Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Fuse only buy-able after 2-4 Upgrades
Hy
I think it is a problem that the Remote Fuse is so cheap (1250) and early buy-able
If you start with mines (2500) and the enemy buys Remote Fuse you are immediately lost because you have no weapon at that stage and earns only with tank-kills money.

I suggest that you can buy Remote Fuse first after 2-4 Armor Upgrades so the miner has some time to earn money before he is useless.

Or you make the Remote Fuse a Chance to explode the mines - depending on the Upgrade Level - - The Chance could also differ for small normal heavy mines.
i agree JUST A BIT but having a remote fuse means not that the miner is useless... it just makes it a bit harder to play. same with smoke.... if one buying wards or radar its not instantly useless anymore.

and also another important thing is: miner is most effective in middle... so if you cant buy remote fuse early to counter (you need at least some mins for it in a normal game- becouse instant buy remote fuse if you see a miner at start is fail!) you are not creeping (or very bad) --- so same time you feeding your own team with more creeps. means its a bit overpowered - the team with no miner at start will have a hard game.

a good example is hunter at the moment. a team without a (early) hunter having problems... exactly same reason... hunter is going for kills while the others can support and creep more becouse hunter having less weapons and anti player skills (if hes not stealing everytime with main cannonWink )

think about it.
But you don't start with Smoke ^^
And you can use Smoke to kill other Players.
With miner in the middle and one player destroying all the mines you kill nothing - only your Teammates and yourself... - what give the other Player Kills.
If i remember correctly, the remote fuse cannot see invisi mines. So at least you need 3x detector (300g) or 1x radar (1000g) plus 1250 fuse, it is more than the mine costs.

The miner normally starts with scout, which has a tower skill to detect the detectors. So if you use that well, the other team who buys detectors even loses more money against mines.

Miner delays the game a lot at the beginning phase, because the side without miner cannot move aggressively to make the kill. This I don't like. If we make fuse buyable only at 2-4 armor level (means 10min-20min after game starts), the side without miner is rather to directly save for tier 2 tank. This takes away the fun from the players who like tier 1 tanks.

Maybe the fuse can be changed to work at a percentage. But then the cooldown time also needs to be shortened.
AoKiji you should see for example how LoveComesAgain play with mines.
Frist of all i don't understand guys who buys mines, to buy weapons and start building normal tank after buing mines.
Mining is a choice for whole game (well, ut least it shoud be).
There are 3 sizes of mines, so u can buy bigger when u have enought gold. Good miner with scout can counter detectors with towers as well as remote fuse guys. Map is rly big, and there are lot of strategical paths on it. Playing against good miner is rly hard especially in late game when there's lot of mines.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Upgrades to beat Titan Wars Teo_live 26 21,140 2012-09-06, 16:55:43
Last Post: Teo_live
  Add weapons upgrades requirement before you can purchase the high tier weapons Vitriol 1 2,575 2011-04-13, 01:21:58
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  remote fuse kingnounours 8 4,228 2010-05-20, 23:51:14
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  Hull Upgrades - [tomes] scron2 11 5,314 2010-01-05, 05:58:31
Last Post: scron2
  new balanced upgrades Jeff 9 4,144 2009-07-27, 21:16:20
Last Post: Godlikes.