Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Events
Ok today i disscussed with pala, he wanted to me to post here.

So its simple as this each 5 min, (i am thinking like this 2:30 apart from income time, so its like this income,event,income,event etc. each 2:30 min)

Event could be positive or bad,
like 10% more dmg aura for 30 secs
-10% movespeed for 30 sec(for the team or only a hero)
earthquake, every unit in map is slowed by 50%
air strike, i think random spots.
10% heal
and so on.
my thoughts: no!
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
of course this dont have to be impleneted as default, add this as optional?

Oh? btw? dont be LQP explain why. CONSTRUCTIVE!
I don't like it. BTanks has a very nice amount of randomness with weapons shooting at random target, and too much randomness destroys the game i think.
i like it

Random events = cool !

that is what i liked the most about the Battle Tank MG (macguyver version)
I don't like the idea of the random events you have listed.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
I don't like to see the mappers working on random events.

my reasons:

(1) If you add an extra mode with random event, I am afraid it could become another "hb" mode. Btanks already have too many modes, and I think it is good to have as less modes as possible. And it is hard to make the random event as default mode, because it takes quite some time to evaluate and adjust the game balance.

(2) Technically random event is hard to implement, because it needs the mappers to work on many different event visual effects. Also it is hard for testing, because the "random" event can combine with many other factors and cause a bug. Especially in the case which the mappers are highly loaded and the beta testers are not productive enough, add such a feature consumes too much develop resources.

(3) I think actually the btank now is good enough (as good as dota). We should focus on promote the game by attracting more players. This is better through organizing but not designing, like through a well designed league system (maybe even team-league in the future), more faster multirealm bots, and tournaments etc.

So instead of working on making random events, I'd rather like to see the league system coming out as faster as possible. Also I remember there is a new tank on the way. If the mappers still want to do more staff, I would suggest to reconsider/improve the trader/exploder/thinker etc., which are already parts of the btanks (and also give diversity to the game) but not allowed in league or not often used because of the imbalance.
Most of the people who play the game (or at least the people that come around these forums) pride themselves with having skill. If you throw in an element of randomness, you take away control from the individual player. A random game is less about having good mechanics/skill/strategy and more about getting dumb-luck, which is what I think most people are a bit wary of... Figure out a way to give good players a chance to calculate, manipulate, or strategize with these "random" events and maybe it'll be an appealing feature for the game.

Ex.
-Having map control or force upgrades may determine whether the event will impact a team positively or negatively.
-Make the random events more predictable or selectable. Maybe certain tanks/weapons can affect the weather (Frost Bots increase the likelihood of a snow affect, Titans and Earth Bots can create and earthquake. That way players can make builds the complement these events). Perhaps a player can invest some form of "upgrades" to increase or choose the chances of some event happening.
-Make the events either avoidable or affects to all players simultaneously, that way certain players aren't shafted or unfairly buffed (imagine getting a 10% heal or a having your team get hit by an air strike before a major team battle).

olivercamel Wrote:(1) If you add an extra mode with random event, I am afraid it could become another "hb" mode. Btanks already have too many modes, and I think it is good to have as less modes as possible. And it is hard to make the random event as default mode, because it takes quite some time to evaluate and adjust the game balance.

Rest assured, the only mode that would become as popular as HB would be a mode that increases the rate at which gold enters the game... Personally I think they modes help ease up on the feeling of monotony that tends to creep up after playing for a while.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
IlPalazzo Wrote:-Make the events either avoidable or affects to all players simultaneously, that way certain players aren't shafted or unfairly buffed (imagine getting a 10% heal or a having your team get hit by an air strike before a major team battle).

i only agree with this idea

random
events should NOT be predictable, nor controllable, else it defeats the whole purpose of "Random" events.

it should be at a random time, or triggered by random actions, and when it happens, it should affect to all players in the map, or a large AOE effect to a big portion of the map say an area of at least 3000 to 6000 distance.

random time is easy to do.

triggers by actions on random events can be randomly activated by:
- destroying a tower,
- building a tower,
- picking up a healing rune
- destroying a tree
- killing more than X amount of creeps at a time
- teleporting
- arriving to a Control Point
- leaving to a Control Point
- dying
- reviving (suicide bomber only)
- buying or selling an item

and the effects don't need to be related at all with those actions.

for example you can easily go into a Control Point, and just by that trigger it will activate a random event, like all players gets +3000 HP for 5 min in a 5000 area radius
Battlemaniac Wrote:
random
events should NOT be predictable, nor controllable, else it defeats the whole purpose of "Random" events.

Maybe so, but again, the more purely random something is, the less control a player has over it and the more the he has to rely on dumb luck. That's my main gripe with a completely random mechanic. With the weapons "random" targeting system, the player can manipulate where he directs his fire by moving his tank and positioning himself correctly. He doesn't have full control over his weapons but he can direct his fire with the correct movement. Players should be able to exert a similar level of control over these events if the feature is to be implemented, because randomness is incompatible in a game where people are trying to play competitively. The competitive player should expect the outcome to depend on skill rather than chance.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
I'm still not convinced that random events would be something fitting to BT.
It's too random. This is Battle Tanks and no mod of it.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
well i know one thing for sure, sitting here wont get btanks popular.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random reward BENNIE.FM 23 19,564 2014-03-28, 18:56:20
Last Post: Max
  Random stat BENNIE.FM 3 3,756 2013-09-04, 01:37:34
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Random tinker Izumi 3 3,711 2012-04-09, 00:53:58
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  All random? Random Tanks? AeroniumX 2 3,749 2012-03-05, 12:12:42
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  RANDOM HOT KEY BENNIE.FM 6 5,199 2010-10-10, 13:53:48
Last Post: olivercamel