Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel hull
Hello Map-Team,

It it possible to make improvements like the possibilty:

2 Small hulls x ( 1250 gold) = Upgrade to 1 steel hull (2500 gold).

or

5 Basic magics x (1111 gold) = Upgrade to basic magic (5555 gold)

Greetings
i dont thnk so that would be good idea everyone will buy only basic
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
I think the general idea of making much more "blueprints" is good. Thanks to it only 6slots tank will be more flexible to build and react to what happens on the map. game will be more dynamic and harder to forsee.
I think the exact opposite will be the case. With more blueprints the game will be way more streamlined. For example: noone will ever save gold for a steel hull if he could combine 2 small hulls into 1 steel.
Yeah, I feel as though there has to be an aspect beetween buying a lot of small things in the short term, or saving for bigger things in the long term. The point is people who buy a lot of small things have better tanks sooner, but later are forced to "waste" gold by selling, where as savers will have weaker tanks in the short term, but won't have to sell things. A change like this will just eliminate any sort of strategy involved in these two things.
same oppinion here... lets keep blueprints at a minimum. combining weapons will be fail becouse everyone will buy 4 basics upped (6664 gold) intead of saving for fear magic upped(6550 gold)
Guys you reject idea (wich is imo good) beacouse of some just examples that would be really bad for the game.
For example it would be bad to have blueprint for speedpack + radar (without repair robots)?
Or blueprint for hull and speed pack;) in late game everybody has goldhull and speed pack. Let's join it - free slot would be the result.
5 basics is rly stupid. or 2 iron hulls. but for example 2 (3?) psychomagics?
You got one psychomagic and some other stuff u don't want to resign. U saved gold for some waepon. Some guy from other team buy smoke. U can buy 2nd psycho blueprint it and have a slot for radar, or just add radar to your speedpack.
I think the general idea is very good. We just have to think about some good blueprints.
Or just make the price of blueprinting 2 identical items on let's say 1500 (+500 foe each next item) gold. Blueprinting 2 iron hulls would be stupidity. blueprinting 5 basics = 3kgold (also stupidity imo)

The easiest thing is to find some stupid example and reject the whole idea bc of it.
Give us one example of a good blueprint. The psychomagic one is bad, it has the same problem as the basic magic or hull one. Noone saves for a 20k+ (photon torpedos for example) weapon but buys psychos instead.

I cannot see any 'weapon->better weapon' or 'hull->better hull' blueprint working without damaging the variaty of items being used.
Speed pack + uped gold hull? Isn't it good blueprint?
Speed pack + radar?

For the waepons blueprints i also see the solution - Limit of only 1 blueprint of weapons. One must think good b4 he use it. And there will be suprising situations in the game.
In the past the light hull could be upgraded to steel and then gold... Ofc everyone took a hull each game. Since it reduced the variety of the game, it has been removed.

I think that the blueprint would have the same effect.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I like the idea of combining hulls. What about some extra cost if you do so? Like with speed pack: 3000 for teleporter, 2 * 1500 for upgraded speed boost and then you have to pay 600 to combine, where speedpack direct is only 6000.
Who would buy 2 iron hull and combine them to a steel hull? Or 2 steel hulls into a gold hull? If you add a 10% combine fee I don't see the benefits of doing that.

I think upgraded gold hull should be the roof limit pr slot when it comes to bonus hp. New creative blueprints could be fun as long it doesn't decrease the fun of the game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New hull type - Adamantium hull RAF_Fenix 1 2,386 2014-03-22, 18:41:24
Last Post: Flygplan
  Gold Hull->Power pack->new combo ??? RAF_Fenix 1 2,740 2014-03-21, 13:29:20
Last Post: Prog
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,622 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Hull Upgrades - [tomes] scron2 11 5,317 2010-01-05, 05:58:31
Last Post: scron2
  how about armor hull? VuDu 5 3,242 2009-12-23, 00:53:55
Last Post: GooglyBoogly