As soon as someone ports into range, he is automaticly

- dimension shifted
- stunned
- put at the edge of the range

One of these.

How about it?

Biggest problem with teleport breakers I see right now is:

1. They aren't portable like radar - and still there are detectors and radar
2. They are easily destroyable with radar + troops - and you benefit from both in other ways as well

Could maybe finally put an end to the never ending gobo+poison porter strategy.

What do you think?

Also I think if this get's implemented, the energy torpedo cooldown and damaged should be reduced imho, as otherwise it would get too much popularity in turn.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Looks very overpowered to me.
LOL it's rly to OP^^
I would like to see this as non consumable item to place a port breaker. Something about 3k cost and a cooldown of 80% of the time a port breaker is alive.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2011-09-08, 12:15:58)Prog Wrote: Looks very overpowered to me.

How so?

You can still get away with the porter as well as porting to enemy cps for example.

Also wouldn't that make radar OP as well?

Another thing is, this item would take up another slot...
Being (close to) completely safe against teleport attacks for 1k and you still ask how that could be overpowered? And why should that make radar op?
(2011-09-08, 23:43:52)Prog Wrote: Being (close to) completely safe against teleport attacks for 1k and you still ask how that could be overpowered? And why should that make radar op?

Radar does the same with smoke, and smoke costs 3k as well.
And radar is 1k as well.

So how is it different?

(2011-09-09, 00:19:24)griffin1987 Wrote:
(2011-09-08, 23:43:52)Prog Wrote: Being (close to) completely safe against teleport attacks for 1k and you still ask how that could be overpowered? And why should that make radar op?

Radar does the same with smoke, and smoke costs 3k as well.
And radar is 1k as well.

So how is it different?

And I forgot: You can even combine radar into ultimate pack, by which it doesn't even consume an inventory slot anymore...
How about having a cooldown on that item which is the same as teleport cooldown, so that when one player ports and gets pushed away / stunned / whatever, another one can port without problems right after it?

Would maybe increase templay as well...
Do you really think that seeing your opponent in a range of 600 has similar effects as stunning/dimension shifting/pushing away the teleporting opponent? I couldn't disagree more. The invisibility gameplay mechanic is very very different from the teleporter mechanic.

I really think your idea came out of frustration. You want a 1k gold item which basically says "playing shortrange with teleporter to close the gap is suicide". Not going to happen.
(2011-09-09, 00:19:24)griffin1987 Wrote: And I forgot: You can even combine radar into ultimate pack, by which it doesn't even consume an inventory slot anymore...

yes but you have to pay the idiotic sir-charge for the useless 4k repair bots and another 1k for the blueprint cost.
i think the point is:

a short range porter WITH stun and or troops and other skills is not counter or defable.
You will get high damage or even a death without the possibility to do something against it.

griffin is right with his oppinion that the teleport breaker is often just a joke. too easy to destroy.

I really think theres something missing in the game to avoid such attacks. That not means that the shortporter should get pushed away or stunned or shifted or whatever if you have an item griffin came up with...

I think making the Breaker not destroyable is a good start... and dont come up again with "OMG this is OP - everyone will just put breakers everywhere"....
This is a balancing question and needs some calculation with the following attributes:
Costs, Duration, HP/Destroyable, Area/Range, Stun(yes/no?)

But like it is now its OP from the shortrangeporter side. and i think thats a fact.

haha, sorry, but ridicoulous idea.
Imagine you buy demon for 10k, then you buy poison for 5,5k, teleporter for 3k, mana for 0,8k-2k (if u want all skills + tp) + ofc some weapons and hulls earlier.
U've spend more than 20k gold.
Now i'm airship with goldhul + 2x lightning magic (circa same price, easier to get than your build). I got pwned easy by you.
Now i buy 1k gold item and it makes your build useless.
Not OP?
One must be blind to don't see it.

Edit:
The only way i see this item acceptable is to make it much more expensive + long cooldown/ %chance to work (like 25%-40%)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,558 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,617 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Teleport breaker Max 1 2,456 2013-03-12, 13:06:53
Last Post: Helge_F.
  Item Buy Hotkeys Exodus 8 8,160 2012-11-30, 12:58:40
Last Post: AeroniumX
  New Item Wupti 10 9,402 2012-09-03, 01:26:23
Last Post: Wupti