Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why is blizzard anti-hacking custom games now?
i am just trying to speculate here. i don't really care for any other reason than curiousity... why do you all think that blizzard is trying so hard to dissable custom game 3rd party programs like ghost bot? and also, is it just ghost bots being dissabled or is it all programs or some other programs?

i know the reasons blizzard's given so far. but i want to know if there is possibly some other reasons. i won't even fucking say what i'm 99% sure is the real reason. maybe a feedback analysis of their recent actions might provide some clues?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
It would be a move saying "alive & active and we constantly support it such as our recent move on hunting and removing offenders" which promotes the game because fact is, the game is fairly old and they probably dont want the game to die (or decay).

This shows there is still support and are keeping the game fair. Just having updates and fixes doesnt send a a big enough message. Just like when they banned however many trillion players in november or sometime last year.
๏̮๏
thats why some of us use eurobattle.net
their version has better connection, with no delay, no matter you use bot or not.
with good players its just like playing in LAN.
and they support lots of other stuffs. 8)
ehem... things are the same in europe...
i'm sort of not suprised really that no one thinks like me. i guess you are all naive a little bit or don't care. you can call me paranoid but you all are smart or semi-smart people for the most part so make your own opinion. i only offer my own:

1. blizzard has lots and lots of sponsors. the sponsors pay to promote and sponsor tournaments from dota and ladder play. if maps like btanks were sponsored for tournaments and advertising then blizzard would be at the whim of outside mappers like exodus and i would hazzard to say that they don't relish that idea. i could be wrong. there's no way to prove what i'm thinking is right and if i am right there is not much we could do about it anyways.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Um, he means the server name is eurobattle, not Europe/northrend on battle.net.

I wont bother checking out an european pvpgn server since im in au.
๏̮๏
Killing bots means kill most of the fluid running league systems on which dota is relying.

My opinion is ... they actually want WC3 to die... for one upcoming good reason:
Starcraft 2

Scrap the old... buy the new...
+ Killing people playing wc3 makes servers available for SC2
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
@qwerq
Um, if i elaborate on what i said, it boils down to what you said.

By promoting the image of being big and active, they can continue to collect revenue from all wc3 related ads etc.. $$$$$

They lose all that revenue from various sources if wc3 itself dies down even if just slowly. They want to continually preserve this profit making game that is still making profit.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?
๏̮๏
If Blizzard is killing WC3, then why isn't SC dying as well? SC is much older, and while it has a larger community (South Korea), most of the good people play on ICCUP, not bnet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starcraft 2 - Custom maps Ger-Dyers-Eve 9 9,156 2010-09-30, 16:48:03
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  physics sandbox games DOGG1 5 4,814 2008-05-29, 03:27:20
Last Post: DOGG1