Official Battle Tanks Community
Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow (/showthread.php?tid=1448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Gammagulp - 2009-03-18

I know earlier a lot of people cried for making earth robot weaker some month ago. While this tank was changed - especially the granit defense - I nearly never see someone using it.

I tried with some skilled teammates to use it and Gang with it in a public game. Well it is no secret, that air really are more and more the tank of choice. We played against 2 airships and a skytank with 4 Earthrobots - and laugh or not, the earth robot got no chance. Not that the ultimate only is against ground - it forbidd you to move and hunt an enemy tank. So its not like Goblin or Heavy tank click and deal AOE and go on.

Before someone tells me "here" Earthrobot is bad against air - I know it - we used several nets in the Team to deal damage with the ultimate, but the lower Speed compared to air didnt help us. With teleporter we could do some damage, but realise that:

If you use granit defense or even Ultimate + net you cannot hunt down any air, because they got away too fast and easy, and after your defense is off they hunt you - if you are stronger they just fly away.

So I ask the following, can we improve the granit defense again or give that "earth diving" a longer range or effectiveness. Just that I can feel I am really using a 7500Gold Tank which should be a bit better than Goblin tank - not just by having some more HP?

Maybe longer stun for that diving and additional +3%lesser damage granit defense/level.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Althend - 2009-03-18

This tank is weak. The ultima is a real problem since it attacks only ground and need you to not move.
(mobility is all. It is the same problem for the frost tank )

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - koshen - 2009-03-18

I agree, and the speed of its dust wave. I can get out and walk faster (edit: I just tested it and it's much faster than I remembered, my bad)

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - qweqqweq - 2009-03-18

i think it's fine the way it is, it has its usefullnesses. it's just a specialty tank that's very weak to air in my opinion

and you said your game was 4 earth tanks vs at least 3 flying tanks. that sounds like it was a very bad idea. if you'd wait untill the other team got goblins, demons, hunters, and frost tanks first THEN get earth tank then i think you would stand a much better chance. just because a tank isn't good for every game doesn't mean it's still not a good tank.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Dr.McNinja - 2009-03-18

Agreed with the specialtyness of it... I personally like the specialty 'roles' different tanks have and earthbot is.. for earth (ground) mainly. Against ground tanks its pretty damn strong and there are only 5 air tanks that can be purchased so that kinda offsets the "more people use air tanks now" thought (although i do agree with it).

One way that earthbot could be buffed (against air) would be to change the dust wave to be more effective against air.

• Perhaps turn the earthbot into a giant stone that flies very fast with a large dust trail? the current animation looks like a burrow ability and is slow. With the stone ball idea, it could be used to 'toss' itself at airships causing knockback and a slow effect, that has a much lesser effect or none at all against ground tanks (reasoning: air tanks have nothing to 'hold' them, just plain air againt a giant flying rock). If it only had this effect against air, the earhtbot would be versatile or balanced, that can be seen as a good or bad thing.

• Increase the range of dustwave slightly against air tanks (being able to unit-target air tanks only).

• Change the ultimate to affect air. Reasoning could be the rocks/dust/debris being thrown up by the earhtquake, causing slow effect with little or no damage. Just a small slowing effect would be nice.

• Leave the earthbot as it is, as a specialty anti-ground tank.

For this range of price, you have (6500-9000):
Gob, sky, hunter. All of them are focused on ground (gob, stun; sky 2 skills; hunter cloud)

You can't say that all these ability are not great against ground. The earth ability is not that good... Comparing to them. It seems the "speciality" antiground is not that interesting... Since the others also have good stuffs...

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - cyberrabies - 2009-03-18

I just to add though that the earth robot speciality is not only ground, but defense! It's hard to compare it to goblin,heavy,hunter when its built to survive battles. I've found it very useful in keep and taking points (with nessary backup for dmg) as it survives battles well.

