Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.35] Dual-Moduling Tinker
1: Build tower
2: Walk far from tower
3: Modulate tower
4: While walking, cancle module, and do another

2 modules appear in the tower. It's only possible to get 2 max.
I just tried it again, but I wasn't able to reproduce that, do you need a special timing or something?
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
What has the walking to do with it? Strange description for my intelligence levelBig Grin
Batto Wrote:What has the walking to do with it? Strange description for my intelligence levelBig Grin
Lol it just gives you time to click things as you're walking towards the tower.

Exodus Wrote:I just tried it again, but I wasn't able to reproduce that, do you need a special timing or something?
No. Perhaps it only works with the first 2 modules? (hull/heal?)

I'll make a replay or something...
Yes, I confirm this bug.
I even was able to put three modules at once!

It was able in a game when I had huge delay with host(about 2 sec).

1. Set up a tower.
2. Stand close to tower.
3. Open Modules Menu.
4. Very quickly select and insert modules into tower(using hotkeys).

I wasn't able to reproduce three-modules bug again, but two modules can be inserted with no special difficulties.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
This is a serious bug! (I've already said this in another thread) I accidentally doubled made modules when I decided to take cannon module first, I got both weapon and repair module.

I don't know why this is happening or if the module trigger could be optimized (if that if possible that is).

Mappers should perhaps consider a solution if they have one. Simply adding first a stop command, then reinitiating the order in the trigger should perhaps work (just my theory).
i know previous versions had this bug as well, and its most likely done the same way.

stand far away from the tower.
open modules menu
press and hold shift
select module and slect tower
(still holding shift) hit esc, brings you back to the module selection
select new module and select tower
repeat

this queues the modules (like holding shift to build multiple buildings that are the same)
tink gets to the tower, and one after one, all the modules that were chosen go into the tower. untill you run out of mana that is...
Ok, I'll try it again and maybe I can fix it this time. But up until now I (and the DevTeam) couldn't reproduce the bug :/
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I tried it now in 8.36 and i could reproduce it the way firehelix described it. But i only got 2 modules in that way, not more.

Here is a little vid, 7-8mins, but i do it multiple times, also tried it with building 2 towers that way, but that didnt workTongue

Attached Files
.rar   tinker bug.rar (Size: 45.51 KB / Downloads: 76)
Ok, I did found out how this works

Open modules menu
put a module
module menu is still open (do not reselect) and quickly choose another module when you are placing the module

when your tinker is putting a module, your module menu is still there and quickly choose a different module. The menu is getting closed pretty fast.

the menu does disappear a short moment after you use module skill, perhaps about 0.5 sec after using the skill. during that time you have time to make another module by using another skill before the menu is closed after usage.
dont work for me... it only sets up the last module i choosed..
No Support via PM!!
It really isnt that difficult, its the same principal as walking in a guided line using the shift-key. You first select your module and place it in your tower. Your tinker then starts to walk towards the tower (thats why you need to get some distance, only for the additional time you get, that has got nothing more to do with the bug). While he is walking, you select another module holding down the shift key and place that one on you tower too. (you might have to keep 'clicking' your tower while 'holding' the 2nd module) But basically he just puts 2 modules the same way you would build 2 buildings using the shift key or walking a chosen path using the shift key.
How can the dev team not being able to recreate the bug??? Select repair module, when the tinker is about casting the spell, select weapon module, and voila! you got 2 modules!!

But I couldn't make more than 2 modules of same level. Also it seems to be much easier at b.net, and it's easiest for the players, not the host. This is possible with or without using the shift keys!

[attachment=0]
Very short replay.

Attached Files
.rar   2 Tinker Modules bugs in 1.rar (Size: 6.94 KB / Downloads: 74)
got it with hotkeys now... yea its quiet simple... hm
No Support via PM!!
by the way, forgot to add it in the changelog... fixedSmile
i just added a variable for each player, and made it impossible to use that ability more than once in 0.5 seconds.. at least it should fix itWink
Hey Bob,

The trick still works in 8.38. I was able to do it multiple times!
What about a cooldown? Idea

if u click on the module button you get the same cooldown as for placing modules in towers.
And if you stop placing or can´t place the module the cooldown of the Module choose buttons is reset to 0.

Would that be possible :?:
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
no, im sure at least my idea of that fix is right, the problem is somewhere else, ill just have to change a very bit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.77c] Tinker with explosives ignore breaker AeroniumX 2 4,539 2013-01-18, 10:15:46
Last Post: Exodus
  [8.76c] Minor Tinker skill bug ssl 2 3,650 2012-07-30, 16:19:43
Last Post: ssl
  Burst armor doesn't work for my tinker GAP 2 3,399 2012-05-21, 08:55:38
Last Post: GAP
  [8.72c] Tower Modules hotkey (Tinker) RaptorXI 2 2,930 2010-12-16, 22:46:14
Last Post: TKF
  [8.67d] no tinker, buying one eSVau 4 3,399 2009-12-29, 12:58:35
Last Post: Paladon