Official Battle Tanks Community
High penalty consequence - Printable Version

+- Official Battle Tanks Community (https://btanks.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Competition & Tournaments (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: League (https://btanks.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: High penalty consequence (/showthread.php?tid=90)

High penalty consequence - eSVau - 2011-02-21

There are people with very high penalty due leaving on purpose, being kicked, unstable client, etc. Whatever their reason or cause might be such people continually killing games.

Currently penalty is calculated by
Code:
penalty = 10 + 40 * ( 1 - time_percentage_stayed_in_this_and_19_games_before ))
which results into a penalty between 10 points and (theo.) 50 points. Every nice completed game will drop penalty by 1.

But there are people who have to play way more than 100 games to erase their penalty...Confusedhock:

Therefore high penalty will be punished in a currently undecided way!My idea is about sending them back to qualify somehow.

Suggestions are welcome.

Re: High penalty consequence - Ger-Dyers-Eve - 2011-02-21

People with high penalty can just create new account.

Re: High penalty consequence - Velocity2k - 2011-02-21

Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:People with high penalty can just create new account.
  • new account: 15 games
  • get rid of some penalty points to play on ranked again: <= 15 games (at least most of the time)
;)

Re: High penalty consequence - stibi- - 2011-02-21

milout for example got close to 5xx points penalty
162x elo

he's playing for fun and not for ranking (leaving game when you got a faggy team etc)

either add a (point) value you have to reach to play on the ranked bot or leave it the way it is

Re: High penalty consequence - AGGInator - 2011-02-22

add a frontier where those guys can't enter the ranked bot anymore.
the only thing to enter ranked is to play 15 games and to hold your stay%, lategame leaves will add penalty but wouldn't affect the stay% the same way.
there must be some values which must be targeted to keep playing the ranked bot.

additionally the new assist system should be used for this, too. if a player is below a defined worth he should get punished by penalty, too. it's not hard to get assistpoints but some don't care anything... it's annoying.

Re: High penalty consequence - TKF - 2011-02-23

Sending them back to qualify sounds a bit hard. I have a different angle of suggesting a penalty. If a player has over 150 penalty points for example, he will lose 100 points permanently and then get back to 50 penalty points. I'm not sure if the formula or the calculation system would be messed up with this suggestion.'

But it will be cruel somehow to send players who have played many games straight back to qualify, there is some players which like that they have stats of many games played and do not want to lose that, despite if they might be an average league player in terms of skills they want to keep the data.

Re: High penalty consequence - Velocity2k - 2011-02-23

TKF Wrote:Sending them back to qualify sounds a bit hard. I have a different angle of suggesting a penalty. If a player has over 150 penalty points for example, he will lose 100 points permanently and then get back to 50 penalty points. I'm not sure if the formula or the calculation system would be messed up with this suggestion.'
The elo is aimed to represent the skill of a player and shouldn't be changed elsewhere.

Re: High penalty consequence - ikmam - 2011-02-23

stibi- Wrote:milout for example got close to 5xx points penalty
162x elo

he's playing for fun and not for ranking (leaving game when you got a faggy team etc)

either add a (point) value you have to reach to play on the ranked bot or leave it the way it is

http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=325

elo 1667 / 260 penalty ... nromally rang 20

Re: High penalty consequence - AGGInator - 2011-02-24

lol.. who vote for 25??
thats just 2-3 games!!!!

Re: High penalty consequence - Helge_F. - 2011-03-03

what happened to the idea of using gproxy++ with the new reconnect tool ?
if u have the possibility to reconnect, u can raise the penalty without punishing the wrong guys.

my connection broke for about 30sec, np i can refresh everything exept the games .. this sucks

Re: High penalty consequence - GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2011-03-06

Filling games isn't a problem anymore. The problem is leavers and noobs.

There are a number of leavers and noobs that join games and ruin them; yet are still able to come back. We need to send people back to qualify bot, and qualify bot should require a 10 wins with a reasonable k:d ratio, otherwise they should not graduate to league ranked bot.

I like your idea tho, please implement a 100 point penalty threshold and send those people back to the qualify bot.

- Rob

Re: High penalty consequence - xenocide85 - 2011-03-07

While I hate it when ppl leave on purpose (sell all their items), etc. - I think there should be a clear understanding that unstable client is NOT something you can control. I have a have penalty for leaving, and almost every time it's b/c I get a blue screen. I don't know why I would get them more frequently than others, I have a good gfx card and computer, but I see no reason in penalizing ppl for something they can't control. The other players can be banned through normal channels.

Re: High penalty consequence - Velocity2k - 2011-03-07

xenocide85 Wrote:I have a have penalty for leaving, and almost every time it's b/c I get a blue screen. I don't know why I would get them more frequently than others, I have a good gfx card and computer, but I see no reason in penalizing ppl for something they can't control.
"...they can't control"? It's definitely your "good gfx card and computer". It's your OS, drivers or even the hardware which is causing the problem.

Did you have a look at the bluescreen? Normally you can find out where the problem is by reading it.

Re: High penalty consequence - JK_Livingstone - 2011-03-08

Suggestion:

Give people the possibility to reduce penalty points by playing qualify. As a chance and a penalty! A nice finished game in qualify can reduce like 5 penaltypoints insted of just 1 or maybe 10 % of ur actuall points.

I started a good idea - work out the details ;-)

Re: High penalty consequence - torokid - 2011-03-09

I'll agree and disagree with GEN_Schwarzkopf. There is a lot of noobs, whois kill the game with theres skill lvl but to get up to ranked bots bt k/d isn't what a guy need there is a lot of other things whois more important then the kill ratio.

Re: High penalty consequence - GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2011-03-13

Torokid: I agree that there is much more than k:d to assess skill level; thus the need to only ensure this ratio is sufficiently low to not preclude players that tend to take supporting roles. However it needs to be sufficiently high to weed out those who needs a few more weeks on qualify bot before graduating to RANKED bot and ruining games for everyone.

I also like the idea of letting players reduce their ranked penalty by playing qualify.

- Rob

Re: High penalty consequence - Teo_live - 2011-03-22

GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:There are a number of leavers and noobs that join games and ruin them; yet are still able to come back. We need to send people back to qualify bot, and qualify bot should require a 10 wins with a reasonable k:d ratio, otherwise they should not graduate to league ranked bot.
I completely disagree with this.

This will just encourage "stat whores". Players who are absolutely useless in all regards except getting the last hit... Also quite often the K:D of someone has little to do with how well/poor they were as a team player. One of the best supporters in our team had the worst score of us all. People should not get penalized for K:D, especially while assists only exist in beta.

Re: High penalty consequence - wolfheart - 2011-03-22

umm so i am with
2997 TinkerMania (3) 1380.73 1594.46 213.73 152 139 33 2011-03-11 16:45:57

So i have 1 of 11 game crash, disconnect. So i should not play ranked ? lol

Re: High penalty consequence - GEN_Schwarzkopf - 2011-03-25

The new support and assist tracking is great, I'd love to see this incorporated in overall score and Statistics summary.

Finally recognition for honorable play!

- Rob

Re: High penalty consequence - JK_Livingstone - 2011-03-27

wanna remind the idea to delete more penalty points in qualify games

thx