Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little visual terrain issue
I think I don't need to describe it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Woah, whats that?
I've never seen that issue ingame, did you just use a specific ability, maybe a "bomb" or something similar?
As it seems, the cliff's texture is simply blacked.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Maybe it's the resolution? Which resolution are you using?
im pretty sure it doesnt look that way for me. but i dont know my resolution or anything at the momentTongue
Maybe related to screensize (1400x1050)?

BTW, quite old, but never mentioned before - found this Screenshot of 8.54b :oops:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Nope, the texture isnt black, but those terrain squares are simply lowered by one cliff level. (Or about one)
This forms a hole in the terrain and you can look through the ground, seeing the black background.

This is definitely the same problem. I would have expected it to be a problem with wc3's cliff generation in the editor already, but it seems like the hole forms ingame then. Any terrain deformation could cause this. I think the best idea is to check the cliffs at that position and simply recreate them.

Do you already have experiences with that cliff slopes? They often cause problems like wrong pathing and those black holes in the terrain. Probably in an early version there was one and it now comes back to get its revengeBig Grin

By the way, somewhere on the map there was another black hole in the terrain. I don't know whether it is already fixed, it was a very small triangle caused by a such a slope. Don't remember the position either, and it's like half a year ago I found it... ^^ Just forgot to report.

(That's why -feedback x could always be useful)
(New idea, does not have to get into the changelog, but what about something like -memo x or -note x, an info which can be displayed at the end of the game or with -viewmemo, -memo simply would add to the string, stupid idea and alt + tab + notepad is a good idea, tooTongue But from my personal experience I know that I don't switch to the desktop to write a note down often)
A lazy way to record is to just type your stuff. Then grab a copy of the last replay later. Then you can look it up whenever.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
This happen sometimes if spells that shake the earth or just spells like thunder clap are used near cliffs.
I'm nearly sure that these spells are the problem cause i saw this happen in a few other maps too by using these skills.

I hope this could help a bitTongue
T4M.Avatar Wrote:This happen sometimes if spells that shake the earth or just spells like thunder clap are used near cliffs.
I'm nearly sure that these spells are the problem cause i saw this happen in a few other maps too by using these skills.

I hope this could help a bitTongue

I already told that in other words. (Terrain deformations cause it)
It happens due to skills, yes. But that doesn't mean we cannot fix it. It's a rare situation and only happens at that exact cliff I think. So there's something wrong with the cliff. Simply change it a bit and it will probably fix the problem, noone will recognize and gameplay won't be affected. No need for a bug which can be fixed.
Okay, got news.

The cliff is practically pushed off the higher ground. It may be a resolution problem appearing after terrain deformations.
However, in the 1st picture you can see the black space and a line of trees behind it.
In fact, these line of trees is standing exactly next to the cliffs normally, the black space is not existent.

I remake these spots, but can't promise it to be fixed. That's probably one of the most "hardcoded" issuesTongue
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  creep gold visual indications not showing up qweqqweq 2 1,952 2010-01-07, 01:34:53
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Goblin Shredder Speed Issue Calimaw 4 4,038 2007-10-17, 02:43:33
Last Post: DOGG1