Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Commands
Just wondering if anyone happens to know the commands for AI??
Thank youBig Grin
what do you mean?
commands for enabling leaverai, afkai?
or do you mean commands like "attack upperleft cp"
specific commands for telling the bots what to do dont exist as far as i know
Is it possible to make commands to talk with AI? I mean to make commands like "-ldc" (left down CP), "-muc" (middle up CP), "-eb" (enemy base) that you can simply tell bot what to do like if you want to tele with bot into same CP to kill a enemy?
It's possible, but it's also a lot of time consuming work and I don't really have much time, neither now nor in the future.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Hmm thats sad. But can Bob666 deal with it? I haven't seen him for a while and I think he might be busy. And I don't really know who are good mappers except Bob666 and Exodus. And I don't know almost nothing about mapping...
For Bob the project BT is finished. The last things he did for BT were the Earth Robot and the Junkyard. But that was one year ago. When he's mapping now, he's working either on his Supreme Commander maps, his Flight Simulator or the 2D-Engine. So I don't think he has the time and will to work on BT again.
Thats sad...So there isn't much people to deal with it...
The AI command I would like to see is for the simple command b so that AI will not suicide trying to take over a CP, but will return to nearest friendly CP, just like a player would.
This would be really nice. Also you can prevent AI from going to certain death in battlefield. The command should be as
"-b". If it would be as "b" it will be not good because its used already to tell other players to go back. The only problem is that if theres more then one AI there will be needed more options like "-b1" (back red), "-b3" (back teal) etc...and of course "-ba" (back all).
And i think for this there must be a "team leader" system. Only team leaders can give these commands. For me most important command is to send AI to defined lane -a1 m, -a1 d, -a1 u .. This would be very nice..
Trolololo
I think this can be checked with a AI script, so the AI can withdraw when the player uses CPTP. If the incoming tank is worth more than the ai value, it keeps a safe distance when the player starts teleporting as if there was a tank there (Maybe a tp dummy?)...

I'm quite sure this isn't so hard to implement.
horselance Wrote:And i think for this there must be a "team leader" system. Only team leaders can give these commands. For me most important command is to send AI to defined lane -a1 m, -a1 d, -a1 u .. This would be very nice..
I agree with it that it would be desided by the team leader. I suggest that team leader could be choosen like "-tl 6" (team leader orange) and only that team can vote "-no" and "-yes" to prevent that any new player wont be a team leader. The team leader should have a option "resgin a new team leader" with command.For example: "-rntl8". All team players should have the option as vote "remove team leader status" for example "-rtls" (no numbers needed). When a team leader leaves game the team needs to vote for a new team leader. Also players should apply for team leader like "-tl" (will have a vote starting as 0-0 will you choose him to be as team leader). Team leader is better choise because some players might use command "-b" in wrong time (or other commands). If there will be only one player in the team he will be automaticly the team leader.
TKF Wrote:I think this can be checked with a AI script, so the AI can withdraw when the player uses CPTP. If the incoming tank is worth more than the ai value, it keeps a safe distance when the player starts teleporting as if there was a tank there (Maybe a tp dummy?)...

I'm quite sure this isn't so hard to implement.
That's already implemented, but somehow ignored by the bots ... well, maybe I'll find the reason for this some day.
I know this might sound like a bad way of fixing things, but a temporary invisible untargetable dummy do work as a unit (at least in the OS 7.55). Make one created when someone TP's and make it last 2 sec... AI naturally keeps distance from them.
That's exactly what I did.
in the OS version the AI can react to invis units, but in the current bt version they cant, am i right?
maybe this is the problem...

Quote:Changelog v 8.54
AI isn't able to spot invisible units anymore
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
When the AI goes for CP capture mode, they ignore non hero units blocking. (I think)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stealthbot custom commands Dr.McNinja 1 1,767 2009-05-06, 16:52:47
Last Post: Dr.McNinja