Poll: i like HB because... (multiple answers possible)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
.. games are faster (are they?)
18.92%
14 18.92%
.. i can buy better weapons earlier (eveybody can, so where is the benefit?)
14.86%
11 14.86%
.. there is more gold in the game (isnt it better to have normal with EVERYTHING doubled then?)
12.16%
9 12.16%
.. other reason (pls post it)
14.86%
11 14.86%
.. i DONT like it!
39.19%
29 39.19%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you play High Bounty?
The team with more players won because they ... could use their advantage in teamplay
The team with less players won because they ... gained more income and got leavergold
that short-range tactic is imba ... but can easily be outrun ( long range ) or by summoning troops
that long-range tactic is imba ... but can easily missfire when ur enemy is in close. troops my help to, at the right moment
sitting around at your control point is cheap ... yes, but teamplay may still give you an advantage
HB is not that imbalanced. how come? one player suceeding whole team by simply having 3 more kills is not imba? <- just an example
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Saiyuki Wrote:The team with more players won because they ... could use their advantage in teamplay
The team with less players won because they ... gained more income and got leavergold
that short-range tactic is imba ... but can easily be outrun ( long range ) or by summoning troops
that long-range tactic is imba ... but can easily missfire when ur enemy is in close. troops my help to, at the right moment
sitting around at your control point is cheap ... yes, but teamplay may still give you an advantage
HB is not that imbalanced. how come? one player suceeding whole team by simply having 3 more kills is not imba? <- just an example

i agree except for the last command.

first LEARN NOT TO FEED. thats a skill nothing to to with imba. Everyone start with 5k, no one can get a better weapon and tank
second in HB clan game where skill lv is equal 3 kills means nothing. teamwork can easily overcome that (ive seen a player with record 20-6 or something lose in a CLAN game)
third if u have a feeder, thats unfortune. in normal if u have feeder u will still lose eventually, just the matter of time
afaik there are no hb clan matches - otherwise tell us some clan names and their significanceTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
its inclan game--- i wouldnt say they are best players but they are equally skilled thats y they are in a clan. they also developed some mean teamwok ^^
they also make sure that the teams are as balnance as possible so game wouldnt be one-sided.
44% like HB
56% dont like HB

so arround half of the Players like HB and the other half dont like.

Why remove than HB ?

I think there are more who dont like trader than the ones dont like HBSmile
Lavias Wrote:44% like HB
56% dont like HB
to be exact, you can select 4 parts to the vote. so you woul need to multiply the "i don't like it" part by 1-4, too, for it to be in the same relation. thus: 18 for hb : 23 ( up to 92 ) against hb
otherwise take the average of the "like" fraction and you'll have: 5 ( for hb, 18% ) : 23 ( against hb, 82% )

about trader: i pretty much like it, but it can hugely power up your team if played well. ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Its just the 4 Answers ere
I like HB couse ... (insert something)
and the 5th Answer ist
I dont like HB

You could also divide the 5th Answer in:
I dont like HB couse ...
Feeder are to heavy wighted
Long Range is to strong
Its to offensive
other (please Post)

And still you can add all pro-HB and all contra-HB

BTW i Love playing traderWink but there a lot who cant handle it ... just like exploder and also HB ... there also a lot who dont like Rush or U-rush ... i like it to play diffrent settings so it dont become boring (i also like normalWink )

An objectiv Voting would have 2 choices :
I like HB!
i dont like HB!
Lavias Wrote:44% like HB
56% dont like HB

so arround half of the Players like HB and the other half dont like.

Why remove than HB ?

I think there are more who dont like trader than the ones dont like HBSmile

this vote was never ment to see who like and who dont like hb, it just was a try to find you WHY ppl play hb.
No Support via PM!!
We went over and over the reasons why we're removing it, i will not explain it again since there are a couple of explaining, yet active threads about it.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
This forum is biased against hb anyway.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
Lezowski Wrote:This forum is biased against hb anyway.

Agreed.
Lezowski Wrote:This forum is biased against hb anyway.

