada and other unknown dudes - leaver penalty has been changed (non retroactive) :evil:

edit: i've looked up the database, within 2 days there are about 1000 games, with 10000 players. There are about 3700 distinct players, that are 2.7 games per player - and 40% of those 10000 players are marked as leavers ...
eSVau Wrote:leaver pissed me off - thx well known hoplada and other unknown dudes - leaver penalty has been changed (non retroactive) :evil:

edit: i've looked up the database, within 2 days there are about 1000 games, with 10000 players. There are about 3700 distinct players, that are 2.7 games per player - and 40% of those 10000 players are marked as leavers ...

Lol it is so sad. So much leavers.

I want 3 different bots :$

1/ Leave-bot : for all leavers
2/ Normal league bot: all except leavers
3/ Pro league bot: only first 300 best players :p

Is it possible?Big Grin

( Then each of us would use multiple account in top 300 to force you to merge our score!!! mouahhaha)
Althend Wrote:I want 3 different bots :$

That would be so nice! A dedicated hosting bot only for the top300 players. But it would be ages until a game would be full.
ssl Wrote:
Althend Wrote:I want 3 different bots :$

That would be so nice! A dedicated hosting bot only for the top300 players. But it would be ages until a game would be full.

Or 1000 best ^_^. It would help a lot to find new good players/challenge.
http://league.btanks.net/hallofshame.php
Hall of Shame, nice.

But i think the players shouldnt be sorted by total leaves -> elo, but by left games % -> total leaves.
Hahahaha nice @ Hall of Shame! #68 there is the same as #5 in Top150 :roll:
Another preview link: http://league.btanks.net/last50games.php

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTanks League RANKED #30003 cant Join Bot Userkiller 0 2,226 2012-04-27, 17:10:20
Last Post: Userkiller
  8.72 Beta 3 bot = horrible games UnifiedDoom 2 3,051 2010-10-02, 19:59:44
Last Post: Velocity2k
  afkai on league. jonjon 8 5,303 2010-09-08, 13:11:45
Last Post: Smartie
  Removal of Votekick in League psycodiver 4 3,495 2010-06-20, 22:32:46
Last Post: ssl
  Capslocked and Althend might cheat in league( with replay) mooneye 16 9,643 2010-06-20, 21:47:23
Last Post: psycodiver