Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: Heroes of Newerth Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently the editor can do as much as the WC3 one if not more. This only opens the interesting question of a BT-like game in HoN. The editor is based on Savage 2 which I havent played, but it looks like a pretty cool game.

It could easily be done with custom models but a BT using heroes could work too. It could be a magic based game where heroes emit various types of energy (weapons).

When the editor is out i'll see what i can do, but i think the game will be released early next year (i hope). Pre-purchase is around $40 i believe.

And if anyone wants a beta account, let me know. I think theyre having a 24 hour open beta registration sometime this week, add them on facebook.
I wanted to try this game but couldnt get a beta yetBig Grin
Is there an editor or it will come with release?
They havent started any work on the editor but theres a workaround that involves using the savage 2 game editor, which means you need to have that game as well.

Give me your email and i'll give you an invite.
has anyone thought of moving or replicating battle tanks in Flash. so it can be played in browser?
tain Wrote:has anyone thought of moving or replicating battle tanks in Flash. so it can be played in browser?
seriously... what the fuck? ^^
maybe if you get us an expert in flash programing... ^^
My thoughts at first but then after a while it didnt seem so hard.

As a flash game you just have a map where grounds tanks cant move over certain areas, with a minimap in the corner. Another area for the inventory and create some of the weapons and items, etc.. All of that has been done before in a lot of games (newgrounds is a good place to see).

It would be a pretty big load and you couldnt fit all the weapons or items in but its doable. It will take a very long time doing all the art and animations for the weapons and items. But flash BT would simply be flat tanks moving around a flat battlefield.

But not really worth it. Compared to newer games, WC3 runs almost like a browser, very fast startup and load. Anyways, BT is supposed to be multiplayer so a browser version would be lacking a lot.
battle.net, bot hosting games, gameplay can be recreated in-browser. (maybe :mrgreen: )
3d graphics is still not as powerful as war3 engine but its not far away.

hmm, i was just wondering if anyone tried to make something like that. and i guess answer is no.

ill think about it, because i am flash developer myself and currently in learning and testing next-gen multiplayer games in flash.
i am currently gathering information about the engine with people on Codelain, Playdota, Blizzvault, Eurobattle.net.......

if i learn that it is possible i would probably try to create flash version of tanks.
it would probably be just 10-20% of the game, with few tanks and several weapons. small map with 1 or 2 lanes.

the main thing is to prove that it CAN be done Tongue

if anyone has any info on this it would be awesome.

PS: sorry that i went offtopic
I think a top-down version would be fine. Really recreating all the graphics in flash 3d would be far too much work and time consuming. As a top down game it could work very well as all distances (range) are linear.

But, if you want to make it 3d then go for it.
I offer HoN Beta Keys.
so, if you could recreate battle tanks on HoN or like standalone game or in Flash, and you have the freedom of design,
what would you change?
has anyone thought about this?

btw if you need LoL or HoN keys drop me a pm with email, i can invite you.
Well, i'll leave a 'port' of BT to someone else - i'm going to be using the system of weapons that autofire at enemies but everything else will be different. Getting tank models and animations that look good in HoN will be a lot of work so instead of tanks, i might go for a 'magic' version where heroes emit different types of magic. And there will be fog.

Or something like that.