Poll: i like HB because... (multiple answers possible)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
.. games are faster (are they?)
18.92%
14 18.92%
.. i can buy better weapons earlier (eveybody can, so where is the benefit?)
14.86%
11 14.86%
.. there is more gold in the game (isnt it better to have normal with EVERYTHING doubled then?)
12.16%
9 12.16%
.. other reason (pls post it)
14.86%
11 14.86%
.. i DONT like it!
39.19%
29 39.19%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you play High Bounty?
i think that:

1. the importance of farming and upgrading is more noticable for noobs in hb.

2. gold and power gaps can become much more pronounced and occur much quicker in hb.

3. the choice whether to focus on defending or attacking is easier to make when such gaps occur.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Althend Wrote:
SCorpA1 Wrote:
GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Removing High Bounty is bad idea because players will simply use the older map to preserve the feature they love so much.
just add some tanks after removing hb. or something else
one day they will see all the new stuff and they dont like to play hb anymore

True.

I hope you are right. I hope our honorable development team does lead some change with new and exciting tanks. Change is good.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
there will be new tanks (atm 2 are planned) and the new league system which will be enough reasons to host the new versions.
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:there will be new tanks (atm 2 are planned) and the new league system which will be enough reasons to host the new versions.

New tanks would be great and will probably help to get people to play the new versions but almost everyone in public games like HB. Also much ppl don't use league so they probably wont care of any league systems. I like both normal and 5k HB mode but the truth is I played normal almost all the time before and now I only play 5k HB due that everyone is just picking it.

Althend Wrote:
SCorpA1 Wrote:
GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Removing High Bounty is bad idea because players will simply use the older map to preserve the feature they love so much.
just add some tanks after removing hb. or something else
one day they will see all the new stuff and they dont like to play hb anymore

True.

And how long would that take... True that people would like to play with new tanks and stuff but if much will still play the older version it will be bad if some play new ver, some play old ver.

Now a good question: what is more important to save? To save BT from imba mode or to save the most popular mode.
I do not support this change.
Popular Mode? But where are the Players of the Popular Mode?

I dont see them in this Forum or in B-net.
When u want to play BT come Channel Clan BuG or Clan BuG2Smile We are waiting for good games !

Moreover visit us on http://www.clanbug.kilu.deSmile

[Image: paint1bw2.jpg]
Well yeah palyers in forum says that HB is crap. And if I go to a game I only see players voting for 5k HB. I don't see anyone who tells me that 3k is popular. And since I see really much people playing bot games and they like 5k HB that makes me think HB is really important.
Frechheit Wrote:Popular Mode? But where are the Players of the Popular Mode?

I dont see them in this Forum or in B-net.

Check Azeroth, 5k HB is pretty much all you'll see - both Annabot and BTOW 5k/HB servers fill up very quickly compared to their BuG Pro/Normal counterparts in Northrend.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Should the devteam support players who don't like enough bt to check forum or other who have been there since a long time and support the map?

It is impossible to satisfy all players since everyone has different taste. the problem is that one behaviour is against the balance of the map, then it is quit normal we should try to fix it.
Leaving some imbalance to satisfy a majority is someway similar to corruptionBig Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:Should the devteam support players who don't like enough bt to check forum or other who have been there since a long time and support the map?

It is impossible to satisfy all players since everyone has different taste. the problem is that one behaviour is against the balance of the map, then it is quit normal we should try to fix it.
Leaving some imbalance to satisfy a majority is someway similar to corruptionBig Grin

Of course its impossible to satisfy all players. But why not to satisfy majority? Have HB corrupted BT? I see that this game is running in good health. Haven't you think that removing HB wont be a risk due so many likes HB?
Doomhammer112 Wrote:Of course its impossible to satisfy all players. But why not to satisfy majority? Have HB corrupted BT? I see that this game is running in good health. Haven't you think that removing HB wont be a risk due so many likes HB?

TKF Wrote:I'm not against complete removal of hb mode which was my idea from the very beginning, even if we could lose 75% of the players I don't care. IT'S WORTH IT!

It's been thought-out of before. Most people here, including the DevTeam, agree with TFK's statement... Whether you agree with it or not isn't really for the rest of us to argue with because they've already made their decision... Just have to deal with it or jump ship.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
yes hb have corrupted bt. yes removing hb from bt will stop ppl playing it maybe, yes there are many ppl who like hb outside.

but, hb is imba. hb is imba. hb is imba.Wink and hb cant be the solution if something in normal mode goes wrong. if ppl dont like normal bt, why do they play it then?! if ppl want something changed in normal mode, they should come into this forum and post what should be changed.
we know that the gamelength is a problem somethimes and we always try to make btgames shorter. but we need the help of the cummunity to get that and to see why games are too long and what we can change to make them shorter.

its quiet simple: we want that all player pla the same bt-mode, and this should not be hb.
No Support via PM!!
If we would lose 75 % of the players this game would be dead. If the games wont fill anymore then noone (including the 25 % of players) wont be able to play the game so well. Also if BT wont get enough new players then it would just bleed out. I do not think this is worth it but due this decision has been made we need to see how it works out.
I do not think that BT would lose the majority of the players amount but that still wont make me think that it is worth it.
psycho_dmr Wrote:yes hb have corrupted bt. yes removing hb from bt will stop ppl playing it maybe, yes there are many ppl who like hb outside.

but, hb is imba. hb is imba. hb is imba.Wink and hb cant be the solution if something in normal mode goes wrong. if ppl dont like normal bt, why do they play it then?! if ppl want something changed in normal mode, they should come into this forum and post what should be changed.
we know that the gamelength is a problem somethimes and we always try to make btgames shorter. but we need the help of the cummunity to get that and to see why games are too long and what we can change to make them shorter.

its quiet simple: we want that all player pla the same bt-mode, and this should not be hb.

