Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: Drop hack in qualify
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Games btanks league qualify #16812 and btanks league qualify #16814 have ended abruptly with people getting a fatal error (all 3 of us from my clan that were in there, Decio Beorn Socod). We highly suspect a drop hack; we'll take names at the start of the next games to try and narrow suspects down in case the story repeats itself. We'd appreciate anything you can do to take a look into it.
The admin will take a look on those 2 games and see if there is any reason to suspect. Normally hacks cannot be used by players in a bot game which has no access to the bot.
For me a fatal error sounds like a bug in the map. Normally caused by some sort of memory violation.
I don't think there is a possibility for any drop hacks. All players got their tcp connection to the bot. Will be hard to kill these connections without access to the bot.
Velocity2k Wrote:For me a fatal error sounds like a bug in the map. Normally caused by some sort of memory violation.
I don't think there is a possibility for any drop hacks. All players got their tcp connection to the bot. Will be hard to kill these connections without access to the bot.

intresting,
i got blamed by "CbuD", that me or 1 of my team-m8s "flood hacked" him at the BTT 2010. Just got this information since 1-2weeks now (from CbuD).
So is/was it possible to flood hack ppl in a game hosted by the tournament bot?
Im really pissd against this Guy, cause he directly fighted vs me that i hacked him out of this game. (i had nothing to do with his dc or what ever he had, we/me also had no matter to do something like that).

(btw ppl really often get fatal erros the last time, in league-pubs also in privats)

greetz
LIoOoOoIL Wrote:intresting,
i got blamed by "CbuD", that me or 1 of my team-m8s "flood hacked" him at the BTT 2010. Just got this information since 1-2weeks now (from CbuD).
So is/was it possible to flood hack ppl in a game hosted by the tournament bot?
Im really pissd against this Guy, cause he directly fighted vs me that i hacked him out of this game. (i had nothing to do with his dc or what ever he had, we/me also had no matter to do something like that).

(btw ppl really often get fatal erros the last time, in league-pubs also in privats)

greetz
Well, they can't directly flood you over the bot. I doubt that it's possible to "flood somebody out of the game".
To get someone disconnected you would have to disturb/end the connection between him and the bot. Maybe he can tell us all how to do thatWink

To the fatal errors: I guess there is something in the map which causes the problem. Maybe part of a strategy etc. which is played more often in the last weeks/months.
Would be nice to have replays of such a games. When this happens it would be nice to know, what the players did just before the fatal error.

For example we had a fatal error some versions ago when a player wanted to place an AA gun in a tower.
ok, i try not forget to save the replaysIdea ^^
but atm im not playing pubs pretty often, and privs are rare.
If you get a fatal error a replay doesn't exist afaik. That's the problemWink.
he could ask the others for it.. or?
didnt talked about myself, i have no dc-error probs.

"TC_Mad_Bull" as example had really often this reconnreset, or how ever it calld. then he installed the operator system again. Till now i think, he had never again probs like this.
Got 3 dc's in a row in a couple of minutes (all qualis, #172xx)... (two games at start, one game when guy with a nick like DGFJKGGKKJHF said "taste this", and then i was dc)
it's not a coincidence.
Pzdr
The nick is DNDPONSWYHNCTW and he's also an active member of this forum just with another nick. I just wonder if i should post his real acc here...
Sounds like the shortcut of your Ban-Thread-Picture :mrgreen:
He also did it the last days and there is absolutely no excuse for it.
i sow "desynchronisation" few times at bot
oldstyle drophack do it
Velocity2k Wrote:He also did it the last days and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

I noticed that I wasn't the only one who got fatal error by my 3rd or 4th game where other people got it too. It started occur when I got my new laptop, I installed some hotkey binders and 2-3 APM record program, Idk wheter that was the reason for a fatal error or not.
I deleted all replays which didn't fix the problem so I reinstalled warcraft 3 again.
The error stopped after getting CCleaner, it found a corrupted file.

And to all those people who flame me with no reason cuz of the name DNDPONSWYHNCTW I want to say that it actually means something, it's not randomly chosen it stands for: Do not display poor or no sportsmanship when you have no chance to win!