It's ulti nonetheless needs changing as its pulses are just to weak (make stop it from being a pulse/dmg over time spell)

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Dr.McNinja - 2009-03-18

Yea, its also a phat tank.

I would like to see channelling spells to have more ticks per second, not all, but some. The earthquake ulti would be great for improving with more tick per second.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - koshen - 2009-03-18

Indeedy, ground and defense. I haven't really played it enough to really get a feel for this tank but how would we feel if we replaced its tank cannon with a ground only one that does splash damage? It would be a great boon for farming and tightly clustered enemies when capping and defending cps.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - DerSatan - 2009-03-18

pheonix fire doesnt work with splash.

i also think the ultimate should get buffed, or maybe completely invented new. its true that in price range 6k-9k every tank has at least one ground only spell, and having it as an ultimate seems not too useful. the only speciality of earth robot seems to be his increased survival capabilities, and that alonne won't get people to play him.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Tom-Ace - 2009-03-18

Funny thing is i have just started using the earth robot with a lot of success, verses sky mind you.
You guys must remember at level 5 hardened armor you have 17 armor, that’s 50% reduction in damage for a 7500 tank.
I have found that if you creep fast and then buy the earth robot, then sell all of your weapons and buy one powerful gun, you will do a lot better verses sky do to the fact that you need less hit's to kill them.

Tom-Ace Wrote:Funny thing is i have just started using the earth robot with a lot of success, verses sky mind you.
You guys must remember at level 5 hardened armor you have 17 armor, that’s 50% reduction in damage for a 7500 tank.
I have found that if you creep fast and then buy the earth robot, then sell all of your weapons and buy one powerful gun, you will do a lot better verses sky do to the fact that you need less hit's to kill them.

Sell? Lol

Althend Wrote:
Tom-Ace Wrote:Funny thing is i have just started using the earth robot with a lot of success, verses sky mind you.

Sell? Lol

Um.....yes sell :|. I normaly get two bows and one iron hull with my copter, and farm mid until i have 6200, then sell my hull for 900+, i also sell the copter for 500.
So after i sell the hull and copter i have 7600 just enough to buy the earth robot.

Now after i have the earth robot, it is hard for me to be killed so farming is so easy, i will get to 9400 gold if hb and buy blaster, 5200 if normal and buy flamer.Big Grin

Tom-Ace Wrote:
Althend Wrote:

Sell? Lol

Um.....yes sell :|. I normaly get two bows and one iron hull with my copter, and farm mid until i have 6200, then sell my hull for 900+, i also sell the copter for 500.
So after i sell the hull and copter i have 7600 just enough to buy the earth robot.

Now after i have the earth robot, it is hard for me to be killed so farming is so easy, i will get to 9400 gold if hb and buy blaster, 5200 if normal and buy flamer.Big Grin

Mmmmhhh copter + 2 bow + hull, you need at least 14 min to get enough for the earth. At 10, most player would have tiers 2 tank+ weapon. SO you seel all tog et earth, then you dont have any item and you farm with tank cannon? O_o

I don't think it is the best build/tech :p

Well i dont know about how good is good but here are the facts.

On 5k hb with that build i will have earth robot in 9 min and blaster in 21 min, so by the time min 25 comes ill have speed boost to.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Gammagulp - 2009-03-18

Well here are my facts:Smile

I talk of normal - not HB, which is a fun mode at all.

If you use the great defense skill (granit armor) you got 60%less damage, but only 40% Speed :| Every clever player retreats for 5 seconds to keep out of range for short an then attacks again. You can adept to that skills so easy - you just keep your damage skills until the defense spell is over :/. If you are not defending a CP its not so usefull.

The ultimate can be broken by stun and usally no enemy tank stays in quiet long - and even got out of range while using the ultimate Confusedhock:

The 17 Armor help against physical attacks as I know - that means a cannon shot of a tank weapon dealing 310 damage deals 310 damage even with 17 Armor

The earthrobot has no click n Stun ability, it cannot hold an enemy effective - as I told even with net it is difficult.

