Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: Retirement of Callex Space Maps WC3 (so boring so boring)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm planning to retire from mapping the 2 space maps which I'm the current main mapper now, but I haven't updated these for a while except for Cruiser Command today which was only a small bugfix release. Callex started the maps and has done about 90-95% of the works on the maps. On Solar Conquest, Eleandor did the terrain part. I have only balanced it a bit further and added more features to make it more fun to play, while keeping it as reasonable balanced. Also filled in more stuff to make it more immersive and increased variations of tactics. Both maps are beta and is considered almost finished. Really all credits to Callex. I have not being able to make this on my own, only a bad version of solar conquest which when I was allowed to continue his project I dumped my epic starlords map and continued on solar conquest. Later was also allowed to continue on Cruiser Command. But now I'm quite fed up with mapping as using lots of hours perfecting it, I have a limit since I'm not so good mapper.

In Solar Conquest (A real time strategy / Ground and Space Map) the most noticeable addition in the increase of available ships and technologies since I took over. Also many other minor edits and balancing of ground and space forces. The addition of hero ships was maybe a mistake. This map has control circles which adds to your food and allows the increase the income of your empire which give a small credits income every 15 seconds which kinda makes this map in the risk style category. Also planet interface system allows the map to be space view based and ground view based RTS map is the only one of it's kind which makes this space map very unique with the possibility to change from space to ground contol interface (zoom in/zoom out). The space view gives you a nice feeling of expanding in space. It has 3 tech threes (Ground / Space / Economy center) which gives quite a long technology tree, also with upgrade researching as well. However there is big one problem though, it tend to get laggier as the game lasts due to my knowledge I can only us the WC3 GUI triggers. You should try this map if you like altered melee maps or melee in general. This map is easy to play, but the reasearch part is a bit of a puzzle since many new players kinda get stuck while researching. I've played several space strategy maps, but I haven't found a better map than this one so far to be honest...

In Cruiser Command (Role playing teamwork map - Space) the most noticeable addition is several new missiles, upgrades, new small game systems and new consoles. Cruiser Command is a teamwork game where you control a crew member. You are a part of a battle cruiser crew, which has 1 captain, 2 pilots and 2 engineers. It's possible to play with less players but that will extend the game time. You gather minerals from asteroids with miners which is the pilots job. Engineers do refine and produce weapons and make upgrades to the cruiser. The captain organize the team and gives orders, also he is the one steering the cruiser. This is one of the best 3rd person space battle map you will find on warcraft 3 (Space Rogues is really good too). Your goal is to destroy the other teams cruiser. You should try this map if you never tried it before, but it's extremely complicated and noobhostile map which you are bad at figuring out things.

There is 2 huge disadvantages. The triggers badly organized and it's very hard to strangers to recognize the trigger locations and functions. Even if they are put in folders it's a pain to find what you are looking for. The second is that it's 100% GUI so if you want to convert everything codes, it takes about 6 months at least, maybe more to do so.

I have some spare time for mapping, but I'm tired of mapping and it gets very boring and spending hours of doing stuff in the editor, and retires now like Bob666 for a while ago did and left Battle Tanks over to Exodus, then to Paladon and Velocity2k which is a team now.

Anyone interested in taking over these maps?

THE END
For the time being I'm going to update cruiser command for some time, while I have no plans with Solar Conquest.
Hi TKF,

this might be kinda too late, i just played Cruiser Command for the first time this week and liked it very much. In my opinion the map has too much potential to let it just die. If there is any possibility to take over (I have to warn you that my knowledge about the WC3 editor is low) i would like to. Contact me please if you still visit this forum.
Updates has stopped Sad

I hope someone who is skilled in editor can take over this project. One of the best maps made for warcraft imo, but battle tanks is more fun as very few people can play this game as its ultracomplex in comparison to BT. This is maybe one of the reasons its not popular, cuz its not easy to learn to control the cruiser and work as a team.
Some games later