Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.72b] CP-count
Hi.
played a game some minutes ago..... at minute 22... my team was trying to capture the top cp..... and it started to count from 20^^
is that supposed to be? ^^
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.
Was there a Barricade?

If there are, it's start then always from 20seconds

It isnt a bug^^
I watched it and there was indeed a Barricade. A Barricade slows the capturing down by 50%. The only change made recently, is that it now shows the exact time you need to conquer the Control Point, instead of the steady count from earlier.

So there is no bug.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
hi, had another cp timer bug.
got no replay (also dunno the version/should be the 8.72b) but as example:
i capture a cp, build a barricade (timer is on 3sec remaining) i(my tank) leave the cp area and in this sec the timer get setup to 4 sec. (instead of count down to 2 sec, cause its my barricade o.O)
if ill play a game next time and see this bug, i upload the replay.
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
The way I see it, it's not a bug. The process of conquering is faster, when there are more allied tanks present, but Barricades and towers also count. So the counter went up, because the Barricade alone needs longer to conquer the CP, than together with your tank.
You didn't lose any progress, it just needed longer to completly fill it.
True, that's not a bug. Exodus explained it quite well.
If you go capture a CP and instantly buy a barricade (then 2 units do the capture) you only need about 8 sec. So it is logical that when one unit (your tank) moves away from the CP, then the counter slightly moves up.
hm thats like 2 sec difference cause only 1 of the 2 "units" left the cp area? thats kind of to long in my opinion o.O
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Keep in mind that there is also always some number rounding involved.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.59] Scout Towers still count toward Engineering award GooglyBoogly 3 2,237 2009-05-17, 17:02:15
Last Post: Exodus