Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Ships VS Battle Tanks
This is a discussion thread for comparing battle ships against battle tanks. Why do you think battle tanks is better, or battle ships is better than battle tanks?

First, there's less variations of Battle Tanks maps and mods, than there is of Battle Ships. The reason is that the original mapper of Battle Ships did release an open source public, and VOILA! Dozens of different versions of battleships. They all so fucked up that I don't play them anymore. I remember I did once play the original BS map, it was kinda balanced, and stronger weapons did increase in cost exponentially (as cuz of limit of the inventory), unlike the Battle Tanks linear weapon system. Now I don't remember the original BS map and all the mods confuse me and they are all crap. Also the abilities is not impressive either. That's why Battle Tanks owns Battle Ships IMO!

Well if Exodus would have mapped Battle Ships, it would have owned all the other battle ships maps I guess (if those guys who always play shitty BS maps notices that), especially with some awesome abilities which doesn't exist at all in the battle ships maps.

I had an idea with implementing a manual cannon system if I was to make a BS map. You inventory could represent the 6 cannons the ship have (+ ship cannon which only fires straight forward). The slots on the left side could represent the cannons which fires on portside, and the right slots represent the cannons on the starboard side. An easy anti cheat system could prevent the player from moving the cannons in the inventory when recharging. So basically a funny and simple map with up to 7 cannons max. Navigation and skills is required to win the game. A different alternative to the phönix fire based AOS maps (or whatever those maps it called).

Open Source of BS
Open source of the old Battle Ships map can be found Here.

I still think the Battle tanks is more fun to play than Battle Ships. What do you think? Battle Tanks still pwns Battle Ships in fun gameplay!
Never played Battle Ships.
Make me happy by the ze.
The BS is a bit older than BT.
There are different versions of BS like sked, advanced, Dwarfs, Battle-Mod52m, Psycho, Cross-Fire, Allstars 4.0F, Naval Combat and more.
The only battle ship map which is quite ballanced is only BattleShipsX.
The most imbalanced version is Psycho.
In all versions of BS the creaps updates are imba (not including BattleShipX).

I like BT becouse it realy ballanced, good spells, more items, more special tanks not only tradar, and low file size.
[attachment=0]Made it just for fun. Only way to fight is pure skills xD

That would be my BS map - But I'm not sure if I want to create every cannon item into a unique projectile (and much work detect every and one unique item in inventory). That would be a LOT OF WORK...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

X and Pros were fun... the rest just got confusing and retarded... no offense to the retarded ;p

I finally got my favorite version of X back... 2.9.1 ... it's where they updated the harbor and ship models. I always enjoyed the capping maddness in pros. Although I stink at capping. Only on the occassional noob team can I out pace them to go for the spawn cap.

Trading in Pros is awesome... Unfortunately there's a lot of tricks to juggling items to become a dangerous trader there. I like the use of fog in Bships not as abusive as Dota. I also like the trader hunting system.

The trade system itself sux and requires a lot of gaming.
Ive played both of these games and consider battle tanks the better game, it takes alot of strat and skill to win a game of equals in btanks.imo
when the lizard people come....
I havent played bships in ages, and I do remember one tkf that had a "tank cannon" with the ships. Naval wars or whatever its called is a fun map, ships actually have some nice abilities. Anyway, ships is fun to play just to fuck around since most arent balanced at all, btanks is better for "serious fun" that involves some real thinking, planning, skills etc etc....
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo- / Tank Battle MaxL2f 0 4,625 2011-08-12, 07:38:41
Last Post: MaxL2f
  Naval Battle - by TKF TKF 19 12,538 2009-09-19, 18:20:14
Last Post: TKF
  Ships'n'Tanks SCorpA1 11 6,647 2008-10-25, 00:34:25
Last Post: SCorpA1
  Battle Tanks 1.0 horselance 19 11,366 2008-08-17, 17:52:26
Last Post: Swordy
  Hand and Finger habits on keyboard when playing Battle Tanks TKF 11 5,912 2008-06-20, 14:49:41
Last Post: DerSatan