First much people like normal mode, but it wont mean that the majority likes. Secondly much ppl just don't even bother to come into this forum. And even if they will come nothing will make it as good as it was with 5k HB for them. Also if I play every game with 5k HB how my avg. game lengh is 55 minutes? Or even below that? Mostly I play 40 - 50 minutes. Sometimes it goes a bit over a hour. And lastly wont it be a bit boring if there is only one mode what people choose? Why would you want that everybody plays the same mode? I just can't see the reason...
because everything n bt is balanced to fit normal mode. all other modes where meant to be funmode which you can play a few times between other normal games, but hb broke out of this.

and, at least, because we cant release a league system which covers hb & normal mode and we dont want to start 2 seperate leagues.

i've said it a few times yet: if you tell us what you like in HB; we try to omplement it into the normal mode.

currenty i know these reasons for hb:
- its short (sometimes)
- it has more "action" (i dont see that, but ok)
- it benefits imba tactics which normally fails (mass longrange weapons with a really weak heli for example)

if we not remove hb, in a few month some ppl will discover really imba tactics and everybody cries we should remove this and that from the map or make this and that stronger/weaker for hb - but everything would be fine if ppl would play normal. so we cut here and remove hb now. thats all. many ppl will hate us for that, maybe stop playing bt, but at all this is the only way to prevent a cutted community & the dead of BT. (imho)
No Support via PM!!
Doomhammer112 Wrote:
psycho_dmr Wrote:yes hb have corrupted bt. yes removing hb from bt will stop ppl playing it maybe, yes there are many ppl who like hb outside.

First much people like normal mode, but it wont mean that the majority likes. Secondly much ppl just don't even bother to come into this forum. And even if they will come nothing will make it as good as it was with 5k HB for them. Also if I play every game with 5k HB how my avg. game lengh is 55 minutes? Or even below that? Mostly I play 40 - 50 minutes. Sometimes it goes a bit over a hour. And lastly wont it be a bit boring if there is only one mode what people choose? Why would you want that everybody plays the same mode? I just can't see the reason...

Sorry, but hb is not the only other mode next to "normal".
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Paladon Wrote:
Doomhammer112 Wrote:

Sorry, but hb is not the only other mode next to "normal".

You are currect, but I should say that:
-Trader mode is almost the same as normal. In many normal games people do not always take it anyway.
-Rush is a really fast mode what can end like in 15 mins. In public games really much people do not play well with it and the mode will be really boring.
-Ultra rush (30k and level 20) is also similar to rush mode.

5k HB was the only well-playeble mode after normal mode. I actually used to like rush mode, but since so much play it so awfully I cannot really enjoy playing it.
If more ppl like HB, there must be a reason. The first 30min of normal games is really boring. But u wont feel boring for HB games any time. That's the reason,so simple.
mooneye we know that this is the reason why hb is farvored. but bt is balanced to be played in normal mode. if you dont like normal mode, then dont play bt. or try to help that normal mode get better.

Doomhammer & mooneye: if you really want a fast/action game, then try -cv and rush for cps, either you'll win very fast or you'll get a nice cp-fight.

ah, and normal isnt boring, you just have to be more defensive then in hbWink rule #1 in bt(normal): don't die.
No Support via PM!!
psycho_dmr Wrote:mooneye we know that this is the reason why hb is farvored. but bt is balanced to be played in normal mode. if you dont like normal mode, then dont play bt. or try to help that normal mode get better.

Doomhammer & mooneye: if you really want a fast/action game, then try -cv and rush for cps, either you'll win very fast or you'll get a nice cp-fight.

You're mixing up "fast" game with "full" game. HB players aren't merely looking to finish a game in 30 minutes. If that were the case, they would be hosting 30k Tinker +Weapons Only +Fog +Share Gold +Weak Creeps, as those games tend to end within 10 minutes... They play HB games because it tends to progress from the starting tiers (Light Tank/Helicopter) to the end-game tiers (Sky Fortress/Titan). You seldom see anything past a Frost Bot or Demon Tank in a normal game, and if it's a "quick" normal game, you'll rarely see anything past a Goblin Tank or Heavy Tank.

Suggesting certain things be implemented into normal mode to make normal "better" likely won't work (or would need some heavy compromise). Players who like normal probably like the game pace where it is now. Players who like HB will keep poking at it to be faster because normal feels to slow to them.

psycho_dmr Wrote:ah, and normal isnt boring, you just have to be more defensive then in hbWink rule #1 in bt(normal): don't die.
That's the #1 rule in all BT games...
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
I'm sick of all this claiming that stuff is imba

The team with more players won because they were imba
The team with less players won because they were imba

that short-range tactic is imba
that long-range tactic is imba

sitting around at your control point is cheap

HB is not that imbalanced.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post