Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog of War
Simply put, what do you think of it? It sucks, it rocks? Btanks could use it? Btanks definitely does not need it? I had previously operated under the assumption that many players held a vendetta against Fog of War; however, I want to hear some honest opinions from actual players. So please just post what you think about Fog of War as a reply to this thread and perhaps we can start some constructive discussion.
I never understood why btanks never had fog of war, but then I played dota first, then btanks. Fog of war would definitely add a new element to the game.
i love it
game is way more interesting when you dont see the whole map & forces you to think moreSmile
(2011-07-21, 21:47:07)phoenix_strike Wrote: I never understood why btanks never had fog of war

Well, at least I have an explanation for that. The phoenix fire ability was the problem here. All weapons are based on it, as you might know. The problem was, that a unit does not get revealed in the fog of war, when it deals damage through phoenix fire. This lead to a massive advantage for air tanks, which could just sit atop of some trees or cliffs and attack other tanks, which were not able to see these tanks.

There's also no simple option, which enables ground units to see over cliffs. So the fog of war was simply disabled. The problem was solved eventually, but by then players got used to the fact, that there was no FoW.

So much for my slightly offtopic explanation. Carry on then ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I think fog of war would make the btanks a totally different game.

At the moment it's based on reaction speed (aka "skill"), tactical movement, teamplay and strategic decisions.

If you add in fog of war, you would shift it more towards the "skill" component, and away from tactical and strategic things, just because people would stop to use most of the strategies, being anxious about what's under the fogWink

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-07-23, 12:38:48)El_Polacco Wrote: fog of war looks like idea from dota but playing it is russian roulette even if you are very skilled player

i dont think soSmile
(2011-07-23, 20:31:32)stibi- Wrote:
(2011-07-23, 12:38:48)El_Polacco Wrote: fog of war looks like idea from dota but playing it is russian roulette even if you are very skilled player

i dont think soSmile

explanation why?? some arguments against it?

i feel like him.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator