Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: Please report problems concerning "Pathability" here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please report problems concerning the pathability of certain spots or locations in this thread and do not open a new one.
for those who do not know what pathability means, paladon means places where tanks and/or creeps get stuck and cant move.
Hi,

Id like to report three stuck points which I often experience

1. Between those trees next to the right laser tower that is located between dark base and left lane control point (after a tank teleported, screenshot attached)
[list=2]On top of the left wall of the light base (after a tank of light force teleported not by control-point-teleport but by teleporter, sorry no screenshot here). Dont know if it is the same problem with other walls. [/list]
[list=3]Not far away from dark base on the way to mid. It looks like one little creep which waits here. Im sorry not to be able to report you any requirements to reproduce this bug. Next time Ill try to take a screenshot after selecting the creeps and test the effect of "-unstuck".[/list]

B-Tanker
B-Tanker Wrote:Not far away from dark base on the way to mid. It looks like one little creep which waits here.
I also saw this some time, and it's actually two small creeps stucking within each other here. Unforunally i think it's a problem of Warcraft itself. You can observe this behavior (two units stucking eachother) in many other maps aswell. Still it's strange this never happens at the same spot at the Light force base.
there is a funny one with the center CP for the light forces..

if you are a wheel based tank, then when you click an area directly behind or diagonally behind the little cliff there, the tank gets UNDECIDED, and does a funny left right left right dance for .... until you click some where else

i lost 3 kills because of that.

enemy was running away (flying type of course) so want to chase after them for the finishing blow and tada!!!! stupid thing gets stuck undecided which way to go :lol: :roll:
B-Tanker Wrote:Not far away from dark base on the way to mid. It looks like one little creep which waits here. Im sorry not to be able to report you any requirements to reproduce this bug. Next time Ill try to take a screenshot after selecting the creeps and test the effect of "-unstuck".

When watching a replay for another topic, I observed the described behaviour. Two screenshots and the replay are attached. Hope it helps to find out the reason in order to fix it.

B-Tanker
going in the water
[8.69b] Done with CPTP
ssl Wrote:[8.69b] Done with CPTP

I've done this with infernal robot's teleport but didn't think it's bug
It sure is, as you cannot move if you end up there. You have to port back somewhere which is quite inconvenient.
[8.69c] Done with Chaos teleport.

I guess its an issue with all the base walls.
That's known since like forever^^

I think it happens due to the fact that cp-teleport (same goes for chaos teleport) is no real teleport, but a "move instantly to x", which ignores cliff collusion completly (but not tree-collusion for example). I'm not sure if this can be fixed.
Prog Wrote:[...]ignores cliff collusion completly (but not tree-collusion for example). I'm not sure if this can be fixed.

Of course it can be fixed then... just place some trees onto the base wall :lol:
DerSatan Wrote:
Prog Wrote:[...]ignores cliff collusion completly (but not tree-collusion for example). I'm not sure if this can be fixed.

Of course it can be fixed then... just place some trees onto the base wall :lol:
Pimp My Base! *g*
Hey, Instead of these Walls just a few trees and it will be real cool. Will look like a unrealistisch fantasyworld with crazy machines and magic *lol*
DerSatan Wrote:

Is it possible to place trees there and make them invisible?
Open the editor and try to place a doodad with the pathTex of a tree (or even just the 2x2 one) on a terrain like those walls.Wink

(it's not possible with all pathTex' i tried, still maybe Paladon knows one working or knows a workaround, he's the way better mapper^^)
You don't need invisible trees or something like that. The editor already provides path blockers, which have no modell but make the terrain impassable. But, they already have been placed on these walls ages ago. This doesn't help. Some advanced triggering is needed to fix this problem.
Concerning the inferno... I dont think you should provide your time to fix this "bug"... Players just dont have to jumpe on wall... It is like adapting a home for baabies, removing all dangerous corner... Bt players are not babies; I think they know they should not jump on wall... :p
I stucked at the version 8.70 at the CP left. I played Antigravbut i didnt use the Jump. I just tryed to TP Back to the base.
I stucked there like 10 minutes and then i could move again. BTW i couldnt use any skill or tp.
Ich hab das Bild angehängt. (hab leider keinen Plan wie Anhang auf englisch heisst)

Gruß Haus
Pages: 1 2 3