Maybe it's not because the majority likes HB as suggested otherwise, but rather dislikes HBTongue
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:Maybe it's not because the majority likes HB as suggested otherwise, but rather dislikes HBTongue

I doubt it, most of the regulars here are players who have played Btanks for a year or longer and represent a very minute of of people who play Btanks... But I guess the only way we can tell for sure is through the bot data.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Because I have to. 1/3 of people whine and cry if they don't get it so then people have to host it to get people to come. Then 1 noob feeds 5 deaths and the game's already over. No hope. gg. It only takes 1, and there almost always is one. Most games involve a struggle to kick him before all hope is lost.

hb is so people can nurse their poor self esteem by utterly dominating someone else with no need for strategy or anything... unless they're on the receiving end. No joke, after 5-10 feeds you can just walk about to a factory and cap it, and if someone teleports in that's another free kill. That's why they demand it so much, b/c they like how quickly they can win w/o doing anything except finding and hunting the noob. They don't like a struggle where it could go either way and they have to think. Then they whine if they can't get their way on this. Except it sucks when they're on the receiving end, and then you get a lot of leavers. Probably the same people, but who knows.

I agree with the basic reason for removing it. It makes btanks purely a matter of who has the feeder, which both discourages new players and makes games dull and one sided. New players don't want to come and old players get tired of it and don't want to play as much. This sort of thing kills the game.
I am against HB!
ericgrau Wrote:hb is so people can nurse their poor self esteem by utterly dominating someone else with no need for strategy or anything... unless they're on the receiving end. No joke, after 5-10 feeds you can just walk about to a factory and cap it, and if someone teleports in that's another free kill. That's why they demand it so much, b/c they like how quickly they can win w/o doing anything except finding and hunting the noob. They don't like a struggle where it could go either way and they have to think. Then they whine if they can't get their way on this. Except it sucks when they're on the receiving end, and then you get a lot of leavers. Probably the same people, but who knows.

I agree with the basic reason for removing it. It makes btanks purely a matter of who has the feeder, which both discourages new players and makes games dull and one sided. New players don't want to come and old players get tired of it and don't want to play as much. This sort of thing kills the game.

Yes, clearly me and a lot of other players who enjoy playing an HB game from time to time are fighting chronic depression and need to feel good about ourselves by killing noobz in HB. :roll: ...

As for the game play aspects:
1. Teamwork goes a long way in killing people that are ahead. Have you ever considered working with your team to kill off a fed player?
2. Turnaround happen just as much as they do in normal... What games are you playing?
3. Any games with newer players will tend to have leavers. Normal had them too back in the day when it was more mainsteam (and still has them to an extent).
4. The idea that "new players don't want to come and old player get tired of it" contradict the fact that a good deal of the older players have moved FROM normal TO high bounty and the fact that new players (noobs, or whatever you call'm) have given HB enough steam to be as popular (more popular?) than normal.
See http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2730
5. Did you ever consider that HB feeders have two effective fallback strategies? The trader (for a team on the offensive) and the exploder (for a team in the mid-game or defending) are generally allowed in HB games and much more balanced in game than their normal counterparts (Chasing a trader is easier in HB and buying TP breakers are more cost effective).
6. If you think HB has no strategy or anything to it, try being "on the receiving end." Have you ever tried fighting tanks that are 500-1000 bounty above yours? ... Don't tell me you quit before this point. :wink:
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
I'm one of those people that has played this map for a very long time, hard to remember since when tbh, and never went to forums about it. Anyways I've played tft before wow great fan of linewars and after wow came out I always played that and ocasionally went and stil go back to Tft because of a btank addiction I still play both cause the map is great! Yet I'm also new to this forum because the map always seemed fine sorta and I never needed a place to QQ about anything... you know there's always new ways to play or tactics to change if people try and use "one" winning strat imo, but the anouncement of removing hb inspired me to check it out, yes I specially registered for this! lol

