Poll: How should artillery shot be changed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Get rid of the channeling requirement
53.33%
8 53.33%
Change the spell animation so that channeling makes sense
6.67%
1 6.67%
Just add a tooltip
20.00%
3 20.00%
Don't change anything
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo Artillery hit does not register
I don't have a replay for this but sometimes when I artillery shot an enemy the projectile animation and little explosion afterward clearly show the enemy being hit but no damage is done.

edit: added poll
It is the same for helicopter bombard. you must stay still in order to makes it work.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
wow .. I didn't realise it was sort of channeling. My first instinct was always to animation cancel as soon as I see the projectile leave. :S
same for anti grav plasma shot
lol i had this argument before with a friend which ended up no where.

Yes for all of those weapons, you have to stay still in order for the special to take effect or else it will do no damage at all.

I argued that demo artillery should take effect no matter what because it's just logical for a stun projectile that has already been fired to do some damage -- just like light tank, just like helicopter, just like anti-grav.

He argues that logic or sense has no part in it. Simply because the artillery does enough damage as it is and you're expected to use the mega long range given to you.

Then I argue about price structure. Demo is more than twice the price of light tank so it should be given the same privilege if not more. Damage of specials are justified. I also I argued that demo is quite the crappy build at the start because it forces the person to buy a weapon and almost always loses to a shredder pro.

Then I can't remember what we argued after. lol

But I wonder, if two demos are on the brink of death and they fire artillery at each other. Is it fair that only one dies?
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
hmm i noticed this many times and its really annoying because if you stun the enemy and he is not dead (1-200hp) after the shot and you want to kill him while he is stunned and you have to wait unitl he is stunned you lose a lot of time.

plz fix it if its possible
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
i wish all those spells which are channeling said "channeling" in their tooltips. or else be fixed so that they aren't channeling. it's really confusing when you first notice it and i know i thought some one was hacking once becasue of it.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I agree with qweq
+1 for qweq. The animation is misleading for it to be a channeling spell. Maybe change it to something like a laser designator that calls in a strike. Then channeling would make sense.
Artillery shot is still very good as a finishing move. But the stun is useless while you have to wait 1+ seconds, it stuns 1 seconds and you even lose time using this ability.
Trolololo
+1

but i think light tanks swarm rockets do also dmg while moving, the spell just stops when u move but it does dmg
Plasma Rain and Swarm Rockets does damage in ~1.5-2sec and deals damage relatively to channeling time. If you move at half casting time then it deals half damage. But the rockets-plasmas are randomly sent so dealt damage is according to sent projectiles.
But Artillery Shot totally wasted if you move before hit.
Trolololo
You mean the plasma cluster from antigrav I suppose. Yes thats true.

Well I also experienced being stunned just while my Artillery Shot was activated and it didnt do damage too.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
+1:
remove all that 'channeling' stuff from the game. It is more than just annoying...
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
its not in the game because bob/exo thought these skills should require a bit time to wait before the effect kicks in, its because the skill they are based on has it. i think its the flame skill of the human blood mage, which also the sky tank has. by keeping this skill as base, it will not be possible to remove the short "channeling" time from these skills.

and btw: i think if you try with artillery shot how long you have to stand still in order to make it work, you will notice that its really less than its stun time, meaning you can catch a tank with it.

horselance Wrote:Plasma Rain (you meant plasma cluster) and Swarm Rockets does damage in ~1.5-2sec and deals damage relatively to channeling time. If you move at half casting time then it deals half damage. But the rockets-plasmas are randomly sent so dealt damage is according to sent projectiles.
But Artillery Shot totally wasted if you move before hit.

if you start swarm rockets or plasma cluster, then move as fast as you have to move to make an artillery shot wasted, both swarm rockets and plasma rain will will have no effect.

and there is no randomness in these skills. they just deal their damage in waves (like the "original" flamestrike of sky tank"). just that artillery shot and bombardment just have one wave, and this is, of course, the first.

to remove this small part of the effects, i think its necessary to completely script these skills. im not too experienced here, maybe exodus can tell moer about the alternatives to status quo.
They are not based on Flame Strike. They are based on "Cluster Rockets". And in fact there is no randomness at all because damage interval is too low yes..
Trolololo
well it does matter:
you are demolisher, low on hp hunted by 2 enemys
one enemy retreats, but hes still inrange-you can kill him with artillerie shot!
you use the skill
and
a) you wait till it hits(and does dmg..)-> the second enemy kills you while you cannot move =>1kill and 1death
b)you wait till it hits..->the second enemy kills you while you cannot move BEFORE the shot hits the retreating enemy => 1death and 0 kills
c)you keep running cause you know that shitty shot will kill you too and so you will survive
@horselance

He was using flame strike as an example. Althought I comepletely agree with the fact that timing and skill is part of those abilities, it seems like more of an annoyance while 'being skilled' in timing those abilities to give a miniscule amount of advantage. Simply put, It seems pointless in keeping this game mechanic (timing of skills) because it annoys more than anything else.

My solution other than remove channeling would be for the skill/mana to be 'used' only when damage is done.

It is quite nice when i use one of those chanelling abilities in a chase with perfect timing but its just not a big deal.
(having perfect timing on these skills allow you to continue moving using only the minimum time needed to cast)
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demo Ulti Oil ckibibi 3 3,463 2012-01-31, 01:44:07
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  [8.70] Demolisher Artillery Shot ssl 9 7,270 2010-07-06, 10:23:05
Last Post: TKF
  Wont let me register for Beta League psycodiver 3 3,298 2010-05-19, 17:52:22
Last Post: Paladon
  [8.60] Demolisher artillery bug Prog 8 6,334 2009-06-23, 22:23:27
Last Post: Exodus
  Artillery only ground mode does not attack buildings. Doomhammer112 2 2,167 2009-05-29, 15:40:19
Last Post: Doomhammer112