Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Tanks 1.0
Anyone here want to see Battle Tanks as an original game? With a multiplayer league system. And whatever GUI and models you want will be in it...
I just want to see if there is a passion or not. I want to see hands up. Because we have a good comunity hereSmile
Trolololo
Mm? Sry I dont get it. You want to make BattleTanks like a "Game", not just "The map from WC3"? I thought about it, and I think thats a great idea, but its rly hard to create. Really hard. *hand up* If you will need some model-sketches tell me.
Make me happy by the ze.
Hmm. Yes a real game, not a map.
Things becomes very easy when people stick together. When you think single, it is impossibly hard. Really impossible i think...
We need Artists, Modellers and Coders.
I hope there is enough people interest in this, so we can start discuss.
Here is 1 hand, me 2.
Lets see hands...Smile
Trolololo
Just a quiestion how you want to make it in as programme (.exe) or on website.
Hands up only for "Tester".
Lol, all the community will support Btanks 2 on starcraft2. No time to create it by ourselvesBig Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Quote:Just a quiestion how you want to make it in as programme (.exe) or on website.
Hands up only for "Tester".

Not me, "us"Smile
I am searching for some graphical engines ("free to use" ones) Now that i dont have my pc here, and i have a stupid Vista, i cant work properly on this issue. I will continue on this later. Now I have a loading screen to draw.

I ask who will join in. If enough number cannot be reached, there is no way to deal. If enough support is in, we can work in a group. This is how we do this now.
I wonder Exo and Bob have any programming knowledge. This map is very good scripted, so i expect good knowledge.

Yet i have only a fully programmed Video Poker game. And it is done in VB, so i dont have much knowledge on 3D and so on. I have lots of programes done but not in C++. Gotta practice it.

But i dont want to work on programming side. I want to be on texture drawing part.

Hands uppp!!
Trolololo
So I think we need a proggrammer/s [i]Macromedia Flash, PHP+SQL[/b].
A waste of time to use any outdated graphic engine when SC2 is coming and is mod-able like SC1 and Warcraft3...
It is a nice idea, but I doubt you will do this better than the map just ported to SC2.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Of course it wont be better, but It will be the Game. Not a map. Thats the main purpose to make it. (and the fact that you will be involved into the process)
P.S. I can write music for game, even if its not necessary at the start of (^^) Project.
Make me happy by the ze.
I think i coulnt tell well enough. I dont want a web-browser based game. I want a .EXE based original game. And it is not compareable with a SC2 map. We will/can also do that too soon after SC2 released as a map too.
It is not supposed to be an outdated Graphics Engine. There are good ones as i see from screenshots. Gonna test some maybe next week with my friends fresh Video Card.

We sure need programmers.
Possible requirements :
Programmer (1-3)
3D Modeller (2-3)
Texturerer (2-3)
Sounds and Music composer (1-2)
Tester (10+)
Network/Server Admin (2+)
Trolololo
I think it shouldnt be a real-looking tanks right? I'm strongly against real-looking tanks and I dont want a future-like tanks too... So it should be fantasy? Like WC3?
Make me happy by the ze.
WC3 concept is good. It is up to usWink
Trolololo
Well, I have programming knowledge but clearly not the time to do such a thing. I hope you do know how much work this is, even making BT for Wc3 is kinda difficult timewise.

Oh, and I think with Bob it's the same, as he hasn't got the time (and will) to work on BT constantly.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I'm decent with the editor, not good for much else except for feedback and testing. But definetely count me in.
I'd be glad to help in any way that would not require special knowledge (which unfortunately isn't much). I'd love to help test it out. I've been hoping for this a long time, so I'm not gonna let it die outBig Grin.

Both hands way up!
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
So? What should we start with? horselance, do you know somfing ( :lol: ) about programming? I dont. So first of all we should find people and make list with names (nicknames) and jobs.
Me - some sketches, some music, some textures, testing, making other people happy, mainscreen image ideas, loadscreen (I think it will not be the same with WC3 LS, couse there are WC3 units and lands), ideasmaker.

Hehe. So everyone whos in should make list like mine I think. Make even little signs like "ideasmaker". So we will get a helpful list.
Make me happy by the ze.
Sure but first we must acquire enough people. I wait for responses.
I currently found a good free game engine with decent graphics and a user friendly controlling.
I need to learn a lot about it to get ready.
I still wait for a some good programmers to respond.
Maybe TKF have some knowledge?
Trolololo
horselance Wrote:I still wait for a some good programmers to respond.
You can ask for a proggrammer on hiveworkshop.
Quote:You can ask for a proggrammer on hiveworkshop.

Good tnx.
Trolololo
Of course this would be a long shot off from the obliteratingly pwnage game we play today... but I would be happy to test.

An interesting propersition but I sense epic fail in the air if you're looking to make it as good as WC3 ver...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo- / Tank Battle MaxL2f 0 4,625 2011-08-12, 07:38:41
Last Post: MaxL2f
  Naval Battle - by TKF TKF 19 12,538 2009-09-19, 18:20:14
Last Post: TKF
  Ships'n'Tanks SCorpA1 11 6,647 2008-10-25, 00:34:25
Last Post: SCorpA1
  Battle Ships VS Battle Tanks TKF 7 5,326 2008-09-30, 05:04:02
Last Post: bangyouredead
  Hand and Finger habits on keyboard when playing Battle Tanks TKF 11 5,912 2008-06-20, 14:49:41
Last Post: DerSatan