Official Battle Tanks Community
Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Battle Tanks - Warcraft III (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand (/showthread.php?tid=3549)

Pages: 1 2

Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Wupti - 2012-10-31

I know many people might get angry with me, but here goes!Tongue
Am I the only one who think Troops is way too good for 2500 gold? or the only who wonder why the siegepart and the troop part cost the same when I think its obvious that the troopspart are superior to the siegepart? My suggestion is to reduce siege to 1500 while make troops cost 3500 (the troopcommand will stay as it is) since the siegepart is "useless" without the troop part but not vice versa.
please leave a comment about what u think (this is just a suggestion not a critisicmSmile )

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - stibi- - 2012-10-31

i hate you for this suggestion ...
... but i like itSmile

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - eSVau - 2012-10-31

The only problem i do have with (advanced) troop command/mortar team is if too many players do have them. There is almosts nothing to do against if everyone owns them...

tez.sick suggested a team limit which i would support. (or maybe somthing like a team cooldown)

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - stibi- - 2012-10-31

new gamemode:
itemmonopol - equal to tankmonopol ^^

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Perfektionist - 2012-10-31

but siegepack for 1500 is to cheap. For 2500 you have to think if you really need them. But for 1500 you buy them (1500 is nothing) and rape enemys base easyly.

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Wupti - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-31, 16:20:33)Perfektionist Wrote: but siegepack for 1500 is to cheap. For 2500 you have to think if you really need them. But for 1500 you buy them (1500 is nothing) and rape enemys base easyly.

well i dont agree here, besides the price for advanced isnt decreased since troops is more expensive so it would basically be same just a different share between the gold. if a guy ONLY buy siege (1500) i think it's a fair price actually. and if he buy whole package the price is still the same or am i wrongSmile ?

@esvau

Yes it's true mass mobs can be a problem, however I still think 2500 is too cheap for troops since they are a great defense + offense at the same time. way too often lane is captured early on because troops (mostly the 1x though) but troops is a popular item in games and no wonder due to their current strength

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Prog - 2012-10-31

I like the troops the way they are right now, making them more expensive would remove some early/mid game options and handicap Ghost/Guard. In many cases they are free gold/xp anyway due to the aoe spells.

Also here lies the only way i'd even consider them to be nerfed (if at all): More bounty. If the bounty is higher a well thought out use of the troops does not get weaker, but everytime you misuse the troops you lose more money. The bounty could also be something bound to the upgrades (so you dont get the troop command upgrades for free, but you kinda trade them).

(2012-10-31, 17:44:59)Wupti Wrote: well i dont agree here, besides the price for advanced isnt decreased since troops is more expensive so it would basically be same just a different share between the gold. if a guy ONLY buy siege (1500) i think it's a fair price actually. and if he buy whole package the price is still the same or am i wrongSmile ?

I was talking about only "Siegepack". Right now its perfect. You need normaly 5-10 seconds to take a small cannonbase tower down and another 10-15 seconds to take the better cannonbase tower down. For the big tower you need 20 seconds or more. (waiting for creeps) But if the price is 1500 i bet with you every good player will buy them and go the the enemy base and will (talking about sidelane) take everytower down under 4 seconds and you got a big hole in your base diffence. If you are 10 seconds away he come back and destroy the rest of your base...

(2012-10-31, 19:46:21)Prog Wrote: I like the troops the way they are right now, making them more expensive would remove some early/mid game options and handicap Ghost/Guard. In many cases they are free gold/xp anyway due to the aoe spells.

Also here lies the only way i'd even consider them to be nerfed (if at all): More bounty. If the bounty is higher a well thought out use of the troops does not get weaker, but everytime you misuse the troops you lose more money. The bounty could also be something bound to the upgrades (so you dont get the troop command upgrades for free, but you kinda trade them).

well i dont dislike troops at all either i like them, but if i look at the game critical i think some items are imbalanced at the moment, where troops is one of the bad boys with maintenance and deflective. if you look how much you currently pay for troops it's 2500 which is equal to 1 electro un upg og plasma upg. i simply find troops way more powerful when compared to other items, but then again it's hard to compare weapons, numlock items, and defensive items. Troops works fine with any tank, so i dont see how it specifically harm ghost or guard that much (even though i know it works for them too), and besides the cost for advanced troop command stays the same, which any ghost, guard would go anyway.

