Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista Thread - IT DOES SUCKS OVER NINE THOUSANNDDS TIMES...!
VISTA BLOG NO-SENSE #1

I bought a laptop today (or yesterday; dec 21), actually my first laptop ever. It cost about 1300-1400€ ( 9200kr which is quite low price but well, in Norway everything is expensive for foreigners).

But it has Vista kind of installed already. It need some sort of configuration on first time usage. Usernames, language and some looooong waiting...

This is my first encounter with vista in with direct experience. Actually people who claim vista isn't good, are correct. But I've to say one thing: ITS MUCH WORSE!!! Seriously it requires 2 warnings to be clicked ok upon when you move files on your desktop!! WHAT!! btw the bugged vista didn't allow me to move the third time a folder inside a folder cuz I don't have admin access (LOL bug, does it requires system access??)

-.- -.- -.-

VISTA PREMIUM EDITION IS A EVIL MICROSOFT PROGRAM DESIGNED TO MAKE PEOPLE VERY ANGRY SO THEY MIGHT LOSE THEIR MIND COMPLETELY!!!! UUUUUUUAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

(An eerie silence...)

Vista is quite incompetent with old software. It's very intensional, of course the master architect (theoneweallknowwho) also probably had this in mind. The way the Vista was made, is to force people to buy compatible softwares for Vista. There are many softwares that doesn't work in Vista, cuz "it's different from xp"! Luckily there is some software updates to fix this problem. But how to get them, when you got an issue of connection to the wifi network...

hehehe... can't update when network thing is bugged... no connection... no internet access... no update.... ....circle stops there

:arrow: I can't access the internet, cuz the lameage of Vista network settings, doesn't allow me to connect to my own wireless home network. For some reasons, Vista doesn't even know what the error is. The error message even says the error is unknown -.- which sort of show a incompetent side of Vista, really. To make things worse, the vista is needed windows update in order to fix this particular bug. Well my point is that the bug is PREVENTING ME FROM CONNECTION TO THE NETWORK!! NO INTERNET ACCESS! NO UPDATES! NO NOTHING!!!!!!! :x :x :x

Stay faithful to XP as long as possible. When the day comes when almost everyone, the race of xp users will face extinction (in terms of having XP system that is)....

In case you says: format it and install XP, well the filesystem is kind of new, and the safety countermeasures, are a evil creation by Microsoft company, which makes things a little worse. In addition a 3 years guarantee does only apply, as long I got Vista installed in case I have to deliver it for repairs in the future...

No guarantee and Xp, or 3 years guarantee and Vista. I think I have no choice, cuz I'm not affording to lose the guarantee...

I don't like Vista.

That all I will say for now, As more I use Vista, I'll certainly mention more flaws....
I also have Vista and its not worse than XP. You know, 90% of the problems are sitting in front of the PC ...

I have absolutly no problem with Vista, you can turn off the security warnings and if you have installed the 64-bit version of Vista its only natural that some programs arent working anymore, thats not the fault of Vista. Even if you only have the 32-bit version, its not Microsofts job to make every program compatible to vista, its the one of the developer of the particular software.

If you have problems with your wireless network ... well, try it with a lan-cable. Trust me, XP is even worse when it comes to wireless networks, my laptop which has XP installed on it, loses the connection to my wireless homenetwork every couple of minutes. It only happens in this particular network and only with this laptop. There's no reason for it but it still happens. Sometimes he tries to get an IP for hours ...

I like Vista.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Well, I'm in that situation I cannot use lan cable, then I need a 50-60 m long in that case....

Well I can move to the very dark room where the modem and router is, but I must fix the wireless connection somehow. I can't get to internet every until I fixed this very issue... Otherwise I'm stuck close to a router at all times....

_______

Edit_

Well I'm doing a major update of Vista by using a lan cable. Time will tell if that works....

So far I don't like my new laptop....
I knew all laptops these days come with some kind of microsoft software installed on it, but never heard of a laptop that wich would lose its guarantee if a new OS is installed... I do not say it is a rare thing, just saying that i find it strange and have never heard of that.

I would never buy such a laptop then, you want guarantee for the hardware you buy, not the stupid software that they try to enforce on you.

Personally i havent tried out Vista (have seen it on friends laptops and such) so i wont say its good or bad, i can only confirm that recently a worldwide acknowledged magazine (the name escapes me right now) and many others (just type: "vista worst product" into google) all say vista is the , or one of the, worst products released this year for many reasons.

I am still using windows xp, however, i always 'hated' the way microsoft has this monopoly, so i now am finally discovering the alternatives. And i must say, i am really happy about that. At this moment, i am trying to make Ubuntu (linux) my head OS. I have them both installed in dual boot, but since i always used windows, it still is difficult ofcourse to switch in one day. So i am doing that gradually. But about ubuntu: i love it, it has all that windows has and more, and besides that it has an immense community around it where you can always get help if needed.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm using my old stationary "Chernobyl" like computer still to write in this forum.

I still did hold on for win 98, until I forced myself to change into XP long after it was released. It was sometimes before sp1 was released I remember. XP was quite bad developed in similar way as Vista is now these days, but I didn't have a very bad first time experience on XP like I had with Vista.

I finally managed to set up internet access (oh yes I had to do a major update, though cable first -.-). I still it uses to long time to start. My XP computer uses only 60-70 seconds to be rdy, while my laptop uses approximately 3 min -.- It is 3-4 times stronger, but still 3 times slower Confusedhock: ???? L O L :lol: It must be a laptop weakness, really....

I got 2gb ram.

It sucks about 700-800MB in standby, graphiccard uses shared memory 1gb. So all I have left is 200-300 mb free -.- Still I haven't found a way to regulate the shared memory.... yet...
TKF Wrote:I still did hold on for win 98, until I forced myself to change into XP long after it was released. It was sometimes before sp1 was released I remember. XP was quite bad developed in similar way as Vista is now these days, but I didn't have a very bad first time experience on XP like I had with Vista.

Afaik , you are wrong on this. In comparison, XP was a major move forward from Win98. (its actually the Windows NT basis that has the most important improvement: from FAT32 to NTFS) Yes it had bugs in it at start like Vista has now, but it wasnt all as bad as it is with Vista at this moment.
Quote:I still it uses to long time to start. My XP computer uses only 60-70 seconds to be rdy, while my laptop uses approximately 3 min -.- It is 3-4 times stronger, but still 3 times slower Confusedhock: ???? L O L :lol: It must be a laptop weakness, really....
I just want to point out that there is a known bug with Vista at start up. It isnt there for all vista-users, but it seems that many experience the problem that at startup the system freezes for 1-2mins and then goes on. Should be fixed with next SP i heard (that friend of mine had that problem too, thats where i heard it from).
Quote:I got 2gb ram.
It sucks about 700-800MB in standby, graphiccard uses shared memory 1gb. So all I have left is 200-300 mb free -.- Still I haven't found a way to regulate the shared memory.... yet...
I dont think this is a Vista shortcoming but more one of your graphics card.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music Thread daCe 34 52,609 2014-08-27, 14:10:31
Last Post: Tez.Sick
  Fun Thread xD rofl TKF 15 10,982 2008-12-26, 17:14:50
Last Post: qweqqweq
  Installing Warcraft III in Vista DOGG1 3 2,611 2008-05-27, 03:20:28
Last Post: DOGG1
  Spam thread! TKF 11 8,666 2008-05-17, 19:29:38
Last Post: ancientsurvivor