Poll: i like HB because... (multiple answers possible)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
.. games are faster (are they?)
18.92%
14 18.92%
.. i can buy better weapons earlier (eveybody can, so where is the benefit?)
14.86%
11 14.86%
.. there is more gold in the game (isnt it better to have normal with EVERYTHING doubled then?)
12.16%
9 12.16%
.. other reason (pls post it)
14.86%
11 14.86%
.. i DONT like it!
39.19%
29 39.19%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you play High Bounty?
i dont think that we will completly remove hb from btanks without an altenative. that was only my personal opinionWink
No Support via PM!!
You all know that your talking about removing a free choice don't you? Nobody is forcing anyone into playing hb and if they wanna play it over normal i guess that their choice, i don't know what its like where you all live but around where i live people make there own choices.

Last night i played two normal games and one hb and the normal games lasted one+ hours but the hb only 30 min.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
you live in USA right? so you say you can do what you want? lolWink

nvm, hb & bt: the problem is, that there are more hb games outside then normal and then ppl are crying about imbaness of some strategies. also clans cant find new members because if someone is good in hb you cant say that hes good in normal mode too...
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:you live in USA right? so you say you can do what you want? lolWink

nvm, hb & bt: the problem is, that there are more hb games outside then normal and then ppl are crying about imbaness of some strategies. also clans cant find new members because if someone is good in hb you cant say that hes good in normal mode too...

Fist off i never was talking about what country i was in i live is a very "back woods town" only 300 people live here and if i wanna take my 12ga shotgun and shoot off 20 rounds in trees or the air guess what I CAN.

And in the whole recruting thing, that has to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard, just host a nomal game and thats it why do you join hb games to recrute??
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
So, played 10 HB Games and compared them with my normal games ( Pub Games | And yeah I played HB for this topic :cry: ). Actually HB games aren´t really faster than normal games. It tooks me in average 40 mins and for the normal pub games I need in average 30 mins.
It´s like every noob can be imba, but to dumb to end the game.... . So I think HB games aren´t really fast. It´s more the massive gold you get, what makes interest to play (my opinion). I also asked them, why they play HB and the answer: "It´s the pro mode";"Normal games are only for noobs and in hb u need more skill".

That´s all i can say atm to hb...
thx for thatSmile so as we can see... ppl think that hb is "pro mode"... thats really a problem imho.
No Support via PM!!
And that's why i'm remaking the game modes now.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
I'm not against complete removal of hb mode which was my idea from the very beginning, even if we could lose 75% of the players I don't care. IT'S WORTH IT!
psycho_dmr Wrote:so if we not remove HB mode and HB is to make games faster, then imho we have to add -cv mode to it, then games are definitely faster, because i think 15 min after all cps are captured the game is over. (and you cant camp in your own base then), THEN you have fast games for sure and the imbalances of HB arent such a big problem (ok then you still can buy troopcommand and get imba through creepfarming on sidelane, but hey, its only a funmode Oo)

You could, but part of the appeal to HB isn't just the fact the game is quicker, but also the fact that the progress of the game is also faster (you generally end the game with end-game equipment/tanks instead of ending with tier 2/3 tanks)...

psycho_dmr Wrote:
GooglyBoogly Wrote:
Quote:So why not fix these imbalances?
Because it is hb.
Balancing is not done for hb

thats not all, balancing is not just "not done for HB", it is impossible for HB. see, exo and bob have developed BT over more then 4 years(!), changing some minor things on creeps, tanks, weapons, gold and so on, then somebody has the so damn stupid idea to add a funmode with double income. so all balancing development over the last years dont work in this mode.

if we want to balance hb we have one simple possibility: double EVERY gold and manaamount in the WHOLE game, THEN, and only then, we have a balanced "high bounty" mode (same for weak creeps, there we have to cut down EVERY amount by X). BT is balanced in really small steps in the last years, if we want to balance hb we will have the above szenario, a normal mode where every amount is doubled.

atm like bennie said, the whole team just waits into the own base until the other team is right before it, then "farm" maybe 30mins and then rush over the enemies base... that really sucks.

Is it Impossible to balance the HB mode? No, not if the appropriate time was spent to balance its dynamics (as you said it took four years to slowly tweak Normal). Seeing as we know the most blatant problems with HB, it is possible to start fixing a few of the bigger problems, such as the turtle problem, by tweaking with the bounty system (specifically for HB) and the way troops spawn/upgrade... But the way I see things, your viewpoint agrees with TKF:
TKF Wrote:I'm not against complete removal of hb mode which was my idea from the very beginning, even if we could lose 75% of the players I don't care. IT'S WORTH IT!
Considering the current majority of the board has the mindset of fixing HB is "not worth it because I don't want to see time spent having the game going in that direction - even if the majority want it to go that way," there's really nothing left to be said. Part of me agrees, but it does mean a part of the community will drift away. Whether that means anything or if it's worth the time trying to balance IMBA-mode to keep them is Paladon's call.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
You do realise that IMBA is short for imbalance, right?
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:You do realise that IMBA is short for imbalance, right?

