Official Battle Tanks Community
loading screen - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: loading screen (/showthread.php?tid=1979)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

loading screen - Cdek - 2008-07-05

I made this pictures for a battle tanks loading screen.
I don't know if it's important to have one, but a friend of mine asked me to make it...
-->Gschnötzeltes<--

Re: loading screen - psycho_dmr - 2008-07-05

no5 looks nice, but that comic-effect sucks ^^

the "problem" is, that btanks should have a low filesize and such a loadscreenimg can have up to 500kb.. :/

Re: loading screen - Cdek - 2008-07-05

I think even 1mb is possible, but I don't know if this is a big problem :-)

Re: loading screen - Exodus - 2008-07-05

Well, its pretty cool nevertheless.

And I think it would be even cooler with bigger tanks and more ... hm, of the environment, like trees and such. Although even then its pretty unlikely that we will use a custom load screen.

I love my holidays...
For those who have good eyes ^^ Now there are some trees in the foreground and a demolisher in the top-left corner.

Re: loading screen - TKF - 2008-07-05

I think you ruin the pictures with the explosions on all the screenshots.

But they are nice, but filesize is never nice, over 500kb is unacceptable!!!

No, no megasized battle tanks pic pls. A minimap picture of 48kb would be enough imo.

Re: loading screen - JpOO - 2008-07-05

Without that photoshop effects it will look better. I can Draw a rly nice picture in august.

A filesize <400kb is no problem.
@TKF: Why did I ruin the pictures with the explosions?
@ JpOO: Did you talk about the watercolor filter?

Re: loading screen - LuckyD0g - 2008-07-05

3jpg. I like the tank textures + its position.
Could you change the tank from 3 jpg.
And remove the exposion.

Re: loading screen - JpOO - 2008-07-05

Cdek Wrote:@ JpOO: Did you talk about the watercolor filter?
I talk about all filers and textures that you have used.
By the way I like 1st pic most of all.

I asked because I didn't make anything else with photoshop ;-)
I think without explosions the pictures would be boring...

Re: loading screen - horselance - 2008-07-05

Well i can draw a picture soon.
I will be finishing my recent drawing in 2-3 days. I will put a link in forum to my finished portrait. Tanks must be easier than portraitsSmile.

Picture must be small and must be replaced on loading screen map and must be mostly transparent instead making the whole picture including original background as background as Cdek did. Because Loading screen is made of seperate parts like background, map, Orcish Banner and side banners etc..

Re: loading screen - TKF - 2008-07-05

I'm unhappy about greatly increasing the mapsize of the map. But it's the mapper which decides if a loading screen should be used or not. A really nice artwork would be excellent.

hmmph... I will try to finish my portrait today. And will start tank tomorrow.

But first I want a concept if Exo or Nazgul wants something special. A special tank or special scene.

horselance Wrote:Picture must be small and must be replaced on loading screen map and must be mostly transparent instead making the whole picture including original background as background as Cdek did. Because Loading screen is made of seperate parts like background, map, Orcish Banner and side banners etc..
I don't know if I understand this right. Actually the loading screen is just a picture with a little animation in front.

In fact in most maps it is a whole picture. But that takes too much size. But you can also implement little pictures in existing loading screens as you understood right. But you can do this to specific location: replacing banner with a new banner for example. That takes much less size.

But there are only banners in the default loading screen. The campain loading screens are 4 pictures every time, aren't they?
Edit: Ok, I'm wrong.

Here's one without explosions->Meerjungfraumannfrau
As blp file with acceptable quality it is about 300 kb.

Re: loading screen - DerSatan - 2008-07-05

hmm i gotta say i like that picture.

it could have a small fighting part in it though, like an explosion or some projectiles around.

but not as huge as in the pictures you showed first Tongue .

anyway, nice you took some time for doing that.

i would like to see other screen suggestion though, so keep working guys Big Grin

Re: loading screen - MontyCoco - 2008-07-06

how about a flying missile shot by a light tank and attacking a helicopter?

Re: loading screen - psycho_dmr - 2008-07-06

the last img is rly nice i think! maybe you could add some "movement-tracks" to make it more dynamic?

btw, hättest du bock für uns auch eine webseite zu gestalten? - wenn ja schreib mir mal ne pnWink