@ perfektionist
I understand your point of view, about it being too cheap but then come with another alternativeSmile
My point of view:

What siegepack can do:
-Destroy towers (so can weapons)
-Minor cover

What Troops can do:
-Cover/Conquer Cp
-Give u perfect cover and escape easy
-Do around 1-2k dmg per sec if used effectively
-Help kill base/towers aswell

so i dont see why these 2 items have same cost Huh

(2012-10-31, 20:57:02)Wupti Wrote: well i dont dislike troops at all either i like them, but if i look at the game critical i think some items are imbalanced at the moment, where troops is one of the bad boys with maintenance and deflective. if you look how much you currently pay for troops it's 2500 which is equal to 1 electro un upg og plasma upg. i simply find troops way more powerful when compared to other items, but then again it's hard to compare weapons, numlock items, and defensive items. Troops works fine with any tank, so i dont see how it specifically harm ghost or guard that much (even though i know it works for them too), and besides the cost for advanced troop command stays the same, which any ghost, guard would go anyway.

@ perfektionist
I understand your point of view, about it being too cheap but then come with another alternativeSmile
My point of view:

What siegepack can do:
-Minor cover

What Troops can do:
-Cover/Conquer Cp

But troops are easy to counter. One havy ulti, air tank ulti or thunder and all troops are dead.

Troops are useless if you dont got some other weapons. Thats why it isnt rentable to buy one firecannon and after 5 min troops. Troops are too slow and only reallygood if you try to conquer a cp. Then its better to buy a second weapon and buy troops at the cp.

I like them how they are^^

(2012-10-31, 21:57:18)Perfektionist Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 20:57:02)Wupti Wrote: well i dont dislike troops at all either i like them, but if i look at the game critical i think some items are imbalanced at the moment, where troops is one of the bad boys with maintenance and deflective. if you look how much you currently pay for troops it's 2500 which is equal to 1 electro un upg og plasma upg. i simply find troops way more powerful when compared to other items, but then again it's hard to compare weapons, numlock items, and defensive items. Troops works fine with any tank, so i dont see how it specifically harm ghost or guard that much (even though i know it works for them too), and besides the cost for advanced troop command stays the same, which any ghost, guard would go anyway.

@ perfektionist
My point of view:

What siegepack can do:
-Minor cover

What Troops can do:
-Cover/Conquer Cp

But troops are easy to counter. One havy ulti, air tank ulti or thunder and all troops are dead.
vs heavy? yes if used like a retardTongue besides it will give u 1-2 sec cover vs airship (before ulti land if he hit perfect) and same against thunder passive aura (if you are crazy enough to take him head on, ramboTongue).
right now there's only a few effective ways to counter troops and one of them is to simply buy troops yourself. I repeat i don't dislike troops, but they are way too overused.

-fun fact: in my last 20 games the average is 5-6 (104 out of 200) players who buy troops (not adv all)

and no ofcause you usually dont buy troops after 5 min, but that's the same for siegepack. And yes troops might be slow, but i you play with a good range you can outrange your opponent and when he try to approach you they are godlikeSmile

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - LoveComesAgain - 2012-10-31

mb increase time of cd?

(2012-10-31, 22:23:36)LoveComesAgain Wrote: mb increase time of cd?

I don't think this would do any difference to be honest, besides the siege cd is already greeater than the troops which just imbalance it even more.
the fact that troops and siegepack cost the same is just funny, when any decent player know that troops beats siegepack..

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - LIoOoOoIL - 2012-10-31

Im up to u Wupti, but arent 3k and 2k not already enough? 3.5k is close to dismiss them in the early game phase and 1.5k for mortars is probably to cheap and could even seduce ppl to destroy buildings instead.

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Wupti - 2012-11-01

(2012-10-31, 22:49:10)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: Im up to u Wupti, but arent 3k and 2k not already enough? 3.5k is close to dismiss them in the early game phase and 1.5k for mortars is probably to cheap and could even seduce ppl to destroy buildings instead.

hm u might be right, 3,5k and 2,5k was just a suggestion. What i know is the items are imbalanced as they are nowTongue

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Perfektionist - 2012-11-01

Some stats:

(Each tower ~350 gold)
Siege Pack:
2500 = 7 tower for positiv gold (4 whit selling of siegep.)

1500 = 4 tower for positiv gold (2 whit selling of siegep.)

In my opinion i never got problems with troopcomander.

My favorit tactic and its good versus all combinations of tanksBig Grin

0 min: Medi+Basic
5 min: Medi+Basic+Basic+Basic
10 min: Medi+Basic+Basic+Basic+Steel
15 min: Medi+Basic+Basic+Basic+Steel+Fireball
20 min: Medi+uppBasic+uppBasic+uppBasic+Steel+Fireball
25-30 min: HAVY+uppBasic+uppBasic+uppBasic+Steel+Fireball
30 min: HAVY+uppBasic+uppBasic+uppBasic+Steel+Fireball+Speed
40-45 min: HAVY+uppBasic+uppBasic+LIGHTING+Steel+Fireball+Speed
50-55 min: HAVY+uppBasic+LIGHTING+LIGHTING+Steel+Fireball+Speed
65-75 min: FROST+uppBasic+LIGHTING+LIGHTING+Steel+Fireball+Speed
80 min: FROST+uppBasic+LIGHTING+LIGHTING+Steel+Fireball+upSpeed
85 min: FROST+uppBasic+LIGHTING+LIGHTING+Steel+Fireball+SPEEDPACK
a. s. o.^^

aaahhh while im writing my tactic (stupid) i know why they dont like the fact that troops cost 2500... only rangeplayer are crying because they dont hit there target hahahahahahSmile

i hope rangeweapons will be nerved soon. (http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3503&page=3)

