Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Game Mode Fix - Exploder
Hi all,

I was in a game the other day where we banned the exploder. I was doing really bad, like 1:12, and so I decided to go tinker/explosion packs. I completely turned the game around and so I am proposing that the custom mode option to ban the exploder also ban the explosion pack items when chosen.
I don't like that. Exploder is a pivotal part of the game. Although most people think it is annoying and noobish, it really isn't, and it's hella effective.Smile
true, but wt he meant is that u shouldn't be able to buy explosives in "no exploder" mode, cuz ppl can bypass it by using a tinker... this makes the whole no exploder thing meaningless except for the fact that u cant reconstruct
Maybe don't allow tinkers to buy or pickup explosives in no exploder mode?
I was saying that no exploder mode should be removedSmile
It's a custom mode which is usually disabled on normal games
I have to say that the reconstruction ability is probably a pivotal reason for people to go exploder late in the game, since you have about a 1 in 3 (I think?) chance for your opponent to not get any gold at all while you get several thousand. If the game has been going on a while, an exploder's bounty can get up to over 1000, and being deprived of 1/3 of that could make a difference in the outcome if the exploder happens to be extremely luckyBig Grin

In conclusion, though not banning explosives leaves the option to explode open, it may end up giving much more gold to your opponents in the long run if you do it with a tinker.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revive BattleTanks as custom map in Dota2 Heretic 13 14,490 2021-06-03, 17:45:27
Last Post: jerryjhon
Rainbow Custom BattleTank Map iregenbogen 1 2,856 2017-06-21, 19:57:09
Last Post: Saiyuki
Lightbulb Alter Game Mechanic DarkRavenBest 0 2,131 2016-05-17, 13:35:56
Last Post: DarkRavenBest
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,309 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 10,337 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987