Yes, and I do realize HB in its current form is imbalanced.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
the complete devteam agrees with me there: we do not spend more time then needed in hb. so no balancing. reasons above (it would be normal with everything *2)
i think we're adding a new mode which contains hb and makes clear that it is an alternative (imba) mode which is only for fun games (even if i dont like the word "fun" in relation with hb)... lets wait for the next beta
No Support via PM!!
I have the best resolution xD agree with meSmile delete hb from btanks for good.

1st:anyone who plays old map good for them
how ever then we can play 8.66 with no hb less hb ~~noobs

2nd when new tanks come out and new items new adjustments to the game people will stop playing 8.65 with the current hb system and will have to turn to normal no hb !!!!!yes

COM ON DO THIS !!!!!
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
@BENNIE:
SCorpA1 Wrote:
GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Removing High Bounty is bad idea because players will simply use the older map to preserve the feature they love so much.
just add some tanks after removing hb. or something else
one day they will see all the new stuff and they dont like to play hb anymore
selfquote ftw!?!
Big Grin
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
never read anything aboveTongue just wanted to get my point outBig Grin
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
psycho_dmr Wrote:the complete devteam agrees with me there: we do not spend more time then needed in hb. so no balancing. reasons above (it would be normal with everything *2)
i think we're adding a new mode which contains hb and makes clear that it is an alternative (imba) mode which is only for fun games (even if i dont like the word "fun" in relation with hb)... lets wait for the next beta
selfquote ftwBig Grin
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:the complete devteam agrees with me there: we do not spend more time then needed in hb. so no balancing.

Fair enough.

BENNIE.FM Wrote:I have the best resolution xD agree with meSmile delete hb from btanks for good.

1st:anyone who plays old map good for them
how ever then we can play 8.66 with no hb less hb ~~noobs

2nd when new tanks come out and new items new adjustments to the game people will stop playing 8.65 with the current hb system and will have to turn to normal no hb !!!!!yes

COM ON DO THIS !!!!!

F THAT! We need HB for 30,000 TInker HB +Fog +Conquest +Share +Weapons Only +No Upgrade +No Exploder Combo - cause everyone knows that's the true pro-mode.

Seriously though, I don't see the reason to get all trollish about... most half-decent players know HB is a fun mode that usually doesn't take as long to get through a full game... Maybe things have changed a bit (especially with the HQ being pushed up further), but from what I remember a lot of the old normal private games I used to play went over 1:30 in game time. When we initially started HB just to get rid of the monotony of things, games seldom went over an hour. So meh, so long it exists people will still play it from time to time for it's faster pace. Why cut that option?
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
because you're wrong. ppl dont play it "from time to time" to get a faster game, most ppl play it only and they really think, that its the "normal" or "pro" mode..

and btw IlPalazzo: if you think that normal games are too long, then go into this f* forum and post it! we're trying to get normal games shorter since about a year or so - we need feedback from the community depending gamelength and why they think games are so long.. imho your right in this point, a normal game shouldnt be longer then 45min. and if it is longer, its getting imba in most poblic games, because the attackers just die too often and feeding the defenders. (thats why i want to have a "earned bounty" statistic into the map for every player. kills doesnt say anything here)
No Support via PM!!
If we remove hb, people might still play 5k. It does give an unfair advantage to the players over creeps, which are balanced for 3k starts. Is the starting gold also contributing to the imbalance? I don't think so but it could be a possibility.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
psycho_dmr Wrote:because you're wrong. ppl dont play it "from time to time" to get a faster game, most ppl play it only and they really think, that its the "normal" or "pro" mode..

True enough, but that's how it started. We would get out of a 1:30 game or three and say "Ugh... Let's just play something quick." And there HB was... I guess the way we used it to get fast pub-games in made it more mainstream on USEast.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,258 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Bounty Formula AoKiji 1 2,496 2011-03-24, 14:19:27
Last Post: Exodus
  Why do you play HB?! Dr.McNinja 16 7,688 2009-07-26, 09:51:15
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  High Bounty & 1300 Range Weapons xenocide85 6 4,038 2008-07-23, 22:12:08
Last Post: Gammagulp