Well, weak against air - ok, but 2 Earthrobots with a net should be able to get an Airship down - or not :?:
Compare tank costs pls and 200 Gold for using a net, so that the ultimate is damaging the airship, but its just not enough, because your attacking ability is usally very bad.

Last Point: The goblin Hammer got better, because we thought it was not good enough - so now you get a really good Speed Bonus till stun.
Why can we not just improve the skills of the Earth robot a bit, so that it is improved too - if you watch my suggestions I dont say make it imba - just a longer diving range and some percantages to the granit defens.
Maybe let the complete Ultimate damage be dealt in 3 Waves instead of 5 or so. So you dont need to stand still 8-10 seconds or whatever. Smile

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - qweqqweq - 2009-03-22

i haven't played earth robot in about 6 months but i went ahead and played a few games with it today to see if it's truly weak. i went 31-1 in a global 5k hb game. the clan bt players on the other team were, fido1, bhugzie, and midnight. not only did i get 31 kills with just 1 death but i also destroyed 2 factories in their base and took on 2 to 3 guys at the same time by myself while the rest of my team was still trying to get their mid cp.

although i laned against midnight who's a grunt in my clan, i had 62 creep kills to his 31 about 3 or 5 minutes in when i checked so i guess you could say i had a pretty good start that helped me do so good and also we had a leaver so it was 4v5 and i'm sure that helped me. But despite all that i still think the earth robot is a really nice tank. and after playing it today i still don't view it as being weak.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Althend - 2009-03-22

qweqqweq Wrote:i haven't played earth robot in about 6 months but i went ahead and played a few games with it today to see if it's truly weak. i went 31-1 in a global 5k hb game. the clan bt players on the other team were, fido1, bhugzie, and midnight. not only did i get 31 kills with just 1 death but i also destroyed 2 factories in their base and took on 2 to 3 guys at the same time by myself while the rest of my team was still trying to get their mid cp.

although i laned against midnight who's a grunt in my clan, i had 62 creep kills to his 31 about 3 or 5 minutes in when i checked so i guess you could say i had a pretty good start that helped me do so good and also we had a leaver so it was 4v5 and i'm sure that helped me. But despite all that i still think the earth robot is a really nice tank. and after playing it today i still don't view it as being weak.

You could do better with another tankwith same range of price.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - qweqqweq - 2009-03-23

the replay says "not downloaded yet" so how can you tell i could have done better with a different tank if you didn't even watch the replay? I respect your opinion and you're a really good player althend, but i don't see how the fuck i could have done much better than i did with that earth tank. I think earth tank was the perfect choice for me for that game. I'd respect your opinion a whole lot more if you watched the replay first before you made your coment. unless you got the replay from some one else.

Re: Earthrobot - pls buff it somehow - Althend - 2009-03-23

qweqqweq Wrote:the replay says "not downloaded yet" so how can you tell i could have done better with a different tank if you didn't even watch the replay? I respect your opinion and you're a really good player althend, but i don't see how the fuck i could have done much better than i did with that earth tank. I think earth tank was the perfect choice for me for that game. I'd respect your opinion a whole lot more if you watched the replay first before you made your coment. unless you got the replay from some one else.

It is not about the replay. I just don't see how you can base the opinion about the earth just on one replay. Your score is good but you don't explain why earth was the good choice bad with wich reason. I think you are a good player and you could take any tank/build to do good score, so one of your game is not relevant for me. It is what I mean with my comment. + it was Hb and you admit having a good start and you know that a good start is the most important in hb. I don't really care about replay, I trust you but I ask for real normal game/calculation point/argument.
I am sure than we all can get some replay where we own with some funny build, it still doesn't make them good ^_^

You say it is the best choice you had but tell us why?
I still don't see the real speciality of the earth and his real advantage to compensate his weakness : no stun, natural slow, skill implying weakness like slow and ultima making you stay still, ground skills only. (isn't this a lot?)