Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RangeweaponNerf and SkyfortressNerf
I dont saw this Forum so i posted this in the Beta-Forum too.

-The skyfortress got a skill that can "stun" you (the dissable skill)(sorry i dont know the names of the different skillsTongue) and you only can shot. This "stun" is very over powered. I think for 5 seconds you cant move and cant use any skill. Maybe nerf this skill or replace this skill for the beta and wait for the respond from the other players.

-Every time i played BattleTanks i see some players they are only using rangeweapons (1300 range). This weapons are too strong. You cant reach the enemy player and they hit you whit 600 dmg. I think the uppgrade costs for the Energy Torpedo are to low. For 1000 gold you got +172 dmg. (any starter tank ~1000hp is after 2-3 minutes in two shots down and he got no chance do reach his enemy)
I think i got a good idea how to nerf this weapons:

Bombarding Rockets - 2000Gold - 165 dmg - 1,5 refirerate - 900 range (uppgrade 500 gold = +400 range)

Energy Torpedo - 3100Gold - 478dmg - 3,33 refirerate - 900 range (uppgrade 1200 gold = +400 range)

Rockethail - 6000Gold - 4x 154 dmg - 1,5 refirerate - 900 range (uppgrade 2000 gold = +400 range)

Acid Cannon - 12000Gold - 923 dmg - 1,5 refirerate - 1300 range (uppgrade 4500 gold = -0,3 coldown)

I underlined the changes. Please change the rangeweapons in the next beta and wait for the reaktions of the other players.

thanks for reading

Perfektionist (SmallDragi)
The stun deals no damage and can be easily broken and countered, meaning SkyFortress' is only at an advantage in 1 vs 1 battles. If you nurf that than no one would buy sky fortress, I think you misunderstand the difference between "powerful" and "overpowered"

For the weapons suggestions, do we really need more boring 900-1k range weapons? They are so overused already...

Your suggestion also slightly nerfs acid cannon, the item is barely ever used meaning if you nurf it then no one will ever buy it. On a side note I would like to see the opposite... if Acid Cannon costed a little more, to make it a little more worthy late game. A bare bone 3k upgrade makes the weapon nothing more than a glorified infernal-rock, and gives too much incentive to the overused supercell.
Tongue 
(2012-09-05, 21:20:29)Teo_live Wrote: For the weapons suggestions, do we really need more boring 900-1k range weapons? They are so overused already...
i dont know what kind of games have you been playing but you cant call 900-1k range weapons overused. All range weapons are overused therefore they are just being used.
The only weapon that is an exception is supercell since its the last weapon of choice
for like 99% of the playersTongue.

And please stop this crap about lr being op especially for mid players. Its only op if you get fed like crazy and that only happens because mid has less skilled players. Its an ego gameplay that hurts you and your teamates since if you mass buy them you overcreep your teamates (especially with scout) and then you cant win the game with it because after 25-30 min its uselessTongue
(2012-09-06, 08:43:14)EarthR Wrote: The only weapon that is an exception is supercell since its the last weapon of choice
for like 99% of the players
Sigh... yeah so true. I hate that it makes late game so boring, I really hope that changes by making more weapon options available....
(2012-09-06, 08:43:14)EarthR Wrote: And please stop this crap about lr being op especially for mid players. Its only op if you get fed like crazy and that only happens because mid has less skilled players. Its an ego gameplay that hurts you and your teamates since if you mass buy them you overcreep your teamates (especially with scout) and then you cant win the game with it because after 25-30 min its uselessTongue
Argh you make it look like I said that. Perfektionist is arguing LR is OP on mid, not me.Dodgy

But yes I agree with you here also, I don't understand the point in making all LR weapon 900 ranged...
(2012-09-05, 21:20:29)Teo_live Wrote: The stun deals no damage and can be easily broken and countered, meaning SkyFortress' is only at an advantage in 1 vs 1 battles. If you nurf that than no one would buy sky fortress, I think you misunderstand the difference between "powerful" and "overpowered"

For the weapons suggestions, do we really need more boring 900-1k range weapons? They are so overused already...

Your suggestion also slightly nerfs acid cannon, the item is barely ever used meaning if you nurf it then no one will ever buy it. On a side note I would like to see the opposite... if Acid Cannon costed a little more, to make it a little more worthy late game. A bare bone 3k upgrade makes the weapon nothing more than a glorified infernal-rock, and gives too much incentive to the overused supercell.

you cant counter the "stun" if you are alone. you team always fail to stop the "stun"

900 k weapons arent boring???!!!! you need to know when you can go in and when you go back. if everyone got 900 to 1000 range it is realy fair and only the best player will win. 70% of all weapons are that range and you say they are overused? :S

the acid cannon cost 12000 gold and uppgrade only 2500 gold
for example the psychomagic cost 9999 gold and the uppgrade 3500?? why?

(2012-09-06, 08:43:14)EarthR Wrote: Its an ego gameplay that hurts you and your teamates since if you mass buy them you overcreep your teamates (especially with scout) and then you cant win the game with it because after 25-30 min its uselessTongue

thats what i mean
(2012-09-05, 00:40:30)Perfektionist Wrote: -Every time i played BattleTanks i see some players they are only using rangeweapons (1300 range). This weapons are too strong. You cant reach the enemy player and they hit you whit 600 dmg. I think the uppgrade costs for the Energy Torpedo are to low. For 1000 gold you got +172 dmg. (any starter tank ~1000hp is after 2-3 minutes in two shots down and he got no chance do reach his enemy)
I think i got a good idea how to nerf this weapons:

Bombarding Rockets - 2000Gold - 165 dmg - 1,5 refirerate - 900 range (uppgrade 500 gold = +400 range)

Energy Torpedo - 3100Gold - 478dmg - 3,33 refirerate - 900 range (uppgrade 1200 gold = +400 range)

Rockethail - 6000Gold - 4x 154 dmg - 1,5 refirerate - 900 range (uppgrade 2000 gold = +400 range)

Acid Cannon - 12000Gold - 923 dmg - 1,5 refirerate - 1300 range (uppgrade 4500 gold = -0,3 coldown)

I underlined the changes. Please change the rangeweapons in the next beta and wait for the reaktions of the other players.

thanks for reading

Perfektionist (SmallDragi)

Honnestly u didn't even respect the formula for the calculation of the weapon price based on range and dps and thus u totally nerfed these weapons compared to the ones who can attack buildings and players both. U would seriously make LR weapons 10% more expensive to provide 20% less damages ? Or did u not even bother to count anything ? No, it seems, because your numbers are not even consistent with each others from a weapon to another. Please at least try to understand the game and make some basic proportionnal calculations before asking anything to the dev team...

Then, about the idea itself, every kind of weapons can be powerfull if played with skill or luck. I think 1300 range is a proper limit and for the confort it brings u in early game, it can becomes really tricky for urself in midgame, let's not even speak about endgame. So it's properly balanced already, much more at least that ur proposition is.
:D "you see whole replay and then come back to say please!"Big Grin
===== FAM_Nexes... To be continued... GodStrongArms, Nexes, Canneton =====
(2012-10-07, 14:51:13)GodStrongArms Wrote: Honnestly u didn't even respect the formula for the calculation of the weapon price based on range and dps and thus u totally nerfed these weapons compared to the ones who can attack buildings and players both. U would seriously make LR weapons 10% more expensive to provide 20% less damages ? Or did u not even bother to count anything ? No, it seems, because your numbers are not even consistent with each others from a weapon to another. Please at least try to understand the game and make some basic proportionnal calculations before asking anything to the dev team...

Then, about the idea itself, every kind of weapons can be powerfull if played with skill or luck. I think 1300 range is a proper limit and for the confort it brings u in early game, it can becomes really tricky for urself in midgame, let's not even speak about endgame. So it's properly balanced already, much more at least that ur proposition is.

i already made new calculation in a new thread in the right forum.

And i know 900 range is stupid because then the rangeweapons will lose there avantage. But the damage is to high for the early game if they uppgraded!

The new thread: http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3503