Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.42] Shredder second skill lock
I don't know if this can be fixed by scripting, but here goes.
When using the shredder, it happens sometimes that when you activate the shredder second skill (the close-combat ground only buzzsaw strike, forgot the exact name. Meh) you cannot control your tank until it has delivered the attack (or the game cannot find a path and deems the task impossible), which can lead to a wild and deadly goose chase for the shredder if it's intended target runs away (and usually into a CP and a bunch of creeps).
Usually, it happens when I activate the skill and get stunned while "running to strike". After the stun the order remains and it cannot be cancelled.

I'm trying to remake the pattern but it is quite hard to do alone, since it happens more often when you are stunned by enemy skills.
This is the normal behaviour of the Warcraft engine in this case, I doubt that I can do something about this :/
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Thanks for the info. I'll be more careful with this guy from now on :-)

To wit: this also happens with the goblin tank.
When the skill gets in range, when the shredder and goblin tank attacks, and it doesn't matter how far away the enemy tank gets when the skill activates.

However the animation delay is the main cause for the delay. I don't know if setting both abilities speed to 5000 would help.
The main problem is getting stunned while you are about to use your ability (eg trying to get in range to use it). After the stun your unit wants to execute the skill no matter what. This can happen with every skill, but because you wanted to use a short range skill, its a more critical issue.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
what is the base skill of these goblin stun skills?

is it the dwarfen hammer which he throws? (dunno the name)
Yes it happens with every "target required" skill. And there is no way to stop your tank afterwards. If you are lucky, your enemy hesitates for something and you use your skill then you are free. (if not still dead)
It is a problem of Warcraft itself, not about BT.
Trolololo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goblin shredder's ulti DJantoine 1 3,550 2012-09-17, 16:41:05
Last Post: Exodus
  Shredder: Goblin Synergy sebbedb 6 7,133 2012-08-06, 20:18:38
Last Post: sebbedb
  [8.76c] Minor Tinker skill bug ssl 2 3,657 2012-07-30, 16:19:43
Last Post: ssl
  Storm Tanks Leash skill ThisSpaceForRent 1 3,539 2011-09-02, 13:28:31
Last Post: Exodus
  [8.73]Architect Portal Skill Glitch crzy4hire 1 3,259 2011-04-08, 13:36:41