Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.50] Troops attack heros directly
Hi all,

I have experienced to play scout and planted a tower. The problem was, that the troops attacked me after destroying the tower even, when a friendly wave of creeps come near and even, when my creeps stand directly next to me some artillerie was fireing at me and i got killed by force. I suppose to die 2 or 3 times throught that hard attacking of creeps.

I know creeps attack me if there are no friendly creeps arround, but not that they go on when new friendly creeps arriveWink.
I have a long Replay, dont now how to post big data here, but I think its enough information - maybe some other guys experienced it too.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Haha don't confuse his poor english for noobery - I think I *may* have experienced some of this, but I'll need to play more to be sure. I died about 3-4 times to creeps as a scout when I frist tried out 8.50. I know the scout was nerfed *slightly* but the creeps did seem to punch me a lot harder than I remember.
Towers attacked me directly even with my troops near... even with friendly tanks near... even if I'm not playing warcraft and just typing some text.. ! Omg! Theyre here! aaaaaaahhhgggbrlbrlbrl...
Make me happy by the ze.
Don't make fun of him, he has a good point and evidence, what more could you want? I've experienced the same problem too...
i guess it's because every unit attacks it's target untill it's dead or it's out of range.

so if you are the target, it doesn't matter wheather your creeps are there, too.
A Friend is someone who likes you although he knows you.^^

Kindergarten TD!
Increadible: 15000 Downloads on Epicwar!!
Download the latest version here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5813/
Yeah but they are supposed to go creeps first...
i know u can buy 3 factories and control ur creeps to attack a single target... but i suppose this is not the case Big Grin
I also noticed that creeps will automatically pounce a scout tower first, even right when you put it down and they are shooting at other things.
Thanks for making fun of me Big Grin

But its true that I played maybe 500 or more BT games and beleave me, i know the creep behavior quiet well.

If you lost your creeps the enemy creeps start to fire at you - logic, because there are no other targets.

But..., if you start to retreat and a next wave of your creeps come, the enemy creeps really change the target back to the friendly force creeps and you can stop your short retreat. (this should be a standard behavior for every pro or even medium Bt gamer) Sometimes it needs time and maybe you get another shot from the artillery or the zeppelin. But at least then you should not be the target till the new creeps are killed.

I experienced it only that game to be attacked from the whole wave even if my creeps stand next to me (not behind).
Maybe it has something to do with the tower, like it is build now.
The tower of the scout for example, is attacked to 100% from the enemy towers if you start to build it, but instantly is ignored by the Cannon tower when completed if there are enemy force creeps in range. I think that aggresive attacking of the building tower could have spread over to me, as i might be the builder who should be killed, but didnt see that within the last 10 games.

Try to build a tower near to the enemy cannon towers in mid ynd you will see, that i am right. Its a good chance to protect your creeps to spread enemy long range fire, but I hate to loose my tower extremely fast through that.

maybe its the following scenario: you go infront of the enemy towers with creep support. You start to build a tower, which is out of range of the cannon towers, but you as the the builder of the tower are now attacked (being in range), because your watch tower is out of range. That priority of attacking is included in warcraft I think and only in that special case maybes that problem occurs)

@lyf590
y - there were no player controlled creeps in that early game state. (no factories or troop command - thats why the force killed me so often without enemy Tanks attack)
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.67d]Units don't attack castle Muardin 3 2,382 2010-02-28, 19:26:41
Last Post: Muardin
  TROOPS SPAWNING 8.60 BENNIE.FM 1 1,318 2009-07-08, 17:35:53
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Artillery only ground mode does not attack buildings. Doomhammer112 2 2,090 2009-05-29, 15:40:19
Last Post: Doomhammer112
  [8.57] Advanced Troops on Guard Dr.McNinja 4 2,411 2009-02-23, 14:57:15
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  [8.57] Map Boundary & Spawning Troops Dr.McNinja 3 2,018 2009-02-21, 06:50:20
Last Post: Dr.McNinja