Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balance troop command
Troop Command in its current state is just too imbalanced for early-mid game play. As of right now it can be used as a defensive/offensive rocket sponge that is virtually unable to be defended against. It is a good idea, but the current stats and use of this item is unbalanced for early game. The money received from killing the troops is far too low, but the money return to the user is high. Also, the cooldown is way too fast and can be used in "waves" to be pretty much untouchable. By the time you kill one wave, there is already new (dark force or light force) troops in your face and when you have dealt with those, troop command is ready again to continue the cycle. I just think this item needs to be revised in some way.

Balance Ideas?
------------------
Make the cooldown longer
Decrease the amount of troops spawned
Increase the cost
Make spawned creeps bounty higher
------------------

*Not saying that all these need to be implemented, just some of the ideas that would make it more balanced.
I think it's well balanced. It's no problem to handle one tank with troop command 1v1 in early/midgame by playing a bit more defensivly.
No offense Prog, but I have yet to see you actually agreeing to any suggestion made. Did you notice you answer is everytime the same? According to you, the map has to be perfectWink

@Topic
I actually thought about buffing the TC again, heh. At least at later stages in the game, its just not what it used to be. And 5 units are not that much. So decreasing the number of troops and also increasing the price won't happen. The price is just right and allows some different strategies that I don't want to remove.

The other suggestions are viable options, increasing the bounty has been suggested before. Maybe someone else wants to leave some comments about this here.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Thank you very much for your answer Exodus.

I actually agree with you about buffing it later game. I am referring to the first 5-25 min of the game where most only have 1 weapon and usually no type of hull. It could be a 1vs1 fight and troop command gets used and the summoned units basically become a shield that makes the target tank almost un-hittable and usually end up dying. But I do think upping the spawned units bounty would be a big step.

Cheers
When I play against a player with only TC, I usually make him feed me by 16-1 or so. So it's not the balance, it's your tacticsWink just don't make him ambush you and use rockets, it's target practice really, especially when you get some extra hp and firepower, while he gets his first gun or hull. It only gets dangerous when you are playing alone against 2 opponents, both with TC or one with a weapon.

However I used it myself sometimesTongue it works well against unexperienced players, you can push sidelane very fast with it. Once I even saw a guy farming his way up to a heavy tank with TC :o (with a pretty nice score too)
i also like the troop command. sometimes i use it with the scout, and farm with it to the ghost tank. its fun Tongue

but really dont think its imbalanced (in the sense of too good).

1) every starting tank has an AoE spell. most of the time people dont skill it, and then cry that the troop command is imba. just try to change your skillbuild when playing against a troop command. shockwave(demo)/plasma clusters(antigrav)/bombardment(heli) etc. work extremely well. but people tend to skill each tank the same way each time.

an exception of this is the scout, but he got 2 anti-creep abilities.

2) it feeds you. it does not only increase your tank value by 2500 like every other item does (for its price), it also gives some bounty. i want to remember anyone who thinks this bounty is "too low" that there is a bounty! its just extra money, a bonus you wouldnt have got if he didnt chose the troop command. i think increasing the bounty is a bad idea, unless weapons and hulls start to give some kind of bounty, too. :roll:

so, i think the troop command is nice early-mid and defenitely can use a buff later in game.
Exodus Wrote:No offense Prog, but I have yet to see you actually agreeing to any suggestion made. Did you notice you answer is everytime the same? According to you, the map has to be perfectWink

Actually i think the map _is_ nearly perfect (balanced). There are quite a lot of different strategies and the better team wins every game. In my opinion most of the topics saying something is too strong are more the type of "I can't handle it, so it has to be too strong - can't be my lack of skill" which is quite a bad thing in general, becouse it stops ourselves from improving the play. Most of them even don't have replays to confirm it, but how can they know if it is imbalance when they never tried to analyze the replay a couple of times to find their own mistakes? Why doesn't anyone open a topic and ask if there are any good ways of dealing with some sort of strat instead of saying it would be too strong right from the start?
If something is really way too strong I do agree on that (scout, healing drones bug, Infernal some time ago). (Of course there can be some imbalances which I do not see, but if it is shown to me in games or replays I can and will change my opinion.)
As far as buffs go... is it possible to give unit spawn buffs? such as give it the same chance to spawn an Aura creep when a Command Center Upgrade is present? Is it possible to give the aura a scaling buff so instead of 25% flat it increases with Weapons upgrades much like mines?

Should there be a Troop Command 2 that spawns more units or other units with higher HP?

If it was up to me I'd have it combined with the seige pack and up the timer on the spawns. Other options is maybe you can give the troops a 'jammer' so that those units don't appear on the mini map.

As to the earlier statement of them being overpowered early on... just wait for your AoE to catch up or for your ultimate which is usually a 1 hit kill for TC once you get to lvl 10. Course by then you're in mid game. I personally just hang out by the cannon and let the cannon take the troops while I snipe onesy /twosies then use my AoE to farm the force gold. With the additional kills you level marginally quicker too.
I Agree with prog and astra its a balanced item i dont think it should be changed in anyway.
I think the map is perfectly balanced or there abouts
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I think the map is completely imbalanced and should be recoded from scratch. My proof is that I actually lost a couple of games recently. Bullshit! Big Grin
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
Imho buffing TC would be like buffing fireball cannon. It's a cheap item, so it's useless later on.
...and troop command gets stronger with upgrades.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,257 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Further balance suggestions RaptorXI 9 7,465 2013-08-14, 01:59:20
Last Post: Exodus
  !group command Perfektionist 12 8,218 2012-12-21, 04:27:14
Last Post: Botz
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 9,090 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
Brick Kick command for Singelplayer Perfektionist 2 2,944 2012-11-08, 03:25:50
Last Post: Perfektionist