Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new balanced upgrades
With most games, it always comes down to people getting Titans, or something near that level, because the early tanks end up being too weak... but what if you want to stick with that old tank of yours? Sure, one could buy Gold Hulls to bulk up, but the Titan-users could do the same thing, and it means less weaponry space, so you're still going to be weaker than them.

I propose a new buyable upgrade that will affect the stats, and perhaps skills, of a tank, but either the number of upgrades or the effectiveness of them will be determined by the tank you are using. A Scout Tank would get a large bonus, while a Titan, which is already pretty powerful, will only get a minor but still decent bonus, so things will be balanced between the various tank types in the end. It seems fine because this isn't something like Tank Wars. Everyone gets the same number of inventory slots.

I just want to see more balance for those with other preferences. People shouldn't be forced to pick Hunters, Frost Robots and Titans to keep up.
Jeff Wrote:With most games, it always comes down to people getting Titans, or something near that level, ...
only in hb and hb is not supposed to be balanced!
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
SCorpA1 Wrote:
Jeff Wrote:With most games, it always comes down to people getting Titans, or something near that level, ...
only in hb and hb is not supposed to be balanced!

True
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I think the word you are looking for is "variety", as these upgrades would not be balanced. Tanks are meant to be outclassed, forcing you to change some point in the game. Every tank has its own niche, but it will be obsolete at some time. We also have tanks that are meant to be weak, but have amazing abilities to make up for it. Take the scout for example. It's fast, good defense, excellent creeper, and it has nets. You're suggesting that scout could be used in end game. A 10k hp scout without hulls would be retardedly strong, plus you get to benefit from his creeping abilites all throughout the game with no fear of being overshadowed by more expensive tanks. Other tanks simply won't make the cut. Abilities are meant to scale as people get bigger tanks. Light tanks rocket skill won't have as big a effect as it would normally have in the beginning of the game, where it was meant to be used.

You are also suggesting a flyer that isn't as slow as Sky Fortress, but will also have some of its bulk. Why do you think Fortress was so slow to start with? He was meant to be incredibly bulky at the cost of speed, but with these upgrades you can benefit with Jet Propulsion and also have the HP to stand against titans. To put it into simple terms, you have all around great tanks such as Sky Tank that were meant to be outclassed by stronger tanks, but with these upgrades you can keep the tank without sacrificing bulk. The strongest tanks have some balance to keep them from being too powerful, the tanks before them were only balanced by HP.
Going long range in mid takes no skill, so stop telling yourselves otherwise.
A very late game scout is uber in support. Has massive range on making a rune, anywhere. Its a better healer than medivac!
๏̮๏
Dr.McNinja Wrote:A very late game scout is uber in support. Has massive range on making a rune, anywhere. Its a better healer than medivac!
thats right!
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Well, 25% rune healing is really imba for big tanks. I can't disagree with that.
Ive NEVER seen it used well and i've only supported friends well as scout twice. This was when ally titan was running out of enemy base, i shot my artillery cannon of a heal rune next to him and he picked up quickly. % based stuff always scales nicely Tongue

This would be one situation where voice chat will help in bt (with friends). It could also help friends who are pinned down in a corner or something. Or distract noobs. Hahahaa they always pick them up.
๏̮๏
Guard lategame support >> Scout IMO - you got a 30% AOE heal and entangle, which is basically a freekill generator.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Upgrades to beat Titan Wars Teo_live 26 21,654 2012-09-06, 16:55:43
Last Post: Teo_live
  Remote Fuse only buy-able after 2-4 Upgrades AoKiji 4 3,239 2012-01-06, 15:47:03
Last Post: progg
  Add weapons upgrades requirement before you can purchase the high tier weapons Vitriol 1 2,629 2011-04-13, 01:21:58
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  Hull Upgrades - [tomes] scron2 11 5,530 2010-01-05, 05:58:31
Last Post: scron2
  Armor, Weapon and Aura upgrades the truth 4 2,973 2009-01-25, 20:34:21
Last Post: ChronicStoned