Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-hb imbalance scenario
Recently, I realize that it is so much easier to win on the defending side than the side that controls all CP.

For example, the other team is not so behind on golds and items. Attacking side put up facs to push. The defending facs are almost all taken out but the there is no enough firepower to take out the defending tanks. In that scenario, there is no income for the attacking side at all and a huge income boost for the defending side. What eventually happen is that the defending team does not even put in an effort to recap CPs. They just sit there and wait for the creep feed. Then they started pushing back when they all got titans and frostSad

I think there should be a penalty for tanks that camps in the base. For example, extra gold for attacking team if tanks are camping in base on defending team.

It's been really frustrating since they only counter is to not kill the facs and not to take CP. But that is hard to do when you have pubs on your team that won't listen.
You have to remember that the map is balanced for a normal game. In -hb mode you get twice as much gold for kills and creeping, while the initial team bonus remains the same.

So if the defenders kills more than the attackers, a turnover will more likely happen in -hb mode.
By the way, it isn't true that the Attackers aren't getting any income.
When you kill the other teams factories, 2/3rds of what you would normally get from killing the creeps gets gets added as part of the Force Gold. So you only lose 1/3rd of your potential income.

It is true that if the defenders are much stronger then the attackers, they will probably get a higher income then the attackers, but the disparity isn't nearly as big as you make it out to be.

Plus, the attackers always have the option of trading, which can rack up even more income for them and leave the defenders in the dust.
The problem is you get the money only every 5 minutes as attacker.
And you get no or less EXP, because there is no army left, or the factory creeps kill it for one player mostly.
I seen games were attackers stayed lvl 13 and I was lvl 25 as defender in the end... and won it that way.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Morkardar Wrote:I seen games were attackers stayed lvl 13 and I was lvl 25 as defender in the end... and won it that way.
That's because of the XP-bug, which has been fixed in 8.55. This won't happen anymore.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I understand your theories in making money with force gold and all that. But I am telling you this happens all the time in a in-house game, or a game that you have equally skilled players on each team. And the team first started defending always win as long as the defenders are not greedy. This is bad enough to a point that I have to keep telling teammates not to kill any facs or cap any CPs to win a game. If you got a pub player on your team, they simply don't care and kill all facs and I am stuck without income for 5 minutes. At the same time, the defending team is fed well enough to kill my tank with higher bounty which adds up more to their advantages.
Quote: But I am telling you this happens all the time in a in-house game, or a game that you have equally skilled players on each team.

High bounty is not meant to be a well balanced gamemode. It was an option provided to generate some quick fun. If you have organised play with highly skilled players then there should be no need to play this mode very often (except for laughs).
High Bounty IS NOT meant to be balanced for all strategies.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
This scenario doesn't happen anymore, as the gold imbalances have been fixed. I haven't ever had this happen on -hb, and not even in normal for a while. The people who control cps get extra income for each time a unit is created (pretty sure), so if they control all 6 then they stole the income of the original 3 cps from the defenders. This is possible if the attacking team gets very greedy and tries to finish it too quickly, but if they really wanted they could just sit at the cps and eventually win on income or trade. Attackers would have to be very noob to lose after killing all of their factories, you just push with the creeps or place a bomb if you want to fuck with them and its over.
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The imbalance of Demontank missing 13 6,774 2008-06-28, 13:40:02
Last Post: qweqqweq