I went into a qualify game everytime I thought I had fixed the problem, but if I really was the reason and I did it on purpose what should keep me away from joining a league game then?

I apolygize to all the players who have suffered during the fatal errors.
I want to upload all my errors so u(velocity2k) can take a look on it, but the "upload attachment" doesn't allow .txt files to be uploaded.
I play quali only for experiment.
And i know that i can loose. Thats not problem for me, but i want to loose fair.
I do not want to blame DNDPONSWYHNCTW for that fatals, I just wanted admins to look if that dc's are connected with that guy, thats all.
Yesterday when dc's happened i played with mr.pinky if that can help. He got fatals too.
Pzdr
Not really believable for me that you just tested your laptop. You've joined one game after an other.
Code:
[Tue Feb  1 18:21:44 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17211] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 18:29:25 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17216] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 18:33:39 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17217] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 18:38:23 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 18:43:55 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17219] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 18:50:51 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17221] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 18:54:50 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17222] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 19:00:15 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17223] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 19:13:43 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17225] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 19:17:21 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17228] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 20:09:23 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17237] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 20:13:21 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17238] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 20:17:31 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17239] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb  1 20:49:29 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
The times between the discs are very short. Keep in mind there is also a lobby time and the load time and also the games were running for some time.

And also the two days before when drop hack discussions already have been ongoing.
You could have told us that you have a problem and kill one game after the next - but you didn't.

And normally when one person has a problem he gets disconnected and the game continues, here all players got disconnected.

And when you have a problem why don't you test it in private games on another bot? You had to kill 50 qualify games?
Velocity2k Wrote:And also the two days before when drop hack discussions already have been ongoing.
You could have told us that you have a problem and kill one game after the next - but you didn't.
I saw the drop hack discussion in the forum but I didn't knew wheter that was me or not, so it's best not to go to a debate I have nothing to do with.

Velocity2k Wrote:And normally when one person has a problem he gets disconnected and the game continues, here all players got disconnected.
No Idea why.

Velocity2k Wrote:And when you have a problem why don't you test it in private games on another bot? You had to kill 50 qualify games?
I didn't had anyone to test it with, and to know if the problem was fixed or not, it had to be done right, with real people.

And again, if it really was my intention then I would at least go into a ranked league game and destroy everything, why spend the time on qualify games :lol:

EDIT:
Velocity2k Wrote:Not really believable for me that you just tested your laptop. You've joined one game after an other.
I didn't test it, I tried to fix the problem.
Quote:[Tue Feb 1 18:34:27 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: someone kicked me?
[Tue Feb 1 18:34:33 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: I got error
[Tue Feb 1 18:34:34 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [razorblade]: i had wc3 discon.
[Tue Feb 1 18:34:42 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: fatal error

[Tue Feb 1 20:18:17 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] [Lobby] [mr.pinker]: its always fatal error when sby dies
[Tue Feb 1 20:18:18 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: a hacker I think

[Tue Feb 1 20:49:25 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] (28:25) [All] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: taste this
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:29 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:32 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [tankef]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:33 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [1und1ist2]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:33 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [Auto_Tune]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:35 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [ViceprezeS]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:37 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [canaan]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:40 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [raineywon]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)

eSVau Wrote:
Quote:[Tue Feb 1 18:34:27 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: someone kicked me?
[Tue Feb 1 18:34:33 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: I got error
[Tue Feb 1 18:34:34 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [razorblade]: i had wc3 discon.
[Tue Feb 1 18:34:42 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17218] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: fatal error

[Tue Feb 1 20:18:17 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] [Lobby] [mr.pinker]: its always fatal error when sby dies
[Tue Feb 1 20:18:18 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] [Lobby] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: a hacker I think

[Tue Feb 1 20:49:25 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] (28:25) [All] [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: taste this
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:29 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [DNDPONSWYHNCTW]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:32 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [tankef]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:33 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [1und1ist2]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:33 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [Auto_Tune]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:35 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [ViceprezeS]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:37 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [canaan]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)
[Tue Feb 1 20:49:40 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #17241] deleting player [raineywon]: has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)

I know it might look suspicious but error happens randomly, I was teleporting into them, believe what u want to
Pages: 1 2