Official Battle Tanks Community

Full Version: Non-HB in 866
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Joined the forum, been playing BTanks since the AnR versions.

Well, as of 866 with the removal of HB mode the game has now become a Dota wanna-be with a STRICT focus on creeping. A team can have a HUGE lead in player kills but lose heavily across the map.

If anything needs to be balanced add a non-extended requirement armor level requirement for Frost Tank.

There are some people that play the game to kill other players. If we wanted to creep... we'd play Dota.
i think the creeping in hb was also double. creeping was pretty damn helpful in hb too. battle tanks and dota both are very similar but what i like about battle tanks is the little differences. it's kind of like how they got the big mac in europe but they might call it something like, "la big mac". and they got french fries there too but they might put mayonaise on them instead of ketchup. battle tanks is just a little different but that makes all the world of difference for me.

to me it seems that Dota caters more to idiot gamers and noobies while battle tanks seems to cater more to it's highest skilled players and more interesting ideas.
Gorn Wrote:Well, as of 866 with the removal of HB mode the game has now become a Dota wanna-be with a STRICT focus on creeping.
FYI: The HB mode is still in 8.66. Only the 5h hcl command for the hostbots has been removed in this version.
qweqq is correct, creep bounty was also doubled in HB. In fact, creeping in hb was even more effective than without.
qweqqweq Wrote:i think the creeping in hb was also double. creeping was pretty damn helpful in hb too. battle tanks and dota both are very similar but what i like about battle tanks is the little differences. it's kind of like how they got the big mac in europe but they might call it something like, "la big mac". and they got french fries there too but they might put mayonaise on them instead of ketchup. battle tanks is just a little different but that makes all the world of difference for me.

to me it seems that Dota caters more to idiot gamers and noobies while battle tanks seems to cater more to it's highest skilled players and more interesting ideas.

I think you're missing the point. It's still the same game only at a different pace. Better players will always win, so long as they make the better choices. In DOTA it relates to heros, in Btanks it relates to tanks.

Take an analogy
checkers --> chess
HB --> normal
IS FALSE, because the 2 modes are not that different in strategy.

The claims against HB generally baseless. Many are so trivial that they don't really depend on the game mode at all.
The sad part is that people make up random comments here and so long as they bash it, it is accepted blindly.

The makers of DOTA have not removed -EM, call it catering to noobs all you want. More people play that game right now.
Removing HB just gave every other noob another reason to try EM DOTA if you want to call them noobs.