Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: New Tanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Due to the new multi-paged shop system which will be introduced with 8.65, we will be able to raise the amount of available tanks.
I already created a huge list of possible models and partial concepts, i will present these later when i got some more time and released 8.65.

However, do you have suggestions for new tanks, can you provide models you'd recommend to use or do you have original ability ideas?
Post it hereWink
Here are some old ideas of interesting new tanks:

Hydro tank

Quanta tank

Meepo tank
Well Titan, Hunter and Sky Fort was eventually added. Those tanks ideas was born and spawned from here http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=341

Well I haven't found any very interesting models lately.

If you're looking for fitting models, this was the most fitting I found for the moment: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/model...0Frank&t=1

I liked the M3 A1 'Kodiak' Super Heavy Tank
You were speaking of differentiating robots and tanks at some future point.

So are you looking for more robot (humanoid)models, or more tank (vehicular) models?
Well at the moment there are no tanks that cost 6,000 or 7,000 gold. The tank cost list is like this (from tinker on) 0, 400, 500, 800, 1000, 1400, 1500, 1900, 3000, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6500, 7500, 8000, 9000, 10000, 13000, 16000, 18000, and 25000.

As you can see there are gaps at 1900-3000, also at 5500-6500-7500. Also i think that infernal is not as powerful as fortress as it is now, i would never buy inf over fort, maybe make both cost the same or bring them both to 17000?

I am not sure if your wanting any good tank idea or a tank that fits a price range?? If any price range is ok then i would think maybe a new tank that costs 2250, 6000, 7000, or 14500, i have no idea what model to use or skills it would have, all i know is the only real gaps that you can fill with that farmed gold.Smile
You know I thought of a tank that would be a late game ground support tank.

Name: Battle Station
Cost: 14500
Hit points: 16500
Armor: 15
Speed: 275
First skill: A.Tpb. (Short for Advanced teleport breaker) It would work just like a normal breaker but it would have a radar build in.
Level 1: 1000 range tpb, 800 radar.
Level 2: 1100, 900
Level 3: 1200, 1000
Level 4: 1300, 1100
Level 5: 1400, 1200

Second skill: Double cannon, (this will be the standard tank cannon) fires two normal cannon balls at the same time, but do to its high damage it has a long cd
Range: 950
Cool down 2.0 sec
LVL-DMG
1-200
2-400
3-500
4-600
5-700

Third skill: Mine field, it would be an aoe skill with a long cd around 2 min that sets mines all around the tank, also all mines do 1000 damage.
LVL-Mines
1-4
2-8
3-12
4-16
5-20

Fourth skill: Self destruct, what this would do is if you hit self destruct your tank will freeze for 5 sec and then explode keeping the enemy from getting any bounty, but the down side of this is if you hit self destruct you will freeze and if the enemy kills you before 5 sec is up it will be aborted, also it will cause damage in a 600 range.

LVL-DMG-CD
1-300-1:00
2-600-55
3-900-50
4-1200-45
5-1500-40

And Ultimate skill: Battle Stations, it will be like a portable barricade, it would be an aura that speeds up everyone close to it and slow down or speed up capture speed on cps by 50%. Also tank speed boost range would be 1000.
LVL-Tank speed boost%
1-3%
2-6%
3-9%
4-12%
5-15%

If you think it is a good idea but dont like something about it please leave an idea of your ownSmile .
I'd love to make some models for new tank ideas, but I am unfamiliar with the WC3 editor. Do you know of any tutorials that clearly show how to get an animated (and rigged) model from Maya into WC3?
Tom-Ace Wrote:As you can see there are gaps at 1900-3000

because it doesnt make sense to buy a new tank in the beginning after you just bought a tank which cost 1000 gold less. salso as a start tank 2000gold is maximum because there are no weapons to buy. to create cheaper weapons is not wise because of low firepower
[Image: ScorpionTank.jpg]

-Scorpion Tank-

Made of strong metal, the Scorpion relies on speed and fast hit and run attacks. Especially good at hunting down fleeing enemies.

Cost: 8000
Hit Points: 8000
Speed: Very Fast

Abilities:

[Q] Fireball (Active)
Fires a large ball of fire from it's stinger at the enemy causing area damage. Upgrades increase the damage/magnitude of the strike.

[W] Cripple (Active)
Uses it's pincers to cripple enemy ground tanks, damaging, stunning and slowing them for a while.

[E] Venomfire (Active)
Stabs enemies with it's stinger causing damage over time. Melee for ground tanks, short range stream for air.

[R] Overdrive Jump (Active/Passive)
The Scorpion Tank forces it's systems to produce an overdrive jump(read teleport) over a distance. On landing the scorpion is stunned for x seconds, but afterwards gains an immense speed boost for y seconds (where y=x*15).