Now there's a couple reasons why I now play HB and actually dont mind it that much, let me sum them up...
1. Its not entirely faster but it feels faster since you have the chance to start from copter to heavy to frost to titan with imba guns, so OVERALL the "game experience" is faster because you play every "stage" of it in a shorter or same amount of time.
2. There's many things you can buy lots of tanks weapons etc etc. its fun to actually acquire those in a game (not necessarily every game but "often" is nice).
3. After playing 1.45 hours or longer in a normal mode and finally have saved for that great infernal with a frost or whichever, it sucks balls to start out with that helicopter that has to run off asap when a big group of creeps come's up. Ofcourse for this Liga game's were invented so your hard earned progress (read: win) wouldn't be lost.
4. If in HB you accidentally buy something wrong you can, if you play a least a little smart, fix that with some creep farming, or good play, in normal the gold come's in so slow which make's a mistake way less forgiveable, o and it don't always have to be mistakes factors ingame can change so that some things are not "that" usefull anymore like lets say a hero only gun when suddenly 2-3 people from the other team dc', esspecially interesting to new players imo.
5. And the current new reason is that most of the time (pretty much always) normal game's don't fill up on live b-net, at least not anymore, but I guess thats why hb is an issue atm.

There's more I think, but its late for me atm 2'o and this is what I can think about for now. Overall I don't think removing HB will be a good choice. Its just somewhat of a fact that people play this game to relax and logging in playing a game that feels like an entire game in 1hour or so is exactly what that does, and yeah I know (and know the difference) cause I've experienced all stage's from playing this "hardcore" to a casual gamer to none for a while and back to "hardcore" again etc. it just depended on how quickly wow burned me out again... and well that grindfest can do that quite fast!Tongue

p.s. its a long story but I guess people asked for it: Why do you play High Bounty? Well!!! leme tell you blabla long post crits you for over NINETHOUSAND! Sorry!Wink
I have never seen a map maker want to alienate 50 - 75% of the users who play it...makes no sense to me. I dont see the big deal t leave it in..Next remove tinker? exploder? trader?
Why cant people wait the alternative before firing in the hole?
Don't you hope another mod that keep dynamic of hb and is balanced?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:Why cant people wait the alternative before firing in the hole?
Don't you hope another mod that keep dynamic of hb and is balanced?

Most people popping in to give their two cents don't know there is an alternative being planned. With all due respect, Annabot doesn't mention any alternative being made, what it says is more along the lines of "Go to Btanks.net to save HB 5k." It says nothing about giving suggestions to improve normal or help create a new accelerated mode. Also, Psycho's initial post: http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2730 only makes a very brief statement of it, which is overshadowed by the title "Why High Bounty will be removed." Players who skim through the threads are lead to believe the mapmakers are simply removing the game and leaving it at that.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
I like it because it is faster. What I don't like about it is that if someone leaves, the game gets so unbalanced. A fix would be replacing leavers with bots automatically and not having admins have to do it (don't know how it;s done but I've seen it done on a bot game before). If you have issues with balance that's fine, but people should still have the option to play it HB. If so many people don't want HB, they can get a bot up and running themselves, but so far, the most popular bot I see on the US West Coast is Anna and all of Anna's 7 games are always 5k HB and they fill up in minutes when other bots take sometimes over a half hour to fill up.

Also, instead of eliminating HB to make an alternative, why can't you just add on the alternative without eliminating HB? Worried about the map being an extra MB in size? So what? There are way bigger maps out there that people play a bunch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new bounty and spree system Wupti 15 14,261 2014-06-12, 05:45:00
Last Post: GodStrongArms
  Bounty Formula AoKiji 1 2,497 2011-03-24, 14:19:27
Last Post: Exodus
  Why do you play HB?! Dr.McNinja 16 7,691 2009-07-26, 09:51:15
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  High Bounty & 1300 Range Weapons xenocide85 6 4,040 2008-07-23, 22:12:08
Last Post: Gammagulp
  I <3 High Bounty kittyonmyfoot 1 1,463 2008-06-20, 05:10:37
Last Post: kittyonmyfoot