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - Prog - 2012-11-01

(2012-10-31, 22:11:23)Wupti Wrote: -fun fact: in my last 20 games the average is 5-6 (104 out of 200) players who buy troops (not adv all)

Another fun fact: if I check the last 10 games in the league history right now (gameid 33909-33899) I can find ~21 people who may have used a troop command. 21 out of 100.

Also it is well known that some kits work better with troops than others (e.g. ghost ultimate), so any change to troops are a nerf for those tanks. Also some currently somewhat viable strats would cease to exist (e.g. any scout+troop start or Antigrav with 1 11xx gold weapon and troops after 5 min). I really dislike the trend to streamline the first 20 minutes of the game to allow only tank + normal midrange weapons + hull builds. (That includes, but is not limited to, the no-tinker-, no explosives-, no mines-, no longrange-, no troops- or no factory-movements) It turns battletanks into a very boring game.

Quote:well i dont dislike troops at all either i like them, but if i look at the game critical i think some items are imbalanced at the moment, where troops is one of the bad boys with maintenance and deflective.

If I look at the game critically troops look fine to me.

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - UnifiedDoom - 2012-11-01

(2012-10-31, 20:57:02)Wupti Wrote: What siegepack can do:
-Minor cover

Well you gotta remember siege pack outranges towers (no weapons that can hit towers can), and it's very easy to drop mortars and then move somewhere else and be useful while they seige the base, you can't do this with weapons of course. needless to say the dps/gold vs buildings is also a hell of a lot higher.

Anyway while scout+troops is about as viable as tinker+ice Dodgy I think his suggestion about increasing the bounty over time is probalbly the best idea.

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - EarthR - 2012-11-01

(2012-10-31, 22:49:10)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: Im up to u Wupti, but arent 3k and 2k not already enough? 3.5k is close to dismiss them in the early game phase and 1.5k for mortars is probably to cheap and could even seduce ppl to destroy buildings instead.

make troops 3.5 k mortals 2.5 k and the siegepack upgrate cost 0 so you have the same final prizeSmile

(2012-11-01, 02:22:55)Prog Wrote: Also it is well known that some kits work better with troops than others (e.g. ghost ultimate), so any change to troops are a nerf for those tanks. Also some currently somewhat viable strats would cease to exist (e.g. any scout+troop start or Antigrav with 1 11xx gold weapon and troops after 5 min).
i havent seen anyone use scout troops start since Althend stop playing Tongue

RE: Troops, Siege and Troopcommand - ckibibi - 2012-11-01

Imo, troops are fine now.
They already get a nerf in the past when you could spawn 10 units (instead of 5 now). and If I liked the troops, I agree that it was imbalanced compared to other stuff in game.
But now the troops if used bad is worse than any weaps in the game.

@Wupti I also think that you tend to see more troops cause players finally understand that to do proper siege you have more chance with troops commands. And the first step to troops command is most of the time troops and not mortar. But there are still lot of players who dont buy this and prefer weapons.
As for mortar they are really good to pressure base after a line cp conquer and I do think 2,5k is worth it.
The 2 items have different purpose and now they seem very well balanced.

@Prog, I agree scout plus troops is good start if played well. It is a build very usefull in some cases. Of course you ll need more micro and more teamplay.
I also think that ghost, guard and a little heavy will be penalised (from my games : Sometimes when I choose those kind of thech I choose to up the team armor and weapons to have more pressure with all kind of troops. It is already hard to see the impact of the upgrade on the game so if you nerf the main item that profit from this...Confused) And it is fun to play with troopsTongue.
And antigrav without troops will be boring, as it is one of the best tank to use this item early. So like you I Dont want to see the troop nerf and see less variety of builds.

As for the mass troops, 2 main cases :
  • else you are sieged and well it is one of the best choice for ennemy team to end game faster.
  • else you are trying to cap cp and I really dont think that If your team choose mass troops against a good teamplay you ll do something (orbital and any kind of aoe will obliterate all troops and made your team waste their gold). Or your team will spawn their troops one by one, but if ennemys are not dumb they will save their aoe for troops and for the time when you dont spawn troops you fight with one less weaps than ennemy.

Only time when troops are allmighty is first 10-15min when noones has good aoe and they are spawn at cp : but here the main problem is map awarness and teamping to prevent this. (but you still bet 400 gold for troops or 2500 to do this kind of things and if it is countered you risk to fall in gold).