Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new creep
Ok,
can we make a new Creep in the Troop Command center that cost like 800 mana but with the ability of destroy mines that would make the troop command center more interesting even if the building is already usefull to finish the game.

kingnounours
Mine Searcher, sounds interesting, but i think it should be cheaper than your suggested 800 Mana, the TCC itself is relativ expensive and is rarely bought.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
also like the idea of a mine searcherSmile
A neat idea, i guess i'll give it a try!
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Actually the TCC could be improved anyway. Havent seen it around for agesBig Grin
eSVau Wrote:Mine Searcher, sounds interesting, but i think it should be cheaper than your suggested 800 Mana, the TCC itself is relativ expensive and is rarely bought.

even if it cost 2000 mana is not that bad, as long as it has enough HP to make it worth while

basically maybe a really heavy guy that goes and trigger all the mines along its path, so it needs enough HP to go far enough to set off all the mines
I like this idea tooSmile
What about to give that creep a spell like immolation which hits mines only in xxx range.
And yea, it shouldn't be too expensive. What about 350 Mana with HP of the Orc Gunner or just a bit more?

I guess there will be a problem with the path of this creep. If it runs in the same direction like all other creeps, it will miss a lot of mines.
For example: When the creep is spawned with the Troop Command Center, it switch to Dark/Light Force Controle. It will miss mines at CP's and maybe Trade Markets and that are famous positions for mines ...
Another idea I just got is this:
why making a creep for this, it could also be something dropped like a bomb and on striking the ground all mines near that point are just triggered.
This would work with the range of the ttc too as you cant trigger mines not in rangeSmile

khEg
khEg Wrote:Another idea I just got is this:
why making a creep for this, it could also be something dropped like a bomb and on striking the ground all mines near that point are just triggered.
This would work with the range of the ttc too as you cant trigger mines not in rangeSmile

khEg

i like this idea, the domino effect, as long as it is within a certain range from the previous mine that exploded
Battlemaniac Wrote:i like this idea, the domino effect, as long as it is within a certain range from the previous mine that exploded

Its not a real domino effect. Mines which are not in the range of the "thing" wont be triggered.
Maybe to make you understand:
When you throw a bomb with your ttc it is airdropped to an exact location.
Same should happen with such a mine defuser item. you set a specific point where it will be dropped and every mine in its range (lets say 300 or something) will be triggered.
so, when can we expect to see this new Mine Destroyer creep in the next map?

it is extremely boring playing games with mines, and nothing to defuse them early in games.

making this creep available, it will at least give us something to do.

specially good for people that loves to start as Tinker....
No, not in the next map.

And you can always evade mines by making them visible with a Detector or even a Radar.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
A remote fuse (and possibly a set of detectors if you need them) is more than enough to deal with an enemy miner. Grabbing 1250 might a nuisance to spend, but very manageable considering your enemy burned 2500 on mines.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
we all know about that, it's just the gold you have to spend on it that makes it annoying :p
every penny is precious in this game, any gold wasted to counter a miner is a waste of time

as they always try to lure you to follow them

makes games damn long, and simply boring

the typical combo is long range + mines (usually the mine tank or tinker) or goblin + mines, and put it all over the map specially chooking points

the cooldown of the remote defuser is annoying, takes too long, by the time it is down, the guy already place down 3 other mines

usually it's a stalemate game until people starts to leave after 2 hours of borendum
2 hour stalemate due to mines? That sounds like some people were too careless to spend 1250 (or 3250) to get rid of them.

For me, using a remote fuse to blow up mines in my enemy's face (or his teammates) is probably the most entertaining aspect of the game. I always get a kick when I get kills off of the items he purchased - especially when his teammates start yelling at him to sell the damn things. So what if you have to hold out on a Basic Magic or an Iron Hull - for 1,250 gold one of their teammate is rendered completely useless, it's an excellent deal and great fun when you see people avoid their own team's mines, especially when they can't enter a choke point in fear of being blown up. :lol:

The remote fuse can be used every 20 seconds. The mines have a 50 second cooldown... So I don't quite understand how he's able to throw down 3 mines for every time you can defuse a mine. At best he can throw down 15,000 gold of mines and a grab a Demolisher to throw down mines every ~12.5 seconds, but that's just a waste. If someone is defusing most of your mines for 1250 (or two players getting rid of them for 2500), you're better off spending your money elsewhere - like a Demon Tank or a Laser.

Mines are fine, maybe even underpowered - having a mine defusing unit is plain overkill. Just because some players are too lazy to change their strategy a bit doesn't make them overpowered.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
oh, it has nothing to do with overpower at all, just plain drag the game longer than it needs be having to undo or avoid all the mines.

fast action phased games are fun, "checker/chess" like strategies game, specially those defence type strategies are boring as hell, takes hours to play.

this is kind of why people like the HB games more than normal, most people including myself like fast fun action
What do you mean? I've never had a game take hours to play due to mines. Most of the game length problems came from turtling up, exploders end-game, and rebuilding towers to make the HQ invulnerable (which was removed). The only time I see mines being a problem is when a team is too stingy to take 1250 out of their pocket to end the game. Spend a couple minutes and you can clear an easy path the enemies base. Buy the defuser for 3250 and you can clear out the entire base of mines much more quickly.

I don't really see how it ruins the action of the game either. Countering mines early game forces me to alternate my hand from the number keys to my Q/W/E/R hotkeys more often - to place detectors, time the remote fuse correctly, and follow up with my damage/stun abilties. In addition to farming and killing tanks, you have to be mindful of your enemy's movements and mine placement. If anything you should have more things to do when you're fighting a miner.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
when mines become a problem, it is usually the base that has been mined so heavily, we have a conquest victory option already to deal with that situation.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Buying a remote fuse is already cheaper than the mines themselves. In addition, it's cooldown is 2.5 times shorter than the mines. All that's needed is a player who is willing to spend the 1250 to clear the mines. CV shouldn't be necessary, which is a good thing because I think most players prefer not to play CV. It diminishes the Btanks experience (Sieging and defense).
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
GooglyBoogly Wrote:when mines become a problem, it is usually the base that has been mined so heavily, we have a conquest victory option already to deal with that situation.

yup, been on a handful of games where -cv option would have been a good thing to end the stale mate we were locked in.

the base was so heavily mined, kept rebuilding towers, and factories, at one point they were getting fed better than the attacker because of all the creeps that kept on going to their base.

if we don't have a "creep defuser" unit implemented.

we should at least have an option to TURN OFF CREEPS by vote or something, so that those holding out inside the base with heavily fortified towers, will not grow insanely rich hiding inside their base

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kill the creep!!! UUuuraahh ooow.. ooow sound AeroniumX 2 3,188 2012-04-04, 12:19:03
Last Post: applecheese
  creep uprade RikonVan 7 5,215 2011-11-02, 20:35:33
Last Post: gozo1985
  Prevent creep blocking ssl 17 8,697 2010-11-24, 02:59:03
Last Post: 091846
  A General Creep for more gold and diversity Gammagulp 5 3,398 2009-07-23, 17:04:21
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  make creep upgrade a single purchase benben10 11 5,458 2009-01-09, 16:57:47
Last Post: ChronicStoned