Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: Penalty Points reform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i dont know if someone wrote something like my idea

i thought about my penalty points. i will need 300 games until i am rid of them.
so i got the idea:
if someone stay in a game, he get -0,50 penalty points.
if he stays the next game he will get -0,55 penalty points.
if he stay 10 games one behind the other he will get a penalty minus by -1,00.
and so on. maybe that tease some player to stay in a game.
because there are players which have penalty points like 500+ and they know "one more leave doesnt matter"

just an idea
I also think the number of penalty points reduced pr game can be greater since playing 300 games to get rid of the penalty points sounds like a no life solution with only -0.50 penalty removed pr game.
well, if u stay 20 games, u get normaly 10 penalty points less.
with my idea u lose 21 points.

30 games are 15 penalty points less.
but if u stay 30 one behind the other u can lose 38,75 penalty points.
and so on. just because u stay.
if u leave a game, it restart at -0,50

that reason may cause player to stay in a game.
ICE2607 Wrote:well, if u stay 20 games, u get normaly 10 penalty points less.
with my idea u lose 21 points.
exactly - and penalty gain is calculated by someones last 20 games - if you can lose more penalty than gain within the same time you can leave once in a while without consequences.

20 * 0.5 = 10 = penalty gain for leaving onetimes.

Simple solution: DO NOT LEAVE :roll:

Quote:Leaving And Penalty

Leaving means not finishing a game till victory screen. That means someone who is not staying till the end will be handled as leaver (indepentend of reason/cause). Leavers will recieve a penalty, which is measures time-based considering someones last 20 games.
penalty = abs( point_from_this_game ) + 50 * ( 1 - time_percentage_stayed_in_this_and_19_games_before );

An existing penalty will be reduced by 0.5 points every nice completed game. With a perfect stay time of 100% and a single leave at the current game you would get a penalty of a bit more than 10 points, which means you have to play at least 20 games to reduce your penalty to zero.
I will not enter league when I disconnects very often from games as a result of 2-3 min net loss as a result of wireless internet, as penalties will be removed by playing 20 games when you leave 1 time. When I lose connection in about every 5-10 games it's not and acceptable solution for players having sometimes problems with connection had falls dead just randomly for a very brief time. It's very annoying in long games.

Also when the bot can't tell the different between disconnects and leaving those penalty point will most likely become easily over 200-300.
eSVau Wrote:Simple solution: DO NOT LEAVE :roll:
blaaa..
can't hear it anymore.. but pls.. keep ur selfish opinion..
Penalty don't change your Elo at least. With the Elo, you can see what is your real rank.

Sometimes it's better to leave if you got something to do like working or SLEEPING for school -_- lol
Do you think really someone will come check this rank and send you money for being in the top 100 ? C'mon, check your Elo and don't care about penalty. After 2hours of game, sometimes you got more important thing to do.

Think about this, it's a game. -_-
its a game right, i dont have a problem with my penalty,
its just lame to see taht other player dont care anymore because they have 1000+ penalty points,
they ruin the game by leaving, thats my problem.
ICE2607 Wrote:its a game right, i dont have a problem with my penalty,
its just lame to see taht other player dont care anymore because they have 1000+ penalty points,
they ruin the game by leaving, thats my problem.
This might be a problem cuz then they would sabotage for other league players. However it's wierd if they can keep the 80% stay rate which is quite high. Only way of sabotaging is to leave at the end games which might make the game even shorter and ruin the team, thus not making the leave % much less.

This might seem unfair towards players with connection problem, but another solution could be to remove 1 penalty point for each game played instead, or 0.5 + 0.1 for every stay like Ice suggested. Playing 40 games to remove all penalty points from 1 leave is much. If you leave 6 times you need to play like 240 games and it's quite much just to get rid of all penalty points. I notice the league is so called beta stage so when this is going to be reset is the penalty point system going to be changed? Many players get disconnected and majority of the players has a lot of penalty points and this system only awards players which has stable connection while other good players get less points cuz they sometimes get random disconnects.
you exactly said what i'm feeling 'bout thisSad
TKF Wrote:I notice the league is so called beta stage so when this is going to be reset is the penalty point system going to be changed? Many players get disconnected and majority of the players has a lot of penalty points and this system only awards players which has stable connection while other good players get less points cuz they sometimes get random disconnects.
The end of the beta is actually pretty close. It's planned to start the real league with the next version (8.72c), which features some more bugfixes. I also feel, that those penalty points are too harsh and that it should be easier to get rid of them again. But this is not my part, you'll have to convince eSVau and Velocity (mostly eSVau though ;) )
Exodus Wrote:
TKF Wrote:I notice the league is so called beta stage so when this is going to be reset is the penalty point system going to be changed? Many players get disconnected and majority of the players has a lot of penalty points and this system only awards players which has stable connection while other good players get less points cuz they sometimes get random disconnects.
The end of the beta is actually pretty close. It's planned to start the real league with the next version (8.72c), which features some more bugfixes. I also feel, that those penalty points are too harsh and that it should be easier to get rid of them again. But this is not my part, you'll have to convince eSVau and Velocity (mostly eSVau thoughWink )

I hope the penalty points system will be improved since my unstable connection tends to cut off internet randomly making a few games as a leaver. There's no chance to play 40 games in a row without getting a disconnect. The penalty system punish players and only reward player with 100% stability and not everyone has such stable connection.

Atm it seems it is not going to change.
Just changed the penalty remove to 1 instead of 0.5. Let's see how this will work.
cool.. now i "only" need to play 250 games instead of 500 .. hahahah
AGGInator Wrote:cool.. now i "only" need to play 250 games instead of 500 .. hahahah

gz :mrgreen:
AGGInator Wrote:cool.. now i "only" need to play 250 games instead of 500 .. hahahah
Stats will be reset soon. So you can start without penalty againWink.
oh nooo.. points are points.. if positive or negative.. i got themBig Grin :!:

do you reset the counter of games played at the bots, too? because of the stay %
Bot DB wont be touched
eSVau Wrote:Bot DB wont be touched
So in other words people with lousy stay rate must play some games to increase their stay rate to acceptable 80%? So only the points will be resetted right?
yes.. just like beforeSmile
Pages: 1 2