Poll: Do you want to have two additional player slots or rather place for observer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I want to have a 6vs6 map
38.10%
16 38.10%
I want to have a 5vs5 map, with two possible observer
61.90%
26 61.90%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow 6 players pr team instead of 5
SCorpA1 Wrote:i think its the thing, that there wouldnt be a 1on1 on the lanes anymore. i payed a game yesterday, were a teammate came to me on the lane and cause of this there were also 2 enemys. so it was a 2vs2 on the lane and i couldnt play well.

Oh noes! Somebody came in "your" lane? What will you do?!

The team that works together will win. Having a teammate come to your lane, with the deliberate purpose of *drawing* a second enemy into your lane, is a good strat. This can help a teammate who is struggling in another lane. In general, it's good to force the enemy to do things. It means you're in control. Unfortunately it sounds like you weren'tWink
STUPID IDEA !!
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
batrider Wrote:
SCorpA1 Wrote:i think its the thing, that there wouldnt be a 1on1 on the lanes anymore. i payed a game yesterday, were a teammate came to me on the lane and cause of this there were also 2 enemys. so it was a 2vs2 on the lane and i couldnt play well.

Oh noes! Somebody came in "your" lane? What will you do?!

The team that works together will win. Having a teammate come to your lane, with the deliberate purpose of *drawing* a second enemy into your lane, is a good strat. This can help a teammate who is struggling in another lane. In general, it's good to force the enemy to do things. It means you're in control. Unfortunately it sounds like you weren'tWink

it was just a public btanks game...
if i had sad something like "lets do some teamworks and pwn those noobs" he woulde have sad "f*ck you its just an public game im doing what i want"
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
I think we could make the map playable as 6v6 and introduca a Observer tank witch would be flying and invulnerable without any attacks and slots. So ppls could play 6v6 imba mode if they want as they are playing HB
i really would like playing 6vs6 sometimes, however, its true that once there are 6 possible slots, there will always be 6vs6 games only... and i think 5vs5 is somehow better for btanks, because you can still know most of the enemy tanks and so on, in a 6vs6 its very likely that you dont see a player at all until hes overfed

5vs5 is perfectly working, so we dont really need a 6vs6, and an aranged team of 6 players is rare, too

changed my vote from 6vs6 to 5vs5, though i dont really see any reason for observers, as you can still observe the enemies while playing... it could only be useful to idle and sometimes watch the game state or something like that

i would love some 6vs6 games, but just as an exception, however 4vs4 (for which creeps are perfectly balanced) is the exception, like 5vs5 will be when theres a 6vs6 possible

the only way to fix it would be double creeps on the lanes, but i like the idea of a center battlefield and two side lanes, so... 5vs5
5VS5 ALL THE WAY I DONT EVEN CONSIDER ....6VS6
i voted no since i'm worried about bugs and balance issues with re-coding. but if you're confident that you can do it and not fuck up the force gold equations and keep the same gold ratios per player with 6v6 then i'm all for it. It would be really cool, putting in the observers is pretty nice already. I'm wondering if you could still have observers if you had 12 possible players.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
6v6 is a nice idea if you could keep it balance. I usually play BT hosted by bot and the observers are closed anyway. But I agree that usually 1v1 on a line could not be able anymore...Also games hosted by bots players whould need to wait more. Sometimes I need to wait for a really long time when a game starts and two more players will make it even more longer.
I would like to see 6v6 sometimes for fun but I really don't know will it be better or not since I haven't played it...
Actually I've never seen a game with observers so far....

Doesn't seem like players would care to have observers ingame, altough could be funny if someone arranged tournaments or something.
Personally i think 6 players per team are too much. And there are observer games (rarely public ones, but private ones).
(unreal) suggestion:

with new mappers, make a btanks classic (5v5, old map) and a btanks <coolnamehere> (6v6) with new layout and maybe 3 (almost) equal lanes, then 2v2 on every lane.

but this "new" map should be parallel to the old one at first and then the community will choose, if it want 5v5 "old" or 6v6 "new".
No Support via PM!!
I think that you should be able to test a 6vs6 becasuse the way we imagine us that differs very much
GAY MAP 6VS6 ^^
What's the more realistic problem for making 6vs6 ? Balance doesn't look like an issue, I've seen 5vs5 on a side lane and it handles just fine.

I don't see a reason for not implementing it.
Hmm, developing two btanks versions at the same time is too much work and a bit senseless since it would divide the playing community :/
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Training by Elite Players sherl0ck 1 3,323 2014-06-21, 10:58:39
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Promote team play Max 7 5,989 2014-02-13, 19:08:16
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Players ruining games psycodiver 3 3,279 2013-12-24, 04:41:25
Last Post: gozo1985
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 9,078 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL