Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weapons combination
Some basic weapons are awesome,but have to sell them cause of low dmg. I suggest 3 basic magic, fireball,electric canon could be combined into 1, which will be less dmg of the sum,e.g 75% of the sum dmg of the three items. Thus it is better than selling them for 50% refund. The combination cost could be 500.
Sounds good, i always hate selling guns just to get a bit more damage.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Combinations of lower weapons should also make stronger ones imo that already exist. So 5 basic magic and upgrade becomes fear magic for instance (same range and damage per hit, lower cd). This though can change the dynamics of the game considerrably (some weapons never get used because there isn't an upgrade for them) and would mean that battletanks is becoming more like battleships and dota as in very recipe orientated.

I welcome the suggestion but I think it requires alot of thought and will take some time(there are alot of weapons and alot of possible combinations too) as most low weapons will need to have some possibly combination, else people may stop using them.

A few new weapons will be added to the game soon enough by our new awesome mappers. We can make these weapons recipe weapons (go into recipe shop).

I hope we will see some weapons which are recipe created in battletanks in the future.
I like the idea but support the argument concerning the recipe-orientated gameplay. Finding a solution for this matter, which is adequate, would allow us to implent such a feature.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Combining some weapons and not combining others will make some weapons prior to others. Either all weapons can be combined or none.
All cheap weapons can be combined into pack. Which are less than 3k gold (with upgrade). All recipes can be around 5k-6k item builds.
Ex:
Basic magic pack: 4x Upgraded Basic Magic + recipe > Quad firing Basic Magic
2x Upgraded Basic Cannon + recipe > Dual fire Basic Cannon
etc etc
ofc they can be tweaked other ways. Same damage 2x fire rate, or same fire rate and 3x damage etc..
As all other recipes, they wil cost 10% of item cost. Or maybe 15% for weapons are more important than other items..
Trolololo
Keep in mind that we had such a recipe system once and no one else played different weapons any more. It's quite bad for strategic diversity.
We did? Was it in the last 4 years coz i cant remember it at allTongue
At least I think we had one for a very short time, but i can't verify it as a lot of the older versions can't be played any more, but maybe I've mixed it up with some bt mod.
I'd definitely like to avoid these "double" or "triple" weapons.
I agree that people tend to less weapon diversity if we introduce weapon recipes (again).

Maybe there are other possibilities to get (new) weapons?
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
implement it as a skill or something that the player have to learn it before he can combine weapons (or buy, maybe like tech requirements?)
No Support via PM!!
seems like it would be a lot of work, for not a lot of payoff. Besides you are supposed to have your sold weapons get bought by an ally for a 25% discount (one who has the spare slots, ofc)
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:seems like it would be a lot of work, for not a lot of payoff. Besides you are supposed to have your sold weapons get bought by an ally for a 25% discount (one who has the spare slots, ofc)

Who in there right mind would by my basic magic after 15 min in the junk yard for the 25% bonus?
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
i'm against it.

-no or less diversity
- quad basic magic would make all 4 basic magics fire at the same time and i would not be able to avoid that (okay thats a personal reason)

not sure, but the map size would have an additional increase because of all the new icons and stuff (i don't have any idea, i just guess).

if you make double, tripple, ... weapons than make this possible for all weapons.
if i had the choice between double(...) weapons and weapon combinations i'd prefer the combinations, that would add more variety.
Im against this suggestion too:

These changes would be unnecessary because we already have a huge variety of weapons and contrariwise the diversity would decrease because i highly believe that most players will start massing cheap weapons and stop buying new different ones,
greetz Schlump

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,425 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Weapons can hit wards Perfektionist 3 4,110 2013-05-13, 03:47:14
Last Post: gozo1985
  Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons Vitriol 11 11,522 2013-04-25, 18:47:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Weapons BENNIE.FM 1 2,321 2012-10-17, 10:36:06
Last Post: eSVau
  New items/weapons Teo_live 26 22,142 2012-08-27, 22:09:20
Last Post: Wupti