Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disable Early Leaver's Gold
Disable or reduce leaver's gold during the first 10 or 5min of the game.
Someone leaves and their team gets around 400-500g and an extra boost ~100g at the 5 Min mark. Now that extra 600g is difference between a tinker->Heli getting a second torp at 6min with no tank kills (leaver's gold) instead of the 10min mark with no tank kills. Or a level 6-7 Thunder Tank with two basic at the 7Min mark instead of the 10min.

Even with 3vs2 in mid. That heli with two torps and that thunder tank are still going to oneshot everyone.

Early leaver's gold also forces the other team to upgrade their tanks early. I.E. LIght hull instead of steel hull to counter getting oneshotted.

Often the team with leaver's gold can farm better, and often they force the other team to just cp camping which in turn makes their creep income less cause towers are getting the kills. But lets face it, even cp camping you're still not safe from two torps and a lvl 3 thunder strike.

It seems like the team with leaver's gold is in control the whole match just because of an early advantage.
I think it's widely agreed that the team with the leaver is at the disadvantage, even in mid just look at where the creeps are, next to the cp with 2 people rather than 3 people, the 2 people are playing defensively whichs means they are losing money. The income profincency or gold per sec for the leaver team has gone down as well. Ultimately the 3 in the middle lane are going to be at an advantage regardless, i mean just look at the available gold 9000 gold 3 players (3000x3) vs 7000 gold for the 2 players (3500x2). The real problem is the side lanes in which the players without the leavers are forced to play defensively

Quote:Early leaver's gold also forces the other team to upgrade their tanks early. I.E. LIght hull instead of steel hull to counter getting oneshotted.

This is only because on a 1v1 basis they have more spending money than you, it makes sense that you would have to buy early because they spent more on their tank than you did anyway.

Quote:Often the team with leaver's gold can farm better, and often they force the other team to just cp camping which in turn makes their creep income less cause towers are getting the kills. But lets face it, even cp camping you're still not safe from two torps and a lvl 3 thunder strike.

When the hell does this happen 9000 gold vs. 7000 gold the 2 players should almost ALWAYS be pushed back if the 3 can't push them then they are clearly doing something wrong.

Quote:It seems like the team with leaver's gold is in control the whole match just because of an early advantage.

Absurd this is only assuming you die a number of times simply because they have 500 extra gold, how about instead of going for kills you die less. With the new assist system Titanwars happens even sooner and by that time the team with the leaver is fucked completely. I've seen multible times a team of 5 with all facs dead kill a team of 4 after defending for over an hour.
Unified Doom I just don't agree with your "widely agreed" assessment. If I am 2v3 mid, then I know to quick get a farming/pushing item or skill to avoid losing creep kills mid. So for example I might get a multi-bow with the leaver gold, or level my AOE skill on light tank, copter, or antigrav. There are ways to keep from losing too many kills to towers. One thing I know for sure is that if my ally is any good, we will both get a tank upgrade by level 10, and we will both reach level 10 before our opponents. I dont care how good the 3 players are, they can't do much against two opponents with level 10 double nukes.

I agree that mid to late game, the 4 team has a disadvantage. But if the leaver leaves too early, the 4 team can get more than enough advantage early game to compensate. At least that's how it works in regular league games. Maybe in clan games with vent there is enough teamwork to override.. but in league, I would rather have someone on my team leave before tank picking than someone on the other team leave.

Cheers-
If we have to remove the early leaver gold, we must also remove the late game leaver gold. But that will just make the game much more unbalanced for late game leavers which in greater degree will make the team with the leaver lose.

Removing the early leaver gold and keeping the late game leaver gold is unacceptable.

---

Both options is unacceptable and any ideas to remove or reduce the early leaver gold is a bad idea unless you can suggest a better solution for us. We are aware that early game leavers gives the team more advantage.

Due to the assist system, a team with less players are at less advantage against a team with more players if they can teamwork well due to the way the support points bounty works, this system is actually somewhat punishing a team a bit with a leaver. But the team with less players can also benefit from this as well.

I don't see removing or reducing early leaver gold would help. More like a reversed long term solution is more helpful imo.

End of argument
SUGGESTION: Add modifier to leaver gold that includes game time. So if the IMBA is any leavers before 4 minutes, then maybe gold is modified like this:

Leaver_gold * (game_time_minutes/4 minutes)

I'm sure you can come up with a better ratio (I just randomly picked 4 minutes), but this shows that you can balance around a point in time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gold Hull->Power pack->new combo ??? RAF_Fenix 1 2,808 2014-03-21, 13:29:20
Last Post: Prog
  Force gold distribution ckibibi 2 3,600 2014-02-17, 18:12:58
Last Post: ckibibi
  remove leaver penalty & giveup / change kick back griffin1987 21 18,498 2014-01-24, 12:20:12
Last Post: Exodus
  Early Game Short Range UnifiedDoom 11 11,872 2013-02-21, 11:57:32
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
Exclamation ally gold FlashVanMaster 1 2,946 2012-10-18, 05:48:10
Last Post: BENNIE.FM