I didn't put in any numbers, have no idea how to balance so I'll leave it to the mappers if this can be implemented :wink:
Cool, the scorpion tank model have burrow animation, which really should be one of it's abilties. This looks kinda familiar.

Moving while underground could be a cool feature.

Scorpion could fill in as a 3500-4000 gold tank or 7000-9000 perhaps.
Well, i am looking for both robots and vehicles, preferably the second option.
The Mech Scorpion is a great concept.
Tom-Ace is correct with the cost gasps which would be filled preferably, maybe we can introduce extreme low cost weapons as well.
Paladon Wrote:Well, i am looking for both robots and vehicles, preferably the second option.
The Mech Scorpion is a great concept.
Tom-Ace is correct with the cost gasps which would be filled preferably, maybe we can introduce extreme low cost weapons as well.
Problem is that if you sell a weapon which cost less than 1000, no one else can buy it from the junkyard.

I like the scorpion model idea.

Well here's my pathetic idea. It's a robot. (It's called Judicator in my BT mod, therefore I'm suggesting some of the similar abilities)

It's a ingame model.

Dominator (20000?)

HP: 20000?
Price: 20000?
Armor: 20?
Speed: 265?

Crushing Smash (Q)

Punches extremly hard, so hard that the enemy tanks flies backwards after being punched. Can also hit air tanks due the to height of the Dominator. 40s cooldown.

Level 1: 900 dmg, 0.7 sec stun
Level 2: 1800 dmg, 1.4 sec stun
Level 3: 2700 dmg, 2.1 sec stun
Level 4: 3600 dmg, 2.8 sec stun
Level 5: 4500 dmg, 3.5 sec stun
[attachment=1]
Judgement Fist (W)

Heat comes from the fist and can attack units from range. The fire does immediate small area of effect damage near the selected target which does 50% damage to targets near. Does no stun. 30s cooldown.

Level 1: 550 dmg
Level 2: 1100 dmg
Level 3: 1750 dmg
Level 4: 2200 dmg
Level 5: 2750 dmg
[attachment=0]

Petrifying Armor (E)

You become almost immune to damage and takes only 10% of all damage from all sources. Your weapons is disabled while this is active, but you can still use your abilities. Using body smash while this ability is active is a goody combo. 40s cooldown.

Level 1: 1s
Level 2: 2s
Level 3: 3s
Level 4: 4s
Level 5: 5s

Body Smash (T)

You smash into an enemy tank, dealing same damage to yourself and your enemy. This ability doesn't kill u, but does reduce your hp to 1 if you have less hp and damage won't he higher than your remaining hp. 40s cooldown. Ground Only, Only Heroes, Harms Both

Level 1: 1200 Max Damage
Level 2: 2400 Max Damage
Level 3: 3600 Max Damage
Level 4: 4800 Max Damage
Level 5: 6000 Max Damage

PWN Everything? (R)

Not sure about it's ultimate.
I like the judicator that you have in your mod but i like the big tank battle fortress (i think thats its name) better, i think in your mod it cost 17500?

And with the 1900-3000 gap, it really does not matter if you cannot get a gun at the start i have seen many people buy goblin shreddar at the start with no weapon and after a while they did very good in that game. I really like the scorpion tank model but i think at this time it would look out of place with all the normal looking tanks. Maybe if you could animate the scorpion to be like a robot and not look like a real scorpion, i would be 100% behind it.
Well, the Scorpion Tank is designed to be a walker, a mech like say, the Titan. I think some diversification works, they don't all need a generic look.

I like the scorpion tank walking style, that's why I want to see a wider variety of tanks in game, with different looks, original skills and overall style.

We don't need any more tanks under 3000 right now, we should be focusing on the big tanks, that's where the action is taking place, let's not forget that between Infernal and Titan there is a 6k gap.

I made the 8k tank suggestion because I wanted an equal to Sky Tank on the ground but with a unique look, not just a generic tank.
You can always get updates. Level 2 Tank Cannon is a weapon in its own right, 120 dps with 900 range isnt bad. That means it is possible to have a 2050 or 2100 tank.
if u want to do another 11,000 lines of code just for it then i'm still all for the voltron idea Smile
Voltron?
Did a search for voltron, it seems that only qwe has ever used this word(in 4 posts), don't know what it is though...
Kesarion Wrote:Did a search for voltron, it seems that only qwe has ever used this word(in 4 posts), don't know what it is though...
lol it's a robot transformer figure in a anime serie. Perhaps he was thinking on my suggestion. It's the closest guess I have.
Well, i tried some things concerning the scorpion.
First of all, the total filesize needed is ~200kb.
Secondly, the model's claws are completely black which is kind of a bug of the model (no external textures).
Ingame, it does not completely fit as a "tank" or "robot" at first sight. The animations are too "alive".
I'll provide some screenshots in some minutes.

Edit:
[attachment=0]

The main problem really is the animation of a completely living organism. It's not like a mech ingame.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6