Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely unbalanaced
There's a topic about the crazy ratio already, where dying at the start of the game is actually an advantage... so i won't talk about that. But i will mention it because it's part of what makes barricades even stupider than they already are.

When pushing a team back to their base, all they have to do is buy a stupid barricade item to replace a lost tower. Put a repair kit in it, and it's practically invincible (leaving your weapons in it makes it more powerful than your actual tank). When they are defending together, near healing... and they have a big self-healing HP shield such as the barricade, it's really hard to do damage to anything on their side without being totally owned.

Barricades take forever to kill, and are easily replaced by killing a good player just one time (because of the ratio).

This has seriously impacted the game, with teams using lame tactics. To win, one dies at the start to get a shit ratio, builds barricades when his base towers are getting destroyed, and simply defends and kills until the ratio makes him really rich. Can just become a suicide bomber, maintain a crap ratio, and become extremely rich while his barricade tower farms creeps and tanks, he can blow up tanks for ever increasing amounts.

The barricades and ratio make the game work like this
Stage1: Team1 works really hard to push to Team2's base.
Stage2: Team2 defends with lame tactics and really gets rich.
Stage3: Team2 pushes to Team1's base with overwhelming force and ease.

Please, stop putting in noob-friendly things. It totally screws the game for people who know how to play.
i had this barricade "bug" in some games too, maybe it would be enough if it has no item slots, because this barricade + weapons is so damn hard to beat Oo
No Support via PM!!
It seems like everyone here likes to exaggerate ... but well.

Well, what do you think about psy's idea to remove the inventory of the barricade? Maybe also reducing the heal of the barricade.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Assuming the bounty system is fixed I don't think changes to the Barricade would be necessary. Probably the only real problem I see with Barricades is they can be placed right on your main base and make defeat nearly impossible if your power isn't much lesser than your enemies. And the fact they can individually use Troop Commands like all the other towers I'd imagine...
I still thinks the barricade should have a inventory, but not the insane hp regen. How much does barricade heal actually? I think it has a very rapid hp regen.
Main purpose I use barricades for is locking down Control Points when I'm rich and making an offensive comeback. They're pretty fragile to heavy sustained fire, and it would be pretty expensive to pass it a regeneration item/weapons so I think it's fine. Besides the fact they can use Troop Commands.
All towers can use items same as barricades, but the barricades are cheapest and strongest, and therefore best. I use barricades with troop command in each when I trade, as it doesn't cost 5 food as factories does and almost as good as factories, except to have to use it manually.
A good way to start, would be to make it so you can't buy barricades in your city when your towers are destroyed.