Official Battle Tanks Community
Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Increasing the cost of Teleporter (/showthread.php?tid=1018)

Pages: 1 2 3

Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Shift1 - 2009-10-12

Sorry if this got allready announced elsewhere im nearly never in the forum and i didnt found this after a short overview.
What do u think about increasing the prize for the teleporter to 4000?

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Prog - 2009-10-12

There were so many disscusions about teleporter, so i'll just sum up my opinion: no. Teleporter is fine right now.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Althend - 2009-10-12

I would rather add a consummable item to prevent players to teleport at begining. (ref to advanced breaker)

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - GooglyBoogly - 2009-10-12

I just did a search for teleport + cost.
Please, use the search function first

http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2226

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Shift1 - 2009-10-13

than take this as a refreshing considering the porterWink
also to the other post by gammagulp: so much discussion and complicated ideas...honestly just increase the cost by a little..i believe that in intern games everyone would still buy it, this alone shows that porter is too strong. sam told about dota..there u get porter for rly rly much money and it has only a small range, also u can only port if u didnt got attacked in the last 3 seconds! i know this aint dota, but still this porter is far too strong and the most imballanced item ingame (imo). hust put it in the other thread if u want toSmile

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - SirJoghurt - 2009-10-13

Prog Wrote:, so i'll just sum up my opinion: no. Teleporter is fine right now.

in ur opinion everthing always is ok ^^

Porter ist too strong for its price... we could Btanks even rename (when i only lay down AT games too compare) into BattlePorterPoisonTanks

there were some good Ideas how to change it, higher price, more cooldown, lower range

i think, a higher price and a bit more cooldown would make it more balanced

[Image: winke17trj2.gif]

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Althend - 2009-10-13

Or making a system where the range of the teleport depends on the cooldown. More you wait before using teleport, more its range is high. It would be some sort of "charging", player would have to wait longer to get high range ^_^

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Prog - 2009-10-13

SirJoghurt Wrote:
Prog Wrote:, so i'll just sum up my opinion: no. Teleporter is fine right now.

in ur opinion everthing always is ok ^^

Nope, hunter isn't ;P

The problem with the porternerf is just, that the game will be even slower (which would be quite bad, as it will lead to more 'creeping -> endgame fight'-strats) and camping even better as quick attacking/retreating would be way harder (which will also lead to the same thing). Camping is allready common, i don't think it would be good to buff it in any way.

(btw, the long range weapon a lot of players hate (i don't) would be buffed with a teleporter nerf. Frost Robot, Hunter, Antigrav, Rockets, Net launcher, lava shot, etc... would be buffed as well, Goblin tank nerfed. Changing any item as central as the teleporter in any way (even small changes) implys a huge change in the gameplay.)

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - TKF - 2009-10-13

Well I consider the teleport item a much better choice than turbo speed cuz of the element of instant surprise and pwnage. I have to kinda agree with SirJoghurt that it's quite powerful item for it's low price.

Well the teleporter get more useful the more stuff and bigger tank you have as you have more firepower. It's an instant retreat/attack item. I dislike in the end where everyone buys teleporter it changes the fun of the game radically.

Well if not the price would be increased, maybe the nerf this item needs is a cooldown increase?

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Kesarion - 2009-10-13

This is a good item it doesn't need to be nerfed, that would destroy the game. It does need a counter though because right now the only way to fight teleport is to buy a teleport. We need an item to break the teleporter all the time, but it needs to be an end game item so I'd price it at 10k.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Prog - 2009-10-13

Btw: I'm asking myself if any of those who think the porter needs to be nerfed can really say that he used/uses teleport breakers to the fullest extent? In the games i play in, I would definitely deny that anyone does.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - scron2 - 2009-10-14

Do not change its cost. Nerf it to 1800 range.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - qweqqweq - 2009-10-14

perhaps a consumable teleporter that is also a shark with a lazer beam that cost more then the regular teleporter would be a good compromise?

**edit: sorry, i meant, "frickin' lazer beam" not "lazer beam" Smile **

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Tom-Ace - 2009-10-14

You could have two teleporters, one that is 3k gold with a 2000 range, and the other thats 5250 gold and 3500 range.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Paladon - 2009-10-15

..updateable item maybe?
Edit: Suggestion not possible since you'd have to click on it in order to trigger an update.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - horselance - 2009-10-15

Can be done by recipe system though.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - scron2 - 2009-10-15

WOW, since someone deleted my post.

3000 TP = 1750 range
6000 TP = 2000 range
10000 TP = 2250 range

Simple solution. Changing the cost doe nothing because
the item is inherently unbalanced... even with breakers.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - Munkhater - 2009-10-15

I think that the teleporter is perfect the way it is. It has basically the same cooldown as all other items, it is long enough that you can catch retreating enemies, but short enough to not be able to teleport directly from one CP to another.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - scron2 - 2009-10-16

Munkhater Wrote:I think that the teleporter is perfect the way it is. It has basically the same cooldown as all other items, it is long enough that you can catch retreating enemies, but short enough to not be able to teleport directly from one CP to another.
What the fuck. When someone is quoted saying that something is perfect the way it is, that's a red flag.
A person like this associated playing/dealing with TP a "skill" rather than an inherent game imbalance.
This individual should be dismissed as a noob because there are serious problems around TP in general.

Re: Increasing the cost of Teleporter - BENNIE.FM - 2009-10-16

ok i agree with anyone who wants to keep the price of of tp the same price however if your going to make changes

3k$ =2000 range
have 500 gold for upgrade of +500 range to the already purchased tp
and so on so 3 upgrades would get you to a maxed tp range of what we have now.

But tp is good the way it is KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS