Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ghost tank ultimate
hi guys!

playing ghost tank i noticed the ultimate isn't very much fun. i like the idea of healing the creeps around you, but the problem is almost every t2 tank is able to counter a ghost tank protected by creeps.

zeppelin: first skill, ultimate
heavy tank: ultimate (and hes got the skill reducing creep damage)
shredder: he is able to throw knives around or something
goblin: ultimate, those goblins he sends out
thunder tank: just pick any skill.

so the ghost tank's ultimate is easy to counter. besides i think using the ghost tanks ultimate doenst really require skill, it's just auto cast.

my suggestion:
upon activation, the ghost tanks ultimate puts a shield on all creeps in an area of ~600. this shield lasts for ~2-3 seconds. the shield reduces magic damage taken by 99%.
so you would be able to save the creeps around you for 3 seconds from other tanks ultimates and weapons (your creeps still will be attacked by enemy weapons, but they wont take damage).
of course there is a need for a higher cooldown, maybe 60 seconds or something, i dunno.

what do you think of this? i think that would make the ghost tank more fun to play!

cya
I like the idea, mainly becouse the current ultimate is really kinda boring with autocast and there is not much potential of skill differences. I'm just not sure if it's too powerfull with 99% reduction.
actually its not only kind of boring but also very useless as creeps die too fast anyways ^^ most creep kills are onehit with skills so the heal is useless

on the other side i think "immune" creeps are a bit too imba for that matter ^^
Maybe it would be better to say they only receive like 33% of the magic damage.... or something like thatSmile
i like this idea. Think medivac ulti for creeps basically
is the skill you suggested a channeled one? as long as channeled the area of protection is active? or should the tank be still able to move, with the area moving along? this would be a main factor to decide how strong the reduction would be.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
You could also use the magic shield of the Trader. It blocks x damage and lasts max x seconds.
Maybe a maximum number of creeps should be added then.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
that's exactly why i wanted to know how the skill should work. ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I thought about something that works around the ghost tank and like 500 range where you still can move and creeps receive 33% damage from all sources for like (up to) 5 seconds .. maybe 6... see how it works
i think if the skill is a channeled one it's more a skill to defend, not to attack. i dont know what is the easiest way to realise.. maybe you can use the trader's skill, so it's less work.

suggestion:
upon activation, every creep in ~600 range gets such a shield for the next 4,5,6,7 seconds, absorbing 1000,1200,1400,1600 magical damage.

discuss :>
every creep is too strong ..
if we go that way i would say this:

upon activation up to 2,3,4,5,6 creeps get an energy shield which protects then from 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800 damage
this cant last longer than 20 seconds
recharge 40 ( maybe 30 :?)
mana costs: 15, 25, 35, 45, 55
Range: 500

how about that?
if the protection applied to 3,4,5,6,7 then I would be fine with that.

Remember, with the trader shield normal damage still applies- so this ulti wouldn't assist pushing vs base towers AT ALL anymore
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
eh?
Do you every thought about CP overtaking?
If the Ghost Tank gets a good spell for protecting his creeps, he would easily kill everything at a CP to conquer it.
I completly dislike your idea, but i agree that it needs some improvement.

What about an aura that give nearby creeps good spell resistance (to survive at least one ultimate) and regenerate X life per second?
T4M.Avatar Wrote:eh?
Do you every thought about CP overtaking?
If the Ghost Tank gets a good spell for protecting his creeps, he would easily kill everything at a CP to conquer it.
I completly dislike your idea, but i agree that it needs some improvement.

What about an aura that give nearby creeps good spell resistance (to survive at least one ultimate) and regenerate X life per second?

which would work the same way but permanent
for sure i (we) thought about cp overtaking BUT thats why i set the time limit to 2,3,4,... in the beginning 2 seconds isnt too much and in lategame when you reached lvl 22 others should have a strong tank which enough damage to onehit the creeps with any skill even through the shield.
You also could reduce the damage protection to 600, 900, 1200, 1500, 1800 and increase mana costs but that is what is called balancing ^^ you cant just say this is imba if you havent tested it ingame
air tank and sky tank can easily rain/burn the creeps away in 1 shot
hail from heavy tank is will rap your creeps and your tank in no time
thunder tank level 5 aura eats them like french fries
almost every other tank has a good skill to wipe out all the creeps in 1 shot, or close to 1 shot.

so the ultimate skill is pretty useless IMO, the healing rate needs to be like 100% for every 0.5 sec, to actually makes it useful, else any of those skills will leave you naked in no time.

as it stands currently, the only way to be useful is if your lane has at least 2 spawn factory + command center + creeps at level 10 on both armor and attack, otherwise you are wasting your time.

but at that time, most people have already upgraded to sky tank, hunter, or the few rich one already on frost, so... you get the point.
you have to see the point that creeps are just the way a ghost tank is supposed to be played with
and if this means a great advantage in cp then i can tell you there are a lot of things that you can do vs that
- get your own troop command
- player only weapons
- skills to damage/kill creeps
etc....

its not supposed to be like youre unstopable in cp capping
thats why the skill is just 2,3,4 seconds at the beginning and cp capture 10 seconds
and creeps dont get invulerable but just resistant
:D I like the idea.

Idea Imho it should be 3 to 6 sec at levels and 1000 to 2000 at absorb limit and applied to only self units (including troop command).

:?: Also grants ability to pass through units. (for duration or permanent?)
Trolololo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,279 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,365 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,812 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,270 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Buff Goblin Tank UnifiedDoom 19 14,367 2012-07-16, 15:06:23
Last Post: Teo_live