Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal of CP tp Warning Light
ssl Wrote:
olivercamel Wrote:because of the cool down time for the next tp.
Not true. If you stop the teleport, the cooldown won't be triggered, because you did not teleport. In fact, you can telespam a CP by clicking [C], then mouse on CP, then [S] and again and again and again.

I tried it, and it is true. So you can fake tp as much as you want.

I think this is imba.
olivercamel Wrote:I think this is imba.
Why?
ssl Wrote:
Why?
I guess it is again just a misuse of imba and should mean "really cool" or "really strong" or "an interesting strategy"
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!
olivercamel Wrote:
ssl Wrote:
olivercamel Wrote:because of the cool down time for the next tp.
Not true. If you stop the teleport, the cooldown won't be triggered, because you did not teleport. In fact, you can telespam a CP by clicking [C], then mouse on CP, then [S] and again and again and again.

I tried it, and it is true. So you can fake tp as much as you want.

I think this is imba.

Does noone read forum/wiki? No need to try things which are already common knowledgeWink http://btanks.net/wiki/Fake_Control_Point_Teleport

I don't think it is imba, mostly because this trick is played like forever and doesn't give too much of an advantage. It's just another gimmick improving game theory aspects in battletanks.
Prog Wrote:Does noone read forum/wiki? No need to try things which are already common knowledgeWink http://btanks.net/wiki/Fake_Control_Point_Teleport

I read the wiki, but seriously I didn't find this page. Can you let me know if you start with the main page, and how to redirect to this page? provided if you don't know the link.

ssl Wrote:
Why?

Indeed imba is not the correct word. My point is the fake tp weaken the effects of the newly designed warning light.

The warning light is supposed to give advantages to the offensive players. But with the fake tp, the defensive side don't really spend 75 gold. At the same time, the fake tp becomes a bluffing to the attackers. Also, you can use fake tp to confuse the attacker, meanwhile delay some time for healing. So it seems the warning light gives more benefits to the defensive side.

But anyway, till now the fake tp is not often used in the games. So no reason to change it or discuss it. Just ignore my post.
olivercamel Wrote:I read the wiki, but seriously I didn't find this page. Can you let me know if you start with the main page, and how to redirect to this page? provided if you don't know the link.

Main page -> control point -> category: control point -> fake control point teleport

Such tricks will be under the category "hints" as well, so if you just search for hints or view the category hints you can find it more easily (a good way to search for categories can be found in http://btanks.net/wiki/Special:Categories). Still there is not really much on the wiki and the quality isn't perfect, it needs way more people working on it - quantity implies quality here due to constant reviewing.

olivercamel Wrote:But anyway, till now the fake tp is not often used in the games. So no reason to change it or discuss it. Just ignore my post.

It is often used for at least 1 1/2 years (i guess even longer) and was known when the warning light was implemented. To be precise: it was meant to be fakeable by mappers & dev.team.Wink
We've used fake TP for ages. It's only now that people can see it. A benefit to the ninja!

Even Fake Infernal stun. Tricks those Hunters into doing their ulti :twisted: MWAHAHAHA!
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
I wanna see fake sky fortress bombing as well then - maybe a glowing light just before the sky fortress starts to bomb?Wink))

Maybe you could even implement double faking by not restarting the cooldown of a skill if it was stopped while the casting time is still running...

+1 for PokerFaceTanks !
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removal of Votekick in League psycodiver 4 3,551 2010-06-20, 22:32:46
Last Post: ssl