Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8.41 Control Point Money Bug, Game Developers Please Read
This is the biggest issue ...I am posting this under bug reports because owning control points hurting a team is obviously a bug…

checkpoint/money system

Currently the team that has more checkpoints "gets more money." HOWEVER the team with more checkpoints still does not get as much as the other team does for plainly killing the creeps.

I know (but have not confirmed) that the checkpoints give more money as the time they have been conquered increases, but for the first 1-40 minutes you own the control point it WORKS AGAINST YOU.

A control when controlled gives the opposing team roughly 5 gold per second NET GAIN. This is from the fact that control points spawn 2 marines each worth roughly 25 gold every 20 seconds which is roughly 2.5 gold per second; also add in the fact that your team is not getting to kill those 2 creeps so that is MINUS 2.5 gold per second from your team and you have a net of 5 gold per second loss for controlling a control point. Given this bit of information, control points should outright give the team that controls them some benefit past this 5 gold/second.

My Suggestions

1) Control points should decrease the gold the opposing team gets for each creep kill by 10-20%. This percentage has not been checked for balance issues, but is a rough idea of how control points could work. With this in mind, if you control all the CP’s, the opposing team should get 50-80% less money per creep kill than you, making CP’s valueable and worth fighting for.

2) Control Points give a flat gold per second to the team that owns them. As said earlier, the opposing team gets 5 gold per second, so the owning team should maybe get like 7-10 gold per second. This is obviously not exact because the amount of money creeps are worth changes and so forth, but is a basic example of how this should work.

Either way, control points needs to be VALUABLE to the team that controls them so they are worth fighting for. I am not saying these ideas need to be used in conjunction with each other, but maybe 1 or the other…or even neither. Just change something please, control points are ridiculously lame.

[u] Side Note [u]

Control point capture time should be turned up if they are to be a turning point or important factor in this game.
first of all, welcome to the battle tanks forum Big Grin

some people reported this issue before, and there already is a balancing system, which grants extra money to compensate the 2 marines which spawn at the factories. i dont know the link right now, and dont know exactly how it works.

personally, i didnt encounter any advantage or disadvantage of having more or less control points under my team's control. but even if that is true, it means that is doesnt matter if you capture control points or not. this shouldnt be the case, capturing control points should give more than the (new) money you get one time for capturing it.

as i said, people reported this before, and part of the argumentaion is that defending control points or the base is easier than capturing control points/attacking the base. that defenitely got a point, since the defending team almost always has a healing advantage, gets faster into combat again after dying and is more mobile (CP teleport).
this can give the edge, even if the marines are compensated mathematically correct, defending is easier (-> better?)

however, we mustnt exaggerate advantages of having CP captured. it may happen that your opponent gets a lucky kill near your CP at a side lane and can capture it surprisingly. this shouldnt give a game-deciding advantage.

lets wait for some people giving the link/information how this less-CP-compensation works, and think about it. it may truly be too less effective.

btw: this isnt a bug report, its a balancing discussion. i can understand if your frustrated seeing imbalance some games, but stick to reality please Tongue
If you do the math owning CP's severely hinders your team....something needs to be fixed because if your hindered by capturing and it says the team with more CP's now gets more money in the patch notes...there is a bug...
Well, i didnt understand how a marine gives 25 gold? Is is after 1 hour game u talk? Or 2 marines give 25 gold (average of 0-5th min bounty?)
If so, 25/20=1.25 not 2.5 which 2 marines give at around 5th min of game. Your teams loss is 2.5 g/s.

But main issue is that: you never get benefits of side bases this way. If you attack a side base which both up and down CPs are under enemy control you will get pawned a lot of time (if you do that from main base, that is the only condition that you can get those 2 extra marine kills.) And if you attack from mid base to side bases, then you wont get those extra 2 marine kills. In both conditions you are not advantageous.

For Mid CPs, you will not be gettting all creeps, because you wil be fighting at your base's door, towers will get lots of creekill before you do. Unlike you, your enemy will get all kills. And the worst thing is you will be getting pushed with those extra marines.

Shortly those extra marines are mostly will be killed by towers etc... And you don't get most of the bounty that your force kills.

If you calculate, 2.5*60=150, 150*5=750 gold to your force in 5 min. Which you will not even get extra 70 gold in 4v4 game...
Trolololo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.76b] Control points + Archtitekt RaptorXI 6 5,616 2012-07-30, 05:32:21
Last Post: eduardoxd19
  me throws out at game start GAP 4 4,699 2012-03-26, 20:37:03
Last Post: GAP
  Check game Althend 1 2,623 2011-06-06, 20:41:37
Last Post: Tynkywinky
  Game Loading at Start phoenix_strike 2 2,760 2011-05-21, 12:03:24
Last Post: Velocity2k
  why i cant join any game? barbaras 6 5,758 2011-05-07, 09:33:30