Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MultiBow only against creeps? with upgrade?
i think the title says it... what about removing the normal mode of the multibow and instead add an upgrade?
Make a Poll about this suggestion?

I think it will be crap, since you cannot change it mode to target heroes or structures then... Also when this item is useless in later games, you can sell it for only with the loss of 550 gold, which is less than the loss of 800 gold.
why not, there is the basic magic which is a normal weapon
No Support via PM!!
I agree, noone would use the multibow as a normal weapon. If i buy it, i buy it for the sole purpose of killing creeps! I am in favor of this idea as long as you dont make it do less dps as it does now vs the creeps.
no, it will stay the same formula for creep weapons (unless the formula itself will be changed, but currently anti creep weapons arent bought too much, so i think its ok)

i would suggest adding a projectile with the upgrade, or start with more projectiles and increase the damage with the upgrade

currently a multibow projectile deals 73 damage, a fan of knives projectile 98... and if you look at the special effect, the multibow shouldnt deal more damage than this, thats why i dont want to only increase the damage

and the range upgrade, well, its somehow the multibow style with that short range, against creeps its ok, and the enemies have a chance of disturbing the creeper
Adding a projectile seems fine too me, cant wait to test itSmile
do it
Then the upgrade cost will be 650 most likely.
550, half of the multibow
ah lol. I thought wrong (1100\2 = 650? lol) It's of course 550.
Oh boy...

I predicted this would happen eventually.

I have a big problem with the new multibow. For several reasons. In basic terms, starting with anything else is dumb.

Why?

#1 In a game where accumulating money is the basis, obviously, the faster one earns money now, the faster they will earn money later. Considering that the damage dealt to creeps is far greater than any similarly priced weapon, it is obvious which one will 'farm' more.

#2 Creeps are really tough compared to a light vehicle at the start. These arrows make it possible to push all the way up to the towers in the middle, against a player with a normal weapon. The effectiveness of creeps as a balance/shield is removed. Put a teammate with you who has normal weapon, and he can just pick on heros while you remove their cover.

#3 We all know that big tanks will demolish smaller ones, with abilities alone. Well since im now an uber-farmer, i can afford my big tank while the guy with the more expensive weapon is left behind in the dust.
Why's that. The major disadvantage is that if you go lane alone with this weapon, the enemies normal weapon could still hit you, while only your tank cannon skill can hit them. However in mid, you're rarely alone and your teammates usually have normal weapons, so you can assist them in pushing. Also it has 800 range, which I find as a very uncomfortable short range when your enemies have slightly higher range.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Player Creeps/Buildings Gold gozo1985 2 3,260 2013-05-24, 20:07:55
Last Post: gozo1985
  Aura creeps in endgame RaptorXI 0 1,814 2012-07-16, 22:56:38
Last Post: RaptorXI
  8.74 - Creeps and tower damage AeroniumX 2 3,634 2012-02-27, 23:08:37
Last Post: griffin1987
  Multibow too imba? Frechheit 11 5,060 2008-05-22, 18:52:38
Last Post: RedNova
  Armor Upgrade Kafkalasch 2 2,014 2008-01-29, 23:16:31
Last Post